Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Keep Pvp Titles!

bah

scrap titles make pvpers actually work for them not gank/farm
    and make it fool proof this time please not stupid exploits for ppl to use and so on..cause if that is not fixed then you will have to scrap titles again...
    Originally posted by Knasbollen

m000

Jeez!

Jeez people, you're jumpy... quit flaming me, i meant my first post as an opinion, not a hard fact written in stone for you to flame me about. And yes, people DO respect you when you have a big pvp title, and u cant say different...

if a someone is going to fight you, and they have never met you, and you have a neophyte title.... they will think "he must be pretty good, hence RESPECT!!! Quit flaming ya n00bs.

and i was NOT speaking literally on the whole trader-fixer guarding tower thing... its an exaggeration.

Furthermore, maybe i will be ok with no pvp titles in a new system like the booster packs where pvp is more of an open-world thing, but as far as the arena.. i see no reason to pvp without a reward, because after u kill someone its like "hmmm ooook, i killed him... hmmmm..". WITH pvp titles its like "Hmm i killed him, w00t! look i got rookie! sweet!"

Anyways, quit flaming me... i meant for my post to be an opinion open for discussion, not a flame thrower war.

-Coug
    Last edited by Cougarhawk; Oct 17th, 2002 at 03:59:12.
    Cougarhawk-Agent-Tir~
    ~~~Trader-killer~~~

Cathawk-Trader-Tir~
    ~~~ Uber level 25, likes to scream "NERF GRID ARMOR!"~~~

Originally posted by TheDeacon
    Titles should be won in the heat of battle, not in the training ring. But that's of course just my own opinion
    Ditto... Totally agree with you Deacon.
    Othgar
    Omni-Tek Master Assassin
    Skitch
    Omni-Tek NT (Testlive)

Question HeH

Iv been playing AO for about 7-8 months and all iv ever heard is "Remember how good mmd/2ho was back in hte day?". So maybe whiping PvP titles might bring back some of that fun...(will feel sorry for the people that won the titles fairLy and see that work removed) what u think?
    Neophyte Louie "Jankkar" Strikz - 167 Evil Trader

Re: Jeez!

Originally posted by Cougarhawk
    And yes, people DO respect you when you have a big pvp title, and u cant say different...

if a someone is going to fight you, and they have never met you, and you have a neophyte title.... they will think "he must be pretty good, hence RESPECT!!! Quit flaming ya n00bs.
    I don't think "he must be good." I think more in the lines of countryside, animals, farming and such
    Jecc
    200 · Nano-Technician

Equipment

- Every level a player gets past 150, they will be punished with less and less people they can kill
    - Make pure PvP server. 25% suppression in major cities, 5% everywhere else. And no level restrictions.
    One of my ALL Time Favorite websites when I feel down (It's beyond hilarious!)
    ..::Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music::..
    (Disclaimer: My actions, views and comments on these boards in no way reflect my ingame personality)

anyone I DONT KNOW that has higher than rookie I assume is either a ganker a farmer or both.

just my 2 creds

you live on your reputaiont, cougar you should know that, esp in RK2 where everyone knows EVERYONE in the pvp circles.

I show respect where it is earned
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

My 2 cents:

I think the answer is fairly simple....
    1. Remove all titles
    2. Make PvP kills public knowledge (read that on someone's sig, couldn't agree more) posted next to their bio.

and

3. Redo point system (make it no points for same side kills), re-institute titles at a later date.

or,

4. Forget titles completely, and stick with public knowledge kills.
    Demonsguile 204 MP HYDRA General
    Korrupshun 147 Trader (The MP anti-thesis)
    Renown 104 Enf (King of the Ring, before OE patch)
    Bloke 76 Keeper
    -He who angers you, conquers you.
    -Those who complain the most, do the least.
    -Goals are not made to be attained or achieved. They are made to be surpassed.
    Originally posted by Sallust
    They can't show us new pets because they have better things to do then camp for the items

Thumbs up

I have some PvP titles on my char, and I'd have them removed in an instant if it encouraged team pvp and more battles.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12