Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526272829

Thread: Quickie Explanation of New Trader NanoSheet (Summary Open to Criticism)

Another interesting option with drains, and one that I haven't had the opportunity to crunch the numbers on just yet so not sure of the validity of it, would be to have both the debuff and the buff portion of the drains be percentage based. Meaning that even if you are able to cast the top drains at level 20 you would get more benefit from it at level 220 since both you and your target would be more effected with a higher base skill. Again like I've said I've not crunched the numbers so no clue how this would actually pan out in a real life scenario but its at least something to bounce around.
    Malcom Ciafardoni
    Circle-G Inc. - The Past. The Present. Your Future.

I'm not a gimp, I'm a trade skill Trader.

imo i think this needs to be pushed: traders are the only prof that has been insanely overpowered since day 1 across all lvl ranges and setups, and in all forms of play. i think something needs to be done even if it's minor/temporary to balance at least the drains on an immediate basis.
    ""Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" --- Confucius""

too many alts to list, inquire for info. specialties: froobs, fixer, MA, advy, trader/NT

Quote Originally Posted by rayje View Post
    imo i think this needs to be pushed: traders are the only prof that has been insanely overpowered since day 1 across all lvl ranges and setups, and in all forms of play. i think something needs to be done even if it's minor/temporary to balance at least the drains on an immediate basis.
    I don't agree with the across "all level ranges and setups and in all forms of play"

220 Traders do NOT drain people into -AR... can lower ones? Yes..
    Is that a problem? Of course

The problem I think people see with Traders is that you have to realize.. we are a profession built on making YOU weak... yes.. if we are so given the chance.. you become a "cracked shell".. even "the most formidable opponents" fall to this power. Traders never have been, and in my opinion.. never should be the profession that hits a button and /lols as either all of your perks miss or your alpha gets dropped into cocoon.. Traders, when confronted.. must usually be on top of their game in order to handle the situation...

When considering traders do lack this "overall" defense, either passively or simply spamming a perk/etc.. our powers lie within making YOU weak. Now this draws up another problem.. An adventurer, crat, fixer, other evade profs are able to (for the most part) evade ALL incoming damage from NUMEROUS opponents (or have a chance to)...

A Trader on the other hand.. is able to only drain one opponent.. if the drains are made "too" weak, the trader becomes useless... This is why I believe some people get so upset when they've been turned into a "cracked shell of their former self" - A trader, 1 vs 1.. who focuses on YOU and drains YOU has got you "under their spell" - I don't think it's unfair to say you should be weak.. if you're able to still perk/hit/etc the trader.. The trader will plop.. It's a fine line, but that's the life of a Trader.

Bring more than 1 person verse the Trader? The trader typically is not able to easily counter both so fast.. if opponents consistently focus on a Trader.. I think they'll find they can die easier than previously thought..

At low levels.. yeah, it's a little ridiculous.. at higher - I'll be honest.. I don't buy the "overpowered" label.

Also, since when has a Trader been overpowered in other areas? I've never believed Traders were OP in the PvM world.. I don't see people "desiring" a Trader in their team ever.. unless it's a team of MA's hehe.
    "Ignorance is bliss."
    Phat'est Trader on Rimor
    Phat = Pretty Hot and Tempting.
    Entrepreneur Grandmaster "Chacapo" Baiter - Forever Nerfed
    Also known as 'Poir'
    Clanners will be crushed!
    Omni-Tek shall prevail!
    One of the First Traders on Rimor To Have Nanobot Defense and Grand Theft Humidity

right i get what you mean, that is of course why people aren't typically using traders for higher lvl purposes. i have a few trader twinks, so i know pretty well how they play, but even understanding how they function and the purpose of their nano lines i still think it's a bit OP with the "i win button" concept and a little annoying to not have much else to rely on.

personally if i could have my way pvp gas of any kind would wipe all OSBs as soon as it kicks in on you altogether, but i would at least like to see under tl5 pvp a little less stagnated from traders being the only viable proff pretty much.

as for pvm, i don't buy that they aren't OP since i have seen alot of other proffs try certain pvm encounters and fail, then watched a trader do it with relative ease (whole tool set plays a part here) and this has a bit to do with what sort of gear traders can buff/drain into with drains 4x their lvl that other proffs can't reach. but yeh, i was just trying to make the point that while i don't think the skill drains should be weaker, i think they should be different than they are now, and that something should be at least tested to help remedy the imbalance they cause (since they cause it on a large scale and variety of scenarios) temporarily untill the full rebal hits (since that may be a while).
    Last edited by rayje-defunct; Dec 13th, 2011 at 17:38:30. Reason: type-os/spelling
    ""Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" --- Confucius""

too many alts to list, inquire for info. specialties: froobs, fixer, MA, advy, trader/NT

from my little experience you have to twink the trader a lot more to do decently than most other professions that I have played.

personally if i could have my way pvp gas of any kind would wipe all OSBs as soon as it kicks in on you altogether, but i would at least like to see under tl5 pvp a little less stagnated from traders being the only viable proff pretty much.
    to elaborate on that: with that effect, you wouldnt have to deal with drains ruining pvp at lower lvls, since then they wouldnt have drains running that are augmented with mochs+laddering of drains, and they would be used as intended. again though i think that would balance alot about lowbie pvp, since then a twink wouldnt be defined by how much ncu they could twink into or who has access to the best buffs (defining the winner of battles) but rather (traders in particular) would be forced to twink based on their actual casting skills instead, and drains they could ladder into would be performing as they meant to and not crippling people totally... i would love to see trader combat involve more than "do my drains land before i get killed" but im not sure the drains themselves should be removed/changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowena View Post
    from my little experience you have to twink the trader a lot more to do decently than most other professions that I have played.
    well from mine it seems that is usually based on what lvl range they are in since they are lacking equal power in the toolset at certain lvls.
    i have twinked a trader at: 14, 21, 56/60, 75 (all froob) but for the most part they have been like hitting the easy button in pvp except against extremely well made enfo twinks, but i noticed around 40-70 they seem to fall a bit, and dont pick up untill wherever you can cast nanites from, then (from what ive seen) are good untill mid tl5 and then fall again.

as for pvm, i don't buy that they aren't OP since i have seen alot of other proffs try certain pvm encounters and fail, then watched a trader do it with relative ease (whole tool set plays a part here) and this has a bit to do with what sort of gear traders can buff/drain into with drains 4x their lvl that other proffs can't reach. but yeh, i was just trying to make the point that while i don't think the skill drains should be weaker, i think they should be different than they are now, and that something should be at least tested to help remedy the imbalance they cause (since they cause it on a large scale and variety of scenarios) temporarily untill the full rebal hits (since that may be a while).
    related to the above comment: this also comes from personal experience, on my 56/60 trader i hardly twinked harder than most twinks in that range and pvm encounters were cake if my drains were up. if not, i was as squishy as anyone else but once i landed both drain lines my weapon and a few pieces of armor went to 100% which made me alot more sturdy. i recall cleaning up fights where the rest of my team had gotten wiped and i was surviving strictly because of the fact that i was self laddering drains into ones roughly about 20 lvls higher than that of my toon.

Are the Trader Profs still around?

And if so, is any of this even remotely correct on the Beta Server?
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Let's hope none of that rubbish has made it this far. Traders are already a POS outside pvp, no need to make things even worse.
    Why play melee when crat pets can do your job?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldebeast View Post
    Simple, why the melee hate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Melee people/pets are needed...

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526272829