Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grenade weapons?

Grenade weapons?

Is there a decent enough grenade weapon for tl2-ish level? That isn't going to cost millions of creds?

I'm not a fan of the pistols
    You start sneaking.
    You have been detected by everything and anything including that door over there.
    You randomly die.

Nope.
    Waiting for a cure.

i think the only actual options for grenade at low lvl are the kyr grenade gun and red line.
    Not sure if they're actually decent or cheap though, but i think that's the only options.

Greetings,

Ellarisa
    Darkellarisa 220/30/70 Engineer equipment pvp // Alien Deaths: 353
    Crazyella 220/30/70 MP equipment // Alien Deaths: 90
    Stabbingella 220/28/67 Shade equipment // Alien Deaths: 45
    Farming alien deaths since 2006!

Quote Originally Posted by Solidstriker View Post
    And Ella said, "Let there be robots," and there were robots. Ella saw that the robots were good, and he separated the light from the dark. Ella called the light "Slayerdroids," and the dark he called "Gladiatorbots." And there was Automations, and there was Warmachines- the second day.

at tl2sh level your probably better off getting some +int weapons or anything that boost your bot skills anyway, or more ncu. To push out better pets because they will be doing almost all of your damage.

Unless your talking about a tl2 pvp engineer twink? If that is the case, i feel sorry for you but wish you the best of luck.

But as for grenade weapons, red line is the only one i can think of also, and kyr weapons as ella already said. Takun can probably give you a better run down than any of us here can tho.

Redline isn't that hard to get I think.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    Redline isn't that hard to get I think.
    I spent several months camping dynas and never got one to drop. I ended up buying one for several million credits. The good news is, I doubt with the low population that you would have to OD anyone for them/bring your main.

Unless you can get one by camping dynas or for next to nothing on shopping, I would suggest you not go that route.

I have had two level 15 engineers with one of these on. For a level locked toon at the lower end of tl2, this would not only outshine the kyr gun, but I think you might be hard pressed to toss out a pet that could come close to ODing you.

I am about to try out the kyr route on a higher level toon as soon as I can get some time off from work to actually get a toon levelled up and geared up. I am curious as to how it would work, just not optimistic about what I am going to find.

This is purely pvm suggestion though. I tried towers on my first level 15 engi...see posts above as they are applicable. Cool thing about tower sites at early tl2 is that they are easy enough to "steal" with this setup. Bad thing is..well, just about everything else. That is a comment on lowbie pvp more than on this or any weapon/setup.
    Liamboru 220 Engineer - Brianboru 220 Soldier - Padraigboru 150 Soldier - Tadghboru 60 Engineer - Cormacboru 15 Engineer
    ...and ofc, the army of buff hoes
    ------------------------------------
    PvPDood: Hey, come back and duel me again, I hardly ever get to fight a gimp like you! - Get a /tell like that and it sort of makes you want to evaluate what you thought was a twink!

Walker
    : Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy!
    Texas Ranger
    : I don't even know what that means, but I love it!

Basically what Boru said. At low levels using a red line, your pet will be purely cosmetic and not be of any real use. At lower levels, there are 3 grenade options. The red line, kyr, and nizno options. Anything else is stuff froobs don't even touch or has split AR options. Kyr and nizno, by design, are pretty useless for low levels. QL300 scaling gives them horrible damage for any kind of skill you'll be able to obtain at these levels.
    Waiting for a cure.

MTI Pocket Launcher is only one i can think of that isn't godawful other than those already mentioned
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Ranged professions enjoy a significant advantage everywhere and more so against pet professions...
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Note: Calling me an "incompetant ass-monkey", while admitedly is extremely amusing, does nothing to quantify what exactly, if anything, you would like to see changed in your/someone else's nanos.

Thanks for all the input, will probably just go the kyr route as I can be comfortable up to 220 (when I can get time to play my engy that is)
    You start sneaking.
    You have been detected by everything and anything including that door over there.
    You randomly die.

*yawn*

Why did no one mention pillows... pillows! I always go max intel / TS / MC to get the 200 slayer out asap then work on personal damage later. But if you must redline will see you through a good many levels, hitting for 300 at level 15 is kind of cheating.

I wouldn't use a kyr'ozch until later on (TL 4-5) lowbie alien weapons have the same attack / recharge as their higher level counter parts which doesn't make much sense because you have **** for ranged init at low levels.

Anyways, always be full agro and scream bloody murder at the mob when you launch an explosive into their face, you'll be doing me proud.
    Grenadearchy Online
    Takun - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Crit Monster - Overlord of Mortar Kombat
    Grenades - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Leveling Monster - Advisor of Mortar Kombat

Grenade Infos
    Pure DPS - [Setup] - 1701 Fling to cap Sloth - 1% crit is equal to ~28+ damage
    Agg/Def: 100% - 1440 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 150 Ranged Init to cap Sloth
    Agg/Def: 0% - 2640 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 1650 Ranged Init to cap Sloth

No I would be full def at all times, except when I'm casting. I'm not really too bothered about doing insane damage at the moment as pvm is quite easy at this level. I just wanted to be more involved when it comes to teaming.
    You start sneaking.
    You randomly die.

Quote Originally Posted by -Rewd- View Post
    No I would be full def at all times, except when I'm casting.
    No point? You won't be evading anything anytime soon. If you have agro something else is the problem.

I'm not really too bothered about doing insane damage at the moment as pvm is quite easy at this level.
    As opposed to what level?

I just wanted to be more involved when it comes to teaming.
    Should of rolled something else then, pet attack macro and Q!
    Grenadearchy Online
    Grenades - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Leveling Monster - Advisor of Mortar Kombat

Grenade Infos
    Agg/Def: 100% - 1440 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 150 Ranged Init to cap Sloth
    Agg/Def: 0% - 2640 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 1650 Ranged Init to cap Sloth

I'm not really too bothered about doing insane damage at the moment as pvm is quite easy at this level. I just wanted to be more involved when it comes to teaming.
    Well, that's abit of a contradiction, seeing as damage is our main contribution to a team.
    Because Race Yalm

Is there a decent enough grenade weapon for tl2-ish level? That isn't going to cost millions of creds?
    There's a noob isle grenade weapon, although few probably know of it since no prof starts with it. You would have to buy and upgrade it while there. For TL2, it's probably as useful as any other grenade weapon you're gonna get your hands on.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorOutage View Post
    Well, that's abit of a contradiction, seeing as damage is our main contribution to a team.
    I ment by not jus standing away while my bot does all my input. But yesterday I seen the support for grenade in perks and I couldnt see it?
    You start sneaking.
    You randomly die.

Well I got my hands on a red line, put it on at 15, got masteries...

and the damage was very impressive much better than I thought.

I've gotten to 60 now and ditching the slow red line for a slightly faster Kyr grenade launcher currently self casting a 76 pet which isnt too impressive but I still need to get some nano buffing items and better implants.

So now just a climb to 100
    You start sneaking.
    You randomly die.

just get enough ncu for mochies + wrangle and forget about selfing your own pets. As long as you have some friends or in a big org you will be able to find em. And you will only have to get the pet out once when you login. Use the highest one you can keep out of oe with self buffs (comp expertise, attributes etc). That way you will be able to plevel up to 100 fast.

Would be nice if there was a "perennium" type grenade weapon. A generic weapon that scales from 50-200 that doesn't suck and is widely available...
    Waiting for a cure.

cookie cutter is bad mk

Quote Originally Posted by Mostadio View Post
    Would be nice if there was a "perennium" type grenade weapon. A generic weapon that scales from 50-200 that doesn't suck and is widely available...
    Back when I was a 'nice person' who 'posted constructive material' and 'helped other players' I sent quite a few weapon ideas into means and famine regarding the lack of mid-range weapons.

Had an engineer only perennium pistol with burst and a engineer only grenade launcher with fling, as well as a trader + engineer shotgun - none of those (as with most ideas) never went anywhere nor did I even get back any type of response, for all I know they got lost in the void.

I love how we still use AI weapons from how many years ago as leveling weapons.
    Grenadearchy Online

Grenade Infos

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast