Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Choose my Adventure: Anarchy Online!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by BeauHindman View Post
    Hey guys! I've been reading and watching all of the forums for all of the games in the race, and it's been a lot of fun!

You have a heck of a community, and got a ton of votes. You still have a few days left, too. be aware that whatever happens, there are more writers that will be putting up more votes. Either way, I have two columns per week standard -- one of them in which I play a game for a solid week and give a first impressions of it. Not a review, but a first impressions. There is a difference. I will be looking at AO in the future, whatever happens. And yes, I've played it and subbed to it before. Several times over the years, actually. Trust me, the last thing I would want to talk about is a launch that has nothing to do with the state of the game now.

You should feel good about representing the community on the site so well. I can promise you that one of the most powerful invitations for a game is in the comments section. When a game is talked about a lot and represented by the community a lot, people will try it out.

Anyway, get back to voting -- and congrats on the number of votes you had so far!

Beau
    I can only agree, I took a look at uncharted waters online too, because of the comments.
    Looks great, made me wish that AO had some exploring archivements involving the skills "adventureing", "Map Navigation" and "perception", looking over that game, they have those same skills, but used in a TradeSkill manner to explore hidden pathways and finding treasure.

Uncharted waters looks cool, but the skill-tree and options seem kind of limited, compared to the thousands* of nanos in AO
    Way more than other games, which is why I am happy with AO
    AO has a very compelling and large backstory and world too, I could wish for more exploring as I think only 5% see the magnificence of it, and would be a niche for sandbox players/explorers.

Kind Regards
    -Ariensky

To be fair AO only have ~1.000 useful nanos, I know because my Agent has 963, and that is all buffing (other players) nanos, the highest quality combat nanos of every profession, as well as fun stuff as all animal morphs and sparkling shields.
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisalee View Post
    1859 to 2454 - We're catching up... that's a mere *does a quick !calc* 595 votes away! We could totally turn this around and take this!
    Some one had the nerve to use a bot and vote 2500 times for wizards 101.

5746 vs 2336

gotta trick /b/ into clicking abit?
    Last edited by Shareida; Jan 8th, 2011 at 03:49:16.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    gotta trick /b/ into clicking abit?
    http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/...to-north-korea

never underestimate the power of your /b/rethren.
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

Ack, comeon, where did all those votes come from!
    "Death is as big a part of life, as life it self".
    First wizard, Sword of Truth.

Macdk TL7 Equip
    Baraccus TL7
    Equip
    Raugmoss TL7
    Equip
    Maczilla TL5
    Equip
    Maczol TL4
    Equip

Apparently that other game has over 1m accounts.
    Let's say that 1/3 of it is active.
    300.000 kids vs 3000(?) ao players.
    I think our community is doing one hell of a good job.

Now i read those messages under the voting page, one now proclaims that we are cheating votes now >.<
    linked with it a screenie of the post someone made in here.

Even if we don't end up first: look at now many votes we got compared to all other listed games.
    And we don't need a price a show our pride of this game.
    Knights of Ka
    The Elysium Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Einstein said, there's two things that are infinite.. the universe and human stupidity... and I'm not sure about the universe.

One of the hardest things about AO community has always been to get it interested in anything going on outside AO
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Well, actually, Wiz 101 has claimed over 10 million registered users. How many players, who knows?

I knew this going in and when making the list. I did it to give a fair chance to all those involved -- after all, MapleStory claims somewhere around 60 MILLION players worldwide, closer to 3 million in NA.

And yet, MapleStory did not even get on the map.

You guys truly need to be proud! Whoever wins (I think it looks like Wiz will) I know I will be taking another look at AO. If it comes up on the next CMA, I don't know. If you keep up voting like that, though, it has to.

Beau

If you decide to take another look at AO, I would recommend waiting till we get the new engine up and running as well as the complete rebalance that's in the works. Game will get another newbie introduction for that as well, to make it easier for new players to get into things.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    If you decide to take another look at AO, I would recommend waiting till we get the new engine up and running as well as the complete rebalance that's in the works. Game will get another newbie introduction for that as well, to make it easier for new players to get into things.
    Or not.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Xatgunner View Post
    Apparently that other game has over 1m accounts.
    Let's say that 1/3 of it is active.
    300.000 kids vs 3000(?) ao players.
    I think our community is doing one hell of a good job.

Even if we don't end up first: look at now many votes we got compared to all other listed games.
    And we don't need a price a show our pride of this game.
    This this this I'm very proud to be a part of this community. I'd also like to point out that the comments on Massively regarding AO are almost all eloquent and well thought out treatises on what makes AO so great, while the Wizard 101 posts are largely more along the lines of "WIZ101 ROOLS AO DROOLS." I think we've represented ourselves pretty well here.

I'm a regular massively reader, so I'm not going to give up getting AO into the spotlight over there. I've sent in some screensnaps to their 'One Shots' column, and I think our impressive showing in this contest will help show people that AO is anything but dead.

Also, big thanks to Beau for his post here. You're a class act my friend
    Last edited by Krisalee; Jan 8th, 2011 at 18:11:47.

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    Or not.
    Your point?
    The Red Brotherhood

Thanks Kris! You know, I put it on my new laptop a few nights ago and it runs great. I have been writing a lot more about mobile gaming, so this might be a great game for that as well.

I understand the need to wait until the newbie experience is revamped, but again I have been through it a few times. The real confusion for me starts when I am in the "real world." That's a good thing, a game with that type of confusion means that there are a ton of choices!

beau

Your point?
    guess his point is that those things might a) never come or b) fail
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

Quote Originally Posted by nitr0 View Post
    guess his point is that those things might a) never come or b) fail
    And yet another ridiculous conspiracy theory
    The Red Brotherhood

And yet another ridiculous conspiracy theory
    Why so?

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    Why so?
    It's so ridiculous that I don't even want to bother with any response. You go beat another dead horse.
    The Red Brotherhood

It's so ridiculous that I don't even want to bother with any response. You go beat another dead horse.
    And yet, you responded. So...

ugh...childish
    Varsbot
    Variable004

I just clicked refresh and the votes jumped for wiz101 by 30 within 10 seconds!

they are over 8000 now. Out of our league.

Good Job Anarchy, well done.
    220/30/70 OMNI SOLDIER - Tyler "Tyfow" Fowler SMG/PDKP -First!
    220/22/64 OMNI BUREAUCRAT - Iliek "Vaporeon" Mudkipz

Funcom employee

Well, I'm always a fan of saying that it ain't over 'till it's over, but regardless of the final outcome I'm really pleased with the show of support our community has mustered. It's always difficult to draw in numbers for this sort of thing, and I'm genuinely amazed and awed at the mobilization our playerbase and community has shown for this poll - You guys are all stars; you're why we keep coming into the office every day. So kudos and props to everyone who's answered the call. Just hope that *next* time something like this rolls around we can keep up the momentum. =)

And cheers to you, Mr. Hindman, for popping over to say hey. =D I'm really intrigued by the poll and its results, and look forward to reading the resulting articles regardless of who takes first place. I hope our community has made as good an impression on you as they have on me over the years. We're not the biggest in the world, but we're passionate - We're devoted, we're loyal, and we all love the game we've chosen to spend our time on. So thank you for coming over and dropping us a line - Always good to see new folks around regardless. =)

Again guys, it ain't over until the poll closes so keep the votes comin' in if you haven't already - We may not come in first, but we can sure let 'em know we were there.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast