Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: R.I.P. Traders

Quote Originally Posted by police View Post
    someone edited my text to mean something completely different,so if that peep is reading your post maybe he will answer to you and you can chat with him.

Some people play chess and some people will play chess after 1000 years passed with same original rules.
    some people played ao now they play wowclone ao.
    Chess and AO more in common than you think my friend My self i love Chess never get bored
    of it. Same with AO i never get bored in AO. However, AO is a Role Player Game with a character that have stats and gear. A knight in Chess always move in the same order and its role never change nor gear. A night have the same "tool-set" with him at all times.

Chess is made up with strategy, art, physiology and creativity. Its Static

Inn AO your "movement" depends on what you gain, it scales, things that
    was in 2001 (Traders wasn't that powerful back then) are now a different "move".

Therefor the designers need to be on the edge to adjust the "balance" of the intended "move".
    Yet there role will always be the same, Funcom have not changed there role.

Matter of fact i think all the balance i been reading about for the upcoming change are of the best choice. They will give the game more fun and give every class there chance to play there role as intended. At current state a few classes can remove another class ability you play there role totally, like shades can stunlock a doc putting there tool-set totally out. (Shade stun removal balance) Trader spam debuffs because its the easiest way to win,
    to put another profession out of business. Its ok to have this power, but the game should not
    be based on it. I guess you cud say we have CC and AC (ability control) mechanics..

It seems that in our society that doing things the shortest and easiest way (lazy), is the best way. I am glade things will change in AO, its like when i program Regular expression validation codes :P

thx for your post police, i think you put out some great valid points. Btw i think they edit your post because you used bad language

My original post was:these people who made this unbalance what is reality now,these same people are now trying to fix it and this traderfix doesnt look promising at all.
    Using heavy word like balance is a lie in this matter.

Good points in your post i play football i love chess too i play dungeon master,solitaire and many games but what they have in common,every time i begin to play those i know exactly what im going to play like i used to know in here but thats not the case anymore.

My original post was:these people who made this unbalance what is reality now,these same people are now trying to fix it and this traderfix doesnt look promising at all.
    Using heavy word like balance is a lie in this matter.

Good points in your post i play football i love chess too i play dungeon master,solitaire and many games but what they have in common,every time i begin to play those i know exactly what im going to play like i used to know in here but thats not the case anymore.
    Constant change and rebalancing is a reality in pretty much every MMO. If you can't deal with it, well, that's your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by drainbamage View Post
    Constant change and rebalancing is a reality in pretty much every MMO. If you can't deal with it, well, that's your problem.
    Actually it's eventually going to be the game developers problem. Because when the changes are this huge as is happening with AO currently, it might just happen that so many people can't deal with it that there won't be much people in game after the changes. Ofc i guess right after the patch there will be lots of people trying it out for a month, but after that there might not be anyone left.

I know that i don't like the fact that i have to completely start all over again with most of my toons in terms of learning the trips and tricks again, as pretty much everything in the playstyle seems to change. (Well it seems i still might have some fun with my shade though, but i dont see myself logging my doc, crat, engi or trader much after these changes).

Will i be able to deal with it? Too early to say. It also depends a lot on some of the upcoming MMO's i'm going to try. Since if I have to learn the ropes all over again in AO, i might just move on to some new game.
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

First of , you don´t need to learn new ropes all over again, all you need is to adapt
    like drainbamange said here. If you cant adept, stay away from any mmo period..

I played every profession in this game to endgame level, and because of that i might see things
    different than others. Just because some thing change doesn't mean its going to be like that
    for ever. If they feel that the nurf was to big, they migh add or adjust thing up later.
    Do you really want to play a game that never change, that basically is dead?

And when it comes to the new mmorpg that comes out, Rift, Tera, Guildwars2. All same engine from Nsoft (crap). they just lunch a bunch of graphics with a good engine they dident
    even design them self to urn money on 1 time sell. Thes mmoprg is going to be just like
    Aion (over in 1 month ) they wont added new content or giving out expansions just eat your money till you move along to another game.

If you ask me there are really few good mmorpgs, it takes more than just great graphics to make one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonax View Post
    First of , you don´t need to learn new ropes all over again, all you need is to adapt
    like drainbamange said here. If you cant adept, stay away from any mmo period..
    That's your opinion, and mine differs from it.

Do you really want to play a game that never change, that basically is dead?
    Change is good. Changing EVERYTHING at the same time is not.

And when it comes to the new mmorpg that comes out, Rift, Tera, Guildwars2. All same engine from Nsoft (crap). they just lunch a bunch of graphics with a good engine they dident
    even design them self to urn money on 1 time sell. Thes mmoprg is going to be just like
    Aion (over in 1 month ) they wont added new content or giving out expansions just eat your money till you move along to another game.

If you ask me there are really few good mmorpgs, it takes more than just great graphics to make one.
    I'm actually waiting for SW:TOR the most. Not interested in any of the upcoming WoW clones...

Edit: And no, i don't really even consider graphics to be an argument when i'm choosing what game to play. I still play some ASCII games like ADOM at some times. Imagination is always better than computer graphics.
    Last edited by Aeliniyah; Jan 28th, 2011 at 16:15:14.
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

I respect your opinion Aeliniyah Allot of changes at ones can be overwhelming.

Different people see different things, for me this will be exciting times..for others a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by drainbamage View Post
    lets think this way then,rebalancing is good and constant change is good.

the biggest of them all is WoW,they have been balancing their game from the day one and same stuff after many years is still going on,only need to visit their website and forums and its easy to find out,how people whine and how blizzard is telling how things will be balanced in next patch,they have zillions of money and even they cant balance their simple program.
    now few guys in here are going to balance this game in here which is alot more complicated game.

you wrote the magic words "rebalancing is a reality in pretty much every MMO"
    this wasnt every MMO ,this was AO.

if i go back in time where were no LE perks and all these items what you can get now without any effort,back then this game was *balanced* enough,mostly because it was programmed to work that way.

but these guys touched something what was away too much for them to handle,its true,seriously.
    trying to fix mistake with another mistake doesnt lead to anything good,it is a change ofcourse ,but a good one? i dont think so.

Expansions are not meant to balance anything, they're supposed to bring new content and new shinies - which they did, and necessarily so. I'm pretty sure more people leave out of boredom because there's never anything new than because this prof is OP or that prof is lame (how else d oyou explain FotM rolls, people exploit the imbalance). More importantly, few new players would try out AO if nothing ever changed.

So, assuming that some imbalance is hard to avoid if you want to introduce new shinies once in a while, what alternative do you see to this balancing act (no pun intended)? Obviously, small steps won't cut it, what they're trying to establish here is a new system that can bear future changes better. Once that's done, small adjustments should be easier to make.

That's the plan as it has been explained. I think it's a good one and will continue to think so until and if actual experience with the actual changes in place for all profs shows it's not working.

Oh and btw, the same people doing the balancing now did not implement all previous changes that brought imbalance; plus they have learned from the mistakes of others and their own.

Anyway, eulogies for any one prof are premature.

Did you really just compare other MMOs to AO, and complain that other MMOs don't change?

I lol'd
    Brofist 220/30/70 Engineer
    Techbro 220/30/70 Nano-Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Aeliniyah View Post
    Actually it's eventually going to be the game developers problem. Because when the changes are this huge as is happening with AO currently, it might just happen that so many people can't deal with it that there won't be much people in game after the changes. Ofc i guess right after the patch there will be lots of people trying it out for a month, but after that there might not be anyone left.
    WoW goes through changes that are just as major with every expansion. And yet the population is massive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeliniyah View Post
    Change is good. Changing EVERYTHING at the same time is not.
    Sometimes minor, gradual changes aren't enough. Sometimes the whole thing needs to be stripped down and rebuilt.
    lets think this way then,rebalancing is good and constant change is good.

the biggest of them all is WoW,they have been balancing their game from the day one and same stuff after many years is still going on,only need to visit their website and forums and its easy to find out,how people whine and how blizzard is telling how things will be balanced in next patch,they have zillions of money and even they cant balance their simple program.
    now few guys in here are going to balance this game in here which is alot more complicated game.
    Your problem is you think that balance is a goal that is reached and then things stay there forever. Balance is a constant process. It's like an eternal game of whack-a-mole.
    you wrote the magic words "rebalancing is a reality in pretty much every MMO"
    this wasnt every MMO ,this was AO.
    I hate to break it to you but AO isn't special. It's a standard oldschool MMO with a sci-fi setting and a somewhat unique skill system.
    if i go back in time where were no LE perks and all these items what you can get now without any effort,back then this game was *balanced* enough,mostly because it was programmed to work that way.
    If you go back in time I think your rose-tinted glasses will shatter.

Is the a shop were I can get my trox a thong to match a pair of rose tinted glasses?
    Maybe as a package deal, cuz I think I want them..

Would make for a good icebreaker at parties xD
    I touched Death in a bad place.

My corporate slavery came with a shiny decoder ring.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345