Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: MassivelyTV: Anarchy Online Edition!

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Not really sure how you disappear on planetmap when zoning out of OA O.o

Also, isn't Wartorn Valley and such part of the starter map package everyone gets when doing quests on newbie island?
    I've never had the marker disappear on me, but low level missions around OA can be bugged and show up inside OA when really they're outside. Maybe that's what he means by "mission not in area"?

the map that said map not available is an upgrade that you need to buy in the advanced shop.

and you need to make sure that you have points in map nav to meet the maps requirements.
    Rongue - 82 Clan Keeper

Quote Originally Posted by BeauHindman View Post
    For example, I took a mission right outside of Old Athens (called just "Athens" on the Woom-Pahs?)
    Old Athen is just "Athen" on the whompahs because there is no whompah service to West Athen, making it the only Athen you can get to via that mode of travel.

Now, the confusion comes in because in the grid OA is labeled as "Old Athen" while WA is labeled merely as "Athen".
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    Old Athen is just "Athen" on the whompahs because there is no whompah service to West Athen, making it the only Athen you can get to via that mode of travel.

Now, the confusion comes in because in the grid OA is labeled as "Old Athen" while WA is labeled merely as "Athen".
    That's an amusing aspect I never considered. Since [as I'm sure you know] the grid point in OA is rather new. So you kinda knew back then that, in the grid, you'd end up in WA, while via whompah, you'd end up in OA.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    He is neutral, he had gotten, at best, the neutral starter maps but no clan starter maps.
    Ohhhh.. that explains it then.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by dustbunny View Post
    I've never had the marker disappear on me, but low level missions around OA can be bugged and show up inside OA when really they're outside. Maybe that's what he means by "mission not in area"?
    That's quite possible.

The same happens at the Omni-1 vs. "Omni Forest" (?, the area right East of it) zone border, where the "city" and the "outside" zones are overlapped in an odd way that there is a border area which is somehow part of both zones at the same time on the PF map, but only accessible from the actual "city" zone.

And sometimes you get a mission into that "twilight zone", which is actually inaccessible. When you are in the outside zone, you'll see the mission marker somewhere deep in the city on the PF map, but you can't get to it since it appears to be within the city walls. So you zone in, only to see the mission marker disappear from the spot which you now could go to since it's indeed inside the city, but the mission is actually at its outside "twin" located in the inaccessible part of the outside zone.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Hmmm... character disappearing from planet-map and no button to focus on character seems weird. Being inside a building might be an explanation though .
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

Quote Originally Posted by Edta View Post
    Hmmm... character disappearing from planet-map and no button to focus on character seems weird. Being inside a building might be an explanation though .
    Yea, if you're inside you're not shown on the Planetmap. I guess that it could handle an update that freezes the planetmap to where you were last when you left it
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Isn't it amazing how much we take for granted being around for so long and how someone new to the game can find something so confusing?
    Kacey "Regidoc" Stych
    Former President of Valor Eternal and joined it's ranks again!
    {doc setup} {enforcer setup}
    {doc perks} {enforcer perks}
    Alts:Chiana "Infinitenull" Natsume, Rien "Daeminess" Shaina, Little "Miissy" Smith, Preytorian
    Your type is: SEA. 11% of respondents so far fall into that type. Socializer 73% Explorer 66% Achiever 46% Killer 13%
    System Message: Offline message from Means on Sat 17 Nov 2007 19:48 GMT: Means: This lag is really bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Regidoc View Post
    Isn't it amazing how much we take for granted being around for so long and how someone new to the game can find something so confusing?
    And how we find so simple like "Oh, just buy the maps in advanced store"
    But nowhere in the game says you need this to visit new areas propelly
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Regidoc View Post
    9ish years makes you forget a lot of things :| I just recall finding these things out without much of any trouble. Played with 3 other RL friends at the time, and while 3 of us were totally noob the first while, the last one became the first Soldier Professional.
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    There are floating boxes with question marks on the old backyards. I don't think they actually float over anyone's head, though, i haven't looked recently.
    They are in the holo-world.. meaning not a real place, but a hologram
    hence 100% fitting the mood, a virtual help-system, so only floating boxes for a limited part of the game.
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

They're only "holo-world" in Omni cities. Clan and Neutral backyards are "real" places.
    Tools: AOCrafter | AOcrayon | GUISelect | WebCrafter

- Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

Well, the 'classic' backyards all have visible 'training wheels' on them.
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

And here's Beau's full AO article:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/01...narchy-online/
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    That's an amusing aspect I never considered. Since [as I'm sure you know] the grid point in OA is rather new. So you kinda knew back then that, in the grid, you'd end up in WA, while via whompah, you'd end up in OA.
    Wait a minute...

Thank you for clarifying, but to call the Old Athen grid point "rather new"? The OA revamp was done in what.... 2005?

Over five years ago is not "rather new". In the MMO world, that's long enough to receive free coffee and a senior citizen's discount at your local restaurants.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    Over five years ago is not "rather new". In the MMO world, that's long enough to receive free coffee and a senior citizen's discount at your local restaurants.
    Considering AO is twice that age, are server sync issues the game dropping a load in its adult diaper?
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    Considering AO is twice that age, are server sync issues the game dropping a load in its adult diaper?
    Nah...

server sync issues are the equivalent of hemorrhoids....

A severe P.I.T.A.
    Last edited by Tazalanche; Jan 24th, 2011 at 03:51:11.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™

Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    Rather new? They've been around as long as I can remember. Which is quite some time before the OA revamp.

25-11-2002 - Patch 14.7

It's been eight years now - "rather new" my ass.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Ahh yes. Thanks for that link. I thought they were there when I started playing in December 2004, but knew they were definitely there after the OA revamp in 2005.

20 November 2002 - Patch 14.7.1 : World changes
    Quote Originally Posted by Cz
    * Tir Grid terminal moved to outside the south gate of Tir, and Omni-1 Trade Grid terminal moved to the north side of the playfield. New grid terminals placed in Old Athen and Borealis.
    * The bank terminal near the middle of Omni-1 Trade has been removed.
    * Due to more people joining in on the notum extraction, certain powerful individuals have lost some of their power, and have been tweaked somewhat.
    * Several items to get rid of enemy nano programs (e.g. root and snare) running in your NCU have been added.
    * Sentinels and Omni-AF armour is now available.
    * A merchant has set up a trade in special melee weapons. He's no city dweller, so you might have to look around for him.
    * The new tower and vehicle shops are now operational, but you need the booster pack to be able to trade with them.
    * Nano crystal (Edge of the Buccaneer) is now available in Enforcer nano program shops.
    * The Nano Programming buffs for Nano Technicians are now available, as outdoor camp boss loot.
    * HSR Hedgehog 23 Throwing Grenades are now available in Advanced and Superior shops.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast