Thread: Strange fall damage bugs

Thumbs down Strange fall damage bugs

Bug 1:

I have observed that when standing on the edge of certain structures, I will take continuous fall damage without actually falling off the structure if I am standing on one of the extreme edges of that structure. In other words, I can stand on a building, move right next to the edge, and start taking fall damage *without actually falling off*. The damage continues to occur as long as I stay on the edge.

The effect of taking fall damage more than once can also be observed when walking (not running) off the edge of a structure.

Bug 2:

I have noticed that when moving over rugged terrain, I will occasionally take fall damage during laggy conditions. For example, if at time "t0" I was on top of a hill and at time "t1" I am in a different location and 50 feet lower than at time "t0", the game appears to make a calculation based on how much my vertical coordinate changed during the time elapsed between t0 and t1, *not how it changed*. In other words, my perception of events was that at time "t0" I was on a hill top and at time "t1" I was someplace else, 50 feet lower, but I simply ran there without falling off a cliff; the server, however, because of lag (I'm guessing) thinks that I must have fallen, and so slaps me with some bogus fall damage. So far, this has not been too serious, but it is one of those things that makes me go, "WTF?"

I have seen the second version you talk about. Its an odd one alright.

Something odd about Fall damage Ive also noted. Its more for the same fall based on a higher level.

I base this on the instances in the TRADE room in Stores. Id check the upper levels and then just jump off the railing to get to the floor. The lower lvl I was the less Damage I would take.