Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Change how perk checks work.

Change how perk checks work.

Right now perks work on a 100% hit or miss basis. Make them work like regular hits, where they have a chance to hit or miss based on attack rating vs defence rating.

Wouldn't they then still a 100% chance to hit or miss, just with a different check?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    Wouldn't they then still a 100% chance to hit or miss, just with a different check?
    Regular attacks have a chance to hit, they're not totally binary like perk checks.

Only problem with this idea is that an unlucky miss could really screw over professions that depends on chaining perks. Might require changing how perks work.

Aye, I'm all for more of a curve in perk landing rates.

X

bump because this just makes sense.
    Hellrule 220/30/70 - Your future Crat Dictator
    Secretly Clan

that makes proffs stronger who get perked from most and proffs weaker that are unperkable most of the time ... so there should be something to make up for that. beside that why not controlled alphas would be impossible too hmm well not only a bad thing i guess but again something more that is luck based ...

people over estimate the luck based part. easily perked professions will remain easily perkable while unperkable professions will sometimes be perkable. and all the professions inbetween will continue to be inbetween
    Secretly Clan

So... Then, why change it anyways?
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

because it makes more sense then something never landing or always landing.
    Secretly Clan

Actually it makes sense the way it is now. Random landing/evasion of perks would just be chaos.

I can miss with regular hits on things like soldiers and enfs, so I can just imagine how stupid it would be if my perks that are essential for offense get resisted by semi-evaders like agents/NT/trader etc.

If perk recharges were about 90% shorter and did like 90% less damage then I can see them missing and being more random.

I don't agree with the OP's idea, but I do feel something needs to be done. No one should be 100% unperkable to another class.
    R.I.P. AO
    Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Actually it makes sense the way it is now. Random landing/evasion of perks would just be chaos.

I can miss with regular hits on things like soldiers and enfs, so I can just imagine how stupid it would be if my perks that are essential for offense get resisted by semi-evaders like agents/NT/trader etc.
    It would be rare.

Now imagine landing something vs a fixer for once. or a crat.
    Secretly Clan

Perks could stand to be reworked anyways, they're poorly implemented.

Or have the execution always have a mininum value, where players can evade/resist most the damage if checks are in their favor.

new way to kill every evade prof. spam all ur dd perfks, they all miss, and u'll still kill em sweet. Great idea
    Deathmaster1 220/30/70 Dmsengi 220/28/70
    Dmstanker 220/30/70 Dmsdoc 220/25/70
    Anarchic1 126/15/35 Dmsfix 220/30/70
    Imakeyouoe 164/22/42 Imakeyouoe2 85/9/21

BM of Dark Front - We are recruiting. darkfront.org

Over-reaction of 2day

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchic1 View Post
    new way to kill every evade prof. spam all ur dd perfks, they all miss, and u'll still kill em sweet. Great idea
    Dramatic...Cause evade-professions are gonna be unkillable? I think not A lil' extra HP would help fine
    Last edited by Lletah; Dec 22nd, 2010 at 07:00:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchic1 View Post
    He's right actually, once perks start landing on crats more often they'll have no chance for lack of heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Lletah View Post
    Over-reaction of 2day

Dramatic...Cause evade-professions are gonna be unkillable? I think not A lil' extra HP would help fine
    Evade profs will be too easily killable in this suggestion. But it all depends on what sort of chance of landing you get against someone with higher defence than your offence.
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

lletah u're looking at evade professions from the perspective of the agent. And you suggest something that would overpower agent against evade profs and while at the same time overpowering every other prof against evade profs.

It's a bad suggestion
    Deathmaster1 220/30/70 Dmsengi 220/28/70
    Dmstanker 220/30/70 Dmsdoc 220/25/70
    Anarchic1 126/15/35 Dmsfix 220/30/70
    Imakeyouoe 164/22/42 Imakeyouoe2 85/9/21

BM of Dark Front - We are recruiting. darkfront.org

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaloot View Post
    If perk recharges were about 90% shorter and did like 90% less damage then I can see them missing and being more random.

I don't agree with the OP's idea, but I do feel something needs to be done. No one should be 100% unperkable to another class.
    In isolation it would be a bad change. It would allow, for example, shades to run up to a crat and fire off all their perks rapidly along with SA and have a decent shot of killing them. Most evade profs would probably need to see some of their other defences boosted to deal with sudden spike damage. But you can't deny there is something wrong with some profs being 100% perkable or unperkable.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellrule View Post
    because it makes more sense then something never landing or always landing.
    They wouldn't be perks then. And anyways, days of certain profs being totally unperkable are gone, FC is doing well with incoming perk changes.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast