Thread: Items that can't be traded from container (yet)

Angry Items that can't be traded from container (yet)

I frequently get this message when attempting to sell items at trade terminals. It's not a major bug, because all that needs doing is to move the item to the main inventory window.

Nonetheless, it's there, it shows lack of polish, and it should be fixed.

Most of the time those items are from item pickup missions that give that message.

Well that is when i get those messages

Nah, happens with regular loot too...

Some of the items include Support Beams, SOL Fire Executioners, implants with the new graphics, and more... there are far too many for me to remember... the key thing the items seem to have in common is when they were introduced in the game. I.e., some of the recently introduced items can't be traded from container (yet).

This doesn't just happen at trade terminals either... it also happens when trying to place items in the Trade Window with other players.

Originally posted by LittleHorror
    Most of the time those items are from item pickup missions that give that message.

Well that is when i get those messages
    Yup, not sure I've seen that message any other time.

I have only gotten this message when trading from a pack to the trade window, I have never gotten it going straight from inventory to a trade window

~aqua

Arrow FYI

Old bug.

Pretty sure I remember seeing it appear when other people could no longer pick your stuff off the ground. ("you don't own this item")

It gets even weirder, its not even consistient with the same items. I have a coat that gives the message and another coat (slightly different ql, but both over 100) that doesn't. Go figure Pretty sure they're both primus.

Using different bags or locations inside bags doesn't change it. Seems to be linked to the item.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

I'm with the previous two posters that it depends on how the item originally got into any player's inventory. I've only seen it in the case of pickup items (even if the original pickerupper wasn't myself).

Items you pick up in missions are strange. Allways have been.

A long time ago, I got three backpacks from a chest. None of them could be used. But I could place them in other backpacks....

There is something strange about mission items.

I remember those backpacks, and had several missions with them. At the time, though, I liked them (even though they were definitely bugged), because I was so poor, and they sold for decent prices.

Originally posted by Skybert

A long time ago, I got three backpacks from a chest. None of them could be used. But I could place them in other backpacks....

Im the proud owner of a the 3 different bags/backpacks and 1 MA attacks book that cannot be open.

FindITems in missions, when I said finditem( Goto Mission xx and Find ProtoType Item yy for us), and the reward item seem to be the only ones still effected by the 'Cannot trade from bag yet' that Ive seen.

Im still curious about the 'This item requires a deck' when u try and equip Platform/Belts and Guns and a few others from inside a bag.

Heh, just read the rooted bug list...

and discovered that this bug and some of the other ones -- but not all!-- that I posted about been known to exist since at least March 21, 2002.

The fixes, they aren't too quick to show up, now are they?

Could be worse, this could be VERANT and you be a BARD complaining about a major Song line.

You: 'The Song doesnt work right at all'
    Verant: 'Working as intended'

Two months later...

You: 'Dang it Im telling you its not working'
    Verant: 'Working as intended'

Two months later....

Patch..'Weve Fixed a small problem with Bards Songs they should now be working as intended'

You: 'Great now they do something right'

EmergencyPatch..'Small Exploit in last patch dealing with Bard Songs, Sorry for the inconv.....'

You: 'They arent working again'
    Verant: ' (wind blows, crickets chirp, dogs howl) '

heheh heheh Anyone else remember this?

Some bugs are important, some are just annoyances, and so are absolutely funny. Gotta figure which one is more important and which ones you can just let go. Its functioning, not as intended, but works still.

Yes, Verant did a lot of things half-baked with EQ, but their Live Team seemed to pick up momentum around the time McQuaid left.

The thing I appreciated about Verant (at times) was their seeming willingness to listen to the community regarding bugs, gameplay mechanics, and the like.

At some point, there even appeared to our wondering eyes, a willingness on their part to admit mistakes and to make their game genuinely better and more enjoyable for the majority of the subscribers.

No, I'm not a VAK, and I don't like/play EQ (used to). And yes, there were/are still (many?) things not right with EQ...

What AO needs (among other things) is to have a dev team motivated to "do their game right". I am seriously getting the impression that everything posted in this forum is falling on deaf ears, because frankly, I think that the developers know damn good and well what the bugs are. FC is either including many bug fixes with the release of the booster pack or is waiting to see how it sells before funding the dev side of things (i.e., to fix the legacy issues).

I really think that this forum has been relegated to the sole role of providing a place where people post about a problem, and someone posts a workaround solution to that problem. Apart from that, we may as well be farting into a vacuum, as far as hoping anything we say matters.

Originally posted by Jafwo

What AO needs (among other things) is to have a dev team motivated to "do their game right".

I agree with you there. Some bugs/ Annoyances have been here way to long. STACK - CANT TRADE - PLEASE WAIT -

And with the intro of the new Clusters in last patch, the attitude to incompleteness shows with the BLUE QUESTION MARKS - Missing link to Picture or Icon of the item in the Database.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=58428

Press on and maybe we can get someone to hear us. Dont give up, cause when they stop hearing complains they think problem is solved, not that we got tired of beating a dead horse.

I got at least 2 sets of those bugged bags when they were around...

But I still have an odd bug... I have my apartment key sitting in the bank (character went Omni, from Neuterd) and whenever it sits in the bank, it's a blue question mark. but If I move it to my regular inventory, it changes back to the key !!! and in fact, after one of the patches, it dissapeared completely for a few weeks then reappeared in the bank.

No idea there... hehe I should go back to my apartment in Newland, see if the roller rats have moved in. Should put a big chocolate cake or bronto burger in the middle of the floor for them
    Deagnor 204 Solitus Fixer (Omni) Director of R.U.R.
    ---*** Other RuRians ***---
    83 Opti Pistol Advent Motafrancis | Ovnor 161 Solitus Engineer
    117 Nanomage NT Knightweaver | DiceSlice 83 Opti 1HE Advent
    145 NanoMage MP Miner49 | Mohelunz 69 Solitus Doc
    141 Atrox Enf Cluedozer | Icewrench 63 Opti Fixer
    Icelo 57 Opti Keeper
    Sig updated Sept 2, 2008