Page 1 of 11 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: NT's post rebalance.

NT's post rebalance.

So by now we now what some changes will be. What are people thinking about it mainly?

I for one recently recreated my NT, had to change breed and sex , too i am sure looking forward to playing this toon after rebalance. Seems like we will have more to do to begin with and that this god damn one button smashing will come to a end.

Listening to what friends and people in the org talk about regarding their rebalance is mainly how they will be nerfed or their class is not going to be the same anymore. Is this is something people here experience aswell?

Actually i believe these changes will force me to change main, NT's looks hot imho.

Might just be a blathering topic but why not?

Looking forward to reading the changes. Multi-tasking is something we have asked for since.... like forever. Looking forward to not be using the same 3 buttons all the time.

Other breeds then NM looks doomed for the NT professions though, which i really don't like as the nm models are fugly, Fugly, FUGLY!!!. Cost cap alone will kill them off if we get slapped with the same nanocost increase we've seen so far for other professions. Same with drain from shelter/guard. More drain will hurt severely and cripple both offense and defense that much faster.

Wonder what will happen to our useless procs (which requires us to get HIT to activate) now that we will get an auto-attack option?
    Delerium(220/30/70), Locklear(220/30/70), Piggybank(60/6/14).

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"

Richard Dawkins: We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.
    Deng: Every time I see Del I just start to quiver.

People are crying about the nerfing, but it's really sorely needed for any fun to get reinstated in highend combat.

It seems that NT changes will stray some from the stuff we posted about previously, but things will definitely be more active and damage will be more even across levels.
    One of the major things that's been going on in rebalance is the move to let more professions act in several roles. Where previously something was only supported partially, like doc nukes, now more than one doc in a team will not be complete redundancy as the one who isn't healing can deal lots of damage.
    NTs were mentioned as heavy damage dealers and the possibility of an off-tank surfaced as well, so we might finally see the tank-mage I for one would welcome such possibilities.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    It seems that NT changes will stray some from the stuff we posted about previously, but things will definitely be more active and damage will be more even across levels.
    Care to elaborate slightly while not at the same time setting yourself up in the NDA-crosshair ?

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"

Richard Dawkins: We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.

Well the "nanoweaving" thing is deemed too elaborate and will be changed into a simpler system of dmg+effects that you choose from based on the damage you're dealing.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Well the "nanoweaving" thing is deemed too elaborate and will be changed into a simpler system of dmg+effects that you choose from based on the damage you're dealing.
    so will we finally get a nano to change damage-type?

No, but much better support for different damage types. Also some talk about scaling dmg based on MC.
    The Red Brotherhood

I do hope NBG and IW combo will be nerfed as well.

People are crying about the nerfing, but it's really sorely needed for any fun to get reinstated in highend combat.

One of the major things that's been going on in rebalance is the move to let more professions act in several roles. Where previously something was only supported partially, like doc nukes, now more than one doc in a team will not be complete redundancy as the one who isn't healing can deal lots of damage.
    NTs were mentioned as heavy damage dealers and the possibility of an off-tank surfaced as well, so we might finally see the tank-mage I for one would welcome such possibilities.
    I agree for most things but even now, a NT's defense and offense abilities are on their own too grand. I also don't want to hear the classic, "Well Advs blah, blah, blah!" Yeah, we know they are just as OP in their own ways, it doesn't negate the fact that NT's were in need of some much needed nerfing since they got their love back when LE came out. But in the mean time, let's just hope that the re-balancing comes out this decade.
    I am ShadowMercs.

Aye, i do not see the changes for some professions like Soldier / Enforcer as nerfing them to oblivion, it is needed to make encounters fun again.

I just hope they will make some of the endgame encounters harder aswell, as it is now.. Well to be honest it is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Techination View Post
    I agree for most things but even now, a NT's defense and offense abilities are on their own too grand. I also don't want to hear the classic, "Well Advs blah, blah, blah!" Yeah, we know they are just as OP in their own ways, it doesn't negate the fact that NT's were in need of some much needed nerfing since they got their love back when LE came out. But in the mean time, let's just hope that the re-balancing comes out this decade.
    uh LE doesn't do a thing for me. not all of us use le nukes, k.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

that's disappointing to hear. and why would i care about using different dmg types all the sudden, this isn't 02' where you actually find people with AC holes. other than blowing up absorbs, i don't see the need for more than 2 types in pvp, and in pvm that just tells me that I'll be slightly better dmg. where'd the fun go? I could have this all wrong, but you're losing my confidence just when i thought you guys had a plan.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

If all the cool changes like nanoweaving, something with different kinds of engineers, nanodeck-like options for others then NT etc, are being cancelled it takes away a lot of the shine of the rebalancing. Rebalancing might still be needed, but it sure makes me lose my enthusiasm for it.

I bet Masta said too much and it's probably not a good idea to say what we don't get without clearly stating what we do get. Am I correct that we get more nukes like crown of frost, with several effects?

I understand better why they don't say anything about how agents will work. Would be a bummer if that's another cool thing they have to cancel because of lack of skill/time/... . The less we know the less it hurts I guess :P.
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

For me the thing i am hoping for the most is that we will be needed and wanted in endgame PvM encounters. I hope they become so hard that every single thing require two teams to work and that the NT with its nano regen will be wanted. On top of this the nanoweawing, just to make the game more interresting.

Quote Originally Posted by RedWatr View Post
    that's disappointing to hear. and why would i care about using different dmg types all the sudden, this isn't 02' where you actually find people with AC holes. other than blowing up absorbs, i don't see the need for more than 2 types in pvp, and in pvm that just tells me that I'll be slightly better dmg. where'd the fun go? I could have this all wrong, but you're losing my confidence just when i thought you guys had a plan.
    Having every damage type available with each having different effects attached to it seems pretty neat. "you guys" wouldn't really relate to anyone but the devs, and what they deem too elaborate is not for us change, even if it did sound awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Edta View Post
    If all the cool changes like nanoweaving, something with different kinds of engineers, nanodeck-like options for others then NT etc, are being cancelled it takes away a lot of the shine of the rebalancing. Rebalancing might still be needed, but it sure makes me lose my enthusiasm for it.

I bet Masta said too much and it's probably not a good idea to say what we don't get without clearly stating what we do get. Am I correct that we get more nukes like crown of frost, with several effects?
    Rebalancing is for all professions and the current NT state is pretty boring and rather screwed up at lower levels.

I don't know what we will get. I know we'll get high damage, as that's where we were, and where we should be be. You are as far as I know correct in expecting more effecs like Crown of Frost.
    The Red Brotherhood

Nukes with attached debuffs, and hopefully different ones being best for different situations, seems like an interesting concept. Looking forward to seeing where they take it.
    Hlep gnak!

Also some talk about scaling dmg based on MC.
    Would love to see that...finally some reasom to have high mc in pvm

And i do hope the auto-attack is still in, not being able to ever talk in team/raid chat without loosing all damage dealt....not fun
    Quote Originally Posted by Jekonam View Post
    MA's role is basically wannabe DD whore outdamaged by many professions.
    Tedomari 220 ma Equip
    Nted 220 NT gimp
    Tedomary 150 s10 ma Equip

Quote Originally Posted by sscorpy View Post
    Would love to see that...finally some reasom to have high mc in pvm

And i do hope the auto-attack is still in, not being able to ever talk in team/raid chat without loosing all damage dealt....not fun
    Some of us perfected the "3second sentence" but yea with more stuff to cast it's going to be even harder to talk and we might get pushed further toward voicechat, which I kinda dislike :|
    The Red Brotherhood

Disclaimer : this is NOT a whine, and it is even less an offence to our Professionals (short maybe of the now patented Mastapegoat™ label elements)

Without a document to blast, I still find two things weird in this.

1) Nanoweaving being too elaborate puzzles me. They seemingly managed to code different damage template to a doc nano according to which DoT or combination of DoTs is running on the target. I could understand if they had made nanoweaving more simple than their original idea, to be able to re-use some or all parts of the code, but to abandon it altogether is disappointing, nanoweaving being something we were pretty enthusiastic about when it was described to us. I hope it will eventually make it ingame under a simplified form.

2) I don't have anything againts the idea of different damage-typed nukes with different attached effects, but if Cyberdeck doesn't change, we will be back to relying on different damage types (aka coon love) while our perks will be stuck to radiation damage.

Crats : Prolly Projectile perks and weapon + Projectile nuke *3, Energy nuke *1, Poison nuke *1
    Docs : Prolly Projectile perks and weapon + Poison nukes and DoTs *6
    NTs : Radiation perks + 1 nuke of each type (so *8, DoTs might or might not change)?

Bit weird, at least for the theory. I will hold my judgment til our nano sheet is released.
    Btw, Kintaii mentioned that three docs, ours included, were under work some time ago. Doc's is now out, Traders' was supposed to be, so I will expect it for this week. So, NTs' doc under 30 days from now?
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

Yea, we'll be sure to debate this properly after we see the actual document.
    The Red Brotherhood

Page 1 of 11 1234567891011 LastLast