Thread: Deathmatch in Wine SATURDAY OCT 12, 7 PM EST

Deathmatch in Wine SATURDAY OCT 12, 7 PM EST

Thanks for showing up last Saturday, the 1st place prize was 81.5 million credits, the highest ever. Grats to Abid/Morrizon and Cudus/Fyrestarter for second. I've gotten some requests to "mix it up a little" so today I'm going to try a different format for the Deathmatch: 2 ppl team FFA. I'm going to hold it in a building in Wine, instead of Hope. Inside there are 2 levels, stairs, rooms you can hide in, and corners you can use to avoid shots. Basically you walk go inside with a team of two. Everyone spreads out, and after count down, its FFA. The deathmatch ends when all but one team is eliminated.

TOURNEY INFO:

SERVER: RK1
    PLACE: Meet outside Bar in Wine. CLAN: Whompa from Tir->Varmint Woods->Wine OMNI: Rome->Broken Shores->Wine (note: there's a clan guard near the whompa, so be careful zoning in)
    TIME: October 12, Saturday 7PM EST

600k credits entry fee for lvls 150 and below
    2 mil creds entry fee lvl 151-200 (not firm, post below)
    money added
    winner takes all

No level restriction
    Profession restriction: You cannot have two of the same profs on one team (e.g. 2 docs, 2 traders, 2 mas, etc.)
    Outside buffs are allowed (ask for buffs outside the bar)
    Bring a partner; if you can't find one, come anyway, there's gonna be other ppl there that needs a partner

Zoning will be counted as death.
    30 minutes time limit. If more than 1 team remains after time runs out, the match will be INVALIDATED. However, requests for extension will be considered, depending on situation.
    We'll hold a calcutta (team auction) before the tourney starts. Starting bid is 500k. Anyone (even if you're just watching) is allowed to make bids. The winner of last week's calcutta won 46 mil.

See you guys there
    Last edited by Halfdeck; Oct 12th, 2002 at 16:47:27.

sounds like fun

edit: the building FULL of clan mobs? :P
    Last edited by Wal; Oct 12th, 2002 at 19:16:38.
    // wildwal - the sexiest adv evar - now with nr!
    // legion

Talking ramdidam

Me and tolbat will be there, as (almost) always.

... yep. yup.

see you there =)

///////// halofire and tolbat. weiiii

if i dont have a partner can i show up and team up with others?

Turned out to be a little other then expected.

The mobs were too many in the zone and while it was meant to be team vs teams it was the mobs vs us Mobs win 1-0! Since that wasnt really fun we decided to do old fashioned 2vs2 till theres a winner.

Pat and Johi brought up a nice duel and so did many others, thanks for the honourable duels against me (Firerose) and georg

Would be nice if a GM or something can clean the cave, hope that will be possible.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Agh, you posted this a little late...Only one i've missed so far. :/

Is the 'no two professions' thing new? I remember going alone vs two atrox traders... (Spaxz and Gatorojo)
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

The beginning was abit of a hassle, ( hello building full of clan mobs ;D ) but then it was decided to just do a 2vs2 in a building nearby which worked quite well

In the end a nice event, never tought a soldier/doc combo could do that well
    Georg 218 doc
    [1809] PT
    Legion
    Web: [http://www.legionhq.org]
    Irc: irc.legionhq.org
    Ts: www.legionhq.org

This one unfortunately turned out to be a big fiasco. First, the mobs in the building just made a mess of things. Trying the 2nd bracket FFA in a small room didn't work out either -- it basically forced an omni vs clan fight, giving the outnumbered side a huge handicap (in this case clan).

Also, I had a guildie coming to help me run the event, but unfortunately she got locked out of the game for 2 hours, and with the huge turnout last night, it was just more than a handful for me to run the event solo.

Once we switched back to 2v2 format, things went much smoother though. Thanks to Johiyat for helping me run brackets (took a load off me). Also thanks to people like Patk9, Tolbat, Halofire, Rznr, and others that backed me up when things were getting a bit out of hand Congratulations to Firerose / Georg for 1st place, Bitzcan/Heroses for 2nd, and Patk9/Johiyat for 3rd.

Next one will be 2v2 in Wine. I want to see someone win over 100 mil next weekend (record's at 82 mil)

Half
    Last edited by Halfdeck; Oct 13th, 2002 at 14:58:29.

Originally posted by Flak "Stromm" Tempest
    Is the 'no two professions' thing new? I remember going alone vs two atrox traders... (Spaxz and Gatorojo)
    That's what I call guts Didn't you kill one of the traders?

The rule was added on after that tourney, to make things less predictable. Interesting to note though, that trader/soldier combo beat the trader/trader team in that tourney in the finals.

Half

I look forward to winning the next as well

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Originally posted by Halfdeck

That's what I call guts Didn't you kill one of the traders?

The rule was added on after that tourney, to make things less predictable. Interesting to note though, that trader/soldier combo beat the trader/trader team in that tourney in the finals.

Half
    Yea, lol...mochams rrf and essence help

Snaring the whole bar before i die though is always a good way to go out in a bang lol

The most devastating combo seems to be doc/trader, though..
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Isn't the combo that always wins the Abid and _____ combo?
    Oh my god its like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain