Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: MassivelyTV: Anarchy Online Edition!

lol..i kept wanting to zoom out, and open the map for him... and give the guy GSF!

awesome
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Maybe its about time the skills get a major overhaul. Only suggestion I have is giving every profession primary and secondary skills, where the secondary ones would include swimming map nav etc etc and non combat tradeskills, which you should be able to rest every 48 hours like perks and put em how ever you like it.

My bits, very nice video and commercial for AO from Massive.com, when you think about what a dev team with dubble the people there is now, could have made of this game the last 5 years, good or bad, it still makes me shudder to think, what it would be like to enter AO for the first time right now with no foreknowledge, I must admit, I would probably quit almost immidiatly simply cause of the complexity and lack of help from the interface etc.

Nm its an elitist game for now, lets see where we are in two years, new engine much?

Cheers,
    "Death is as big a part of life, as life it self".
    First wizard, Sword of Truth.

Macdk TL7 Equip
    Baraccus TL7
    Equip
    Raugmoss TL7
    Equip
    Maczilla TL5
    Equip
    Maczol TL4
    Equip

Quote Originally Posted by MrMacdk View Post
    Maybe its about time the skills get a major overhaul. Only suggestion I have is giving every profession primary and secondary skills, where the secondary ones would include swimming map nav etc etc and non combat tradeskills, which you should be able to rest every 48 hours like perks and put em how ever you like it.

My bits, very nice video and commercial for AO from Massive.com, when you think about what a dev team with dubble the people there is now, could have made of this game the last 5 years, good or bad, it still makes me shudder to think, what it would be like to enter AO for the first time right now with no foreknowledge, I must admit, I would probably quit almost immidiatly simply cause of the complexity and lack of help from the interface etc.

Nm its an elitist game for now, lets see where we are in two years, new engine much?

Cheers,
    The new engine is taking this long to make and you're looking for a skill system overhaul?

Might as well just make a new game
    Kacey "Regidoc" Stych
    Former President of Valor Eternal and joined it's ranks again!
    {doc setup} {enforcer setup}
    {doc perks} {enforcer perks}
    Alts:Chiana "Infinitenull" Natsume, Rien "Daeminess" Shaina, Little "Miissy" Smith, Preytorian
    Your type is: SEA. 11% of respondents so far fall into that type. Socializer 73% Explorer 66% Achiever 46% Killer 13%
    System Message: Offline message from Means on Sat 17 Nov 2007 19:48 GMT: Means: This lag is really bad...

hehe, suppose your right, lets just go with that
    "Death is as big a part of life, as life it self".
    First wizard, Sword of Truth.

Macdk TL7 Equip
    Baraccus TL7
    Equip
    Raugmoss TL7
    Equip
    Maczilla TL5
    Equip
    Maczol TL4
    Equip

when i joined ao (almost 6 years ago) it was like this for me,i started with no knowledge,made an engi(fex ^^) and killed some mobs...was boring and i left the game. if i hadn't had a friend who showed me the basics i wouldn't have started the game ever again

it's too complex to be an instant start game where you can achieve anything if you don't have a clue about what you are doing(wow anyone? run to every guy with an exclemation mark above the head,do what he wants,use the basic skills,get better)
    there really has to be done something about the introduction to ao...maybe a short intro trailer showing new players how to do what,explain the skillsystem(i mean explain,not show them how to skill with one button cause at lvl 20 you won't know anything real about the game)

my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by streppelchen View Post
    my 2 cents
    Ya, the startup experience is wayyy more important than the engine at this point imo. I hope its getting the right amount of attention. I think a single player introduction to the game would be best, with a proper step by step on how your skills work and stuff, then unleash teh newbs into a newbie social zone before they make their way to RK.

I remember when I first joined not having a clue and quitting for a while
    I still dont have a clue..
    Colawren - Gimpest stripped adventurer on RK1.
    Reroll Enthusiast.
    The alts: Colawrenn, Iriotz, Empea

Proud member of Forsaken and Unity of the Rose.

It's not like the ones who's working on the engine, are working on the startup experience too A team of developpers do manage to do multiple things at the same time.

As for how the newbie startup experience is now.. It's similar to tossing the equation which describes the size of the universe into the face of a 8 year old, expecting them to solve it. (IIRC, the brightest minds on earth have not succeeded at solving this equation yet.)
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Guys... are you silly? You can't post in this subforum on a friday afternoon before Means has posted. A huge amount of forum readers have a heart attack because of this now.

Maaan... are you silly? You can't post in this subforum on a friday afternoon before Means has posted. A huge amount of forum readers have a heart attack because of this now.

oops ... ^^

Shadow Atlantians

= Tikra :: 220 Advy (Inf Hater) | Inevitable :: 220 Crat (Hunting stuffz) | Gotnobuffs :: 210 MP (TS Totem) | Atlantiana :: 200 Solja (Clueless Blondie) =
    = Unabletonuke :: 160 NT (Kitehill Victim) | Aliumeater :: 150 MA (S10 Citizen) | Canhazcalms :: 100 Froob Crat (Foremans Slave) | Canhazbaffs :: 163 Froob Agent (Buffbox) =

PVM all the way

Quote Originally Posted by Regarok View Post
    Guys... are you silly? You can't post in this subforum on a friday afternoon before Means has posted. A huge amount of forum raiders have a heart attack because of this now.
    How I read it.

Send in the troll brigade!

Quote Originally Posted by Regarok View Post
    Guys... are you silly? You can't post in this subforum on a friday afternoon before Means has posted. A huge amount of forum readers have a heart attack because of this now.
    Guys, they are on a completely different timzone.. this whole thing will get serverly delayed compared to previously posts... take a beer, calm down and get back when one of them are online.

/cheers
    Niles73 220/30/70/s/p/(-and (preLE/Alba/DB)Guide) - Trox way => can't make life? Take life!
    Phoeniles 200/30/60 - reborn ranged opi adv!
    Nilose 220/30/68 /s - plays for team alt gear farm
    Nilbit 220/30/70 /s - parked gimptast
    Nilo 220/27/68 /solo pvm/pvp - parked DD

Duke Nukem Forever is out.. now what?

Quote Originally Posted by Niles View Post
    ... take a beer

/cheers
    mmmmh.. beeeeer... aaaah....

/cheers!

Shadow Atlantians

= Tikra :: 220 Advy (Inf Hater) | Inevitable :: 220 Crat (Hunting stuffz) | Gotnobuffs :: 210 MP (TS Totem) | Atlantiana :: 200 Solja (Clueless Blondie) =
    = Unabletonuke :: 160 NT (Kitehill Victim) | Aliumeater :: 150 MA (S10 Citizen) | Canhazcalms :: 100 Froob Crat (Foremans Slave) | Canhazbaffs :: 163 Froob Agent (Buffbox) =

PVM all the way

hmmm Gimme beer!!!
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

oh... the magic word... Should I? Why think about it. In dubio pro beer!

/cheers

So they move to better camping time? More contesting now?
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Niles View Post
    Guys, they are on a completely different timzone.. this whole thing will get serverly delayed compared to previously posts...
    Previous FwMs were posted around 11 AM EST. That puts it right in the middle of their new work day.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    Previous FwMs were posted around 11 AM EST. That puts it right in the middle of their new work day.
    About 17:00 EET, which is 16:00 CET and 15:00 GMT. So in Norway at end of normal 8-16:00 workday I belive.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    About 17:00 EET, which is 16:00 CET and 15:00 GMT. So in Norway at end of normal 8-16:00 workday I belive.
    WAIT! In Norway you work only till 4pm? I envy then >.>
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    WAIT! In Norway you work only till 4pm? I envy then >.>
    Atleast in Finland I suppouse normal workday for white-collar jobs is 8h...

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    Maybe we should smack Dagget for letting him IP swimming... (Swimming???)
    I guess that depends...does he plan on doing Hecklers in Ado?
    Seek Peace and you shall find me. Seek War, and there you will find me also. I hold the Light of Love in the darkness of the Abyss and e'er that star shall shine forth and give hope and comfort. Enemies of the Light and Freedom of Spirit, beware, for my blades fall fast and cut deep.

NEUTRAL 4 EVER!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast