Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - Jan. 14th, 2011: Moving Jitters...

Uggh.... whomever continues thinking that it is a good idea to have these bright/clashing colors in the documents needs to be responsible for providing us with some medication to compensate for the headaches it causes.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

*sadface*
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Pink is known to have a calming effect. Maybe that is why they choose to use pink in nano docs.

Sigh, you guys have to whine about EVERYTHING don't you? The spreadsheet is fine, you can change how it looks if it bothers you that much. FFS grow up some people.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    Sigh, you guys have to whine about EVERYTHING don't you? The spreadsheet is fine, you can change how it looks if it bothers you that much. FFS grow up some people.
    If it genuinely causes medical problems for people, I don't think they'd be satisfied with "ffs grow up".
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    my greatest secret revealed!!!!
    Bah! It was good while it lasted!!
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

Interesting changes in the nano document. Thank goodness that the doc professional posted a summary in the profession forum area because while I love pink.. I just got overwhelmed when I opened that spreadsheet... and yeah, I'm an accountant.. I like spreadsheets

I've played a doc as my main for about 80% of my time in AO. I personally felt that we were given some sort of PvM godmode when the LE nanos came out (and that's compared to being pretty darned good prior to that). I'm not overly worried about the changes outlined BUT can't wait until the test server is up so we can start to see these things in action. It is really tough to determine the net effect of all of the changes (for all of the professions) until we actually start playing together to see... I know we're still missing a couple profession docs so just being patient

I can't wait to see the trader document.. and for whoever said Traders were bad in PvM (some trader posting on page 2 or 3)... speak for yourself My trader is the preferred toon I use for PvM... but then again, she is in a pvm setup.. I don't pvp on her at all.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    If it genuinely causes medical problems for people, I don't think they'd be satisfied with "ffs grow up".
    If bright things cause people to have medical problems they most likely should not be on the internet. Or if they are have their computer setup for displaying in a way that it wont cause them problems. Every OS has a built in color control system.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Some people like the colour scheme?

granted some say "don¨'t complain", but what if it had been in the more regular colours of white background for current, light green for new and light yellow for changes.
    I have used that one for years, and it is way less of an eye-sore than this.

Granted, it is a lot of document to change now, but the comments have been there from document 1..

It is an actual reason for me -not- to read it, as it is so poorly formatted that it is annoying..
    I know I have to go through it though, so commenting on it later.
    but rather poor advertising for new things.. especially if you want feedback.

Kind Regards
    -Ariensky
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

Microscopic type, white text on pink backgrounds, pathological avoidance of neutral colors and colors that work well on LCD displays; I am seriously pretty sure these documents were laid out by someone who is colorblind and doesn't know it.

Maybe its just me but I'm still not thrilled with the names Lesser Complete Healing and Improved Complete Healing. maybe its just me but if the name says complete I kinda expect that it should do that. Granted I don't really have a better suggestion, Partial Healing maybe, but meh there has to be a better name out there right?
    Malcom Ciafardoni
    Circle-G Inc. - The Past. The Present. Your Future.

I'm not a gimp, I'm a trade skill Trader.

Quote Originally Posted by Whealer View Post
    Maybe its just me but I'm still not thrilled with the names Lesser Complete Healing and Improved Complete Healing. maybe its just me but if the name says complete I kinda expect that it should do that. Granted I don't really have a better suggestion, Partial Healing maybe, but meh there has to be a better name out there right?
    Yeah, it is pretty lolzy. It's all a relic of when CH was put in game as a 10k heal, in an era when 10k HP was unheard of and thought to be unattainable (imagine that!). Now that it's routine for normal toons at endgame to have 25-85k HP, it's only iCH at best that merits the name at all. They should just rethink the lower ones and rename / retext them in a way that reflects their last-ditch nature, but doesn't just sound dumb when it only heals 50% of a toon's actual HP.

Sadly some good names like "Cellular Crashcart" are already taken. But there has to be something. Maybe variants of "Code Blue!" (and a cool blue variant of the heal icon with a lightning bolt inside to go along with it). Then iCH could just be the one and only "real" "Complete Healing."

pink is the new black

Quote Originally Posted by Haxi View Post
    Pink is known to have a calming effect. Maybe that is why they choose to use pink in nano docs.
    They should combine it with blue. It relaxes.
    ಠ_ಠ

Quote Originally Posted by Nanopwner View Post
    no worries, masta likes to come on the forums to project his ego (compensate)...

I for one would like to see the trader docs, so it seems logical to ask where they are if someone says they were uploaded somewhere... duh.
    It is? When the point was to upload them to the professionals for review before releasing them in public, like everything else? Even then, they weren't done for the first draft to us in the middle of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    Yoda ? is that you ?

=> Kintaii said he couldnt publish the trader doc because it couldnt upload it.
    => you said to people finding that this was looking much alike "my dog ate my homework" that it was successfully uploaded elsewhere...
    => I ask where

It concerns me because I d like to read it ...
    Learn English, that's a proper sentence.

He also said "to the professionals" It's not been discussed for such an encompassing document.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaloot View Post
    Cause Valikat is Kintaii
    my greatest secret revealed!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by vallikat View Post
    Bah! It was good while it lasted!!
    Oh lord i sure hope not or i will have spent years hitting on Kintaii and... god... i wont be able to look myself in the mirror...... . .. O.o
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

now that you're working on the water... PLEASE add underwater RK content!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstabber View Post
    now that you're working on the water... PLEASE add underwater RK content!
    Only if they don't use the atrocious AoC underwater effect.

And fix the damn waterfalls! They've been broken since DB1 came out and it makes me sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    Only if they don't use the atrocious AoC underwater effect.

And fix the damn waterfalls! They've been broken since DB1 came out and it makes me sad.
    And don't use same as in AoC(atleast at launch) they look horrible...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Work on the engine is progressing well with multiple ocean volumes now displaying reasonably correctly in the client. Water is handled completely differently in the new engine so some changes are going to have to be made to the world for the water to work in some locations.
    Sounds cool!

Will there be new swim-buffing items, new swim-animations/mechanics aswell?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast