Thread: Cloaking devices... Broken????

Cloaking devices... Broken????

Ok, Im hearing that cloaking devices are hosed. Can you all provide some feedback so if this is really broken, it can be fixed.

First off, I always assumed that you still had to use sneak to benefit from the extra concealment that the cloaking device gave you. This seemed kind of lame since the DOT on the darn thing can cut you to ribbons. This is why I stopped using mine.

Im hearing now, that I was wrong, and that a cloaking device is supposed to allow you to remain concealed as long as you dont attack, pick a lock, or whatever, and you DONT HAVE TO USE SNEAK. It was supposed to auto-sneak. Im hearing that this is broken.

So, I guess I would like to know the truth of how they work and also if they were really gimped the way people have described.

IF they are broken, I WOULD LIKE FOR FUNCOM TO TELL US IF THIS WAS AN INTENTIONAL NERF OR NOT AND HOW THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO WORK.

Sorry for the caps, but I figured if they were skimming text, they would notice the important part of that post.

Thanks

Altaire

No, it was always that way. It increases your concealment skill and makes you invisible.
    "By the way, if anyone here is in marketing or advertising: kill yourself." --Bill Hicks
    "Have we turned into gerbils? People are paying money to walk up invisible steps over and over again." --Dennis Leary

Thanks Xombie. It seems like I always get replies from you

Keep it up and you might become my hero man.

Altaire

Angry Cloaking Device is BROKEN

Yes cloaking devices STOPPED WORKING. It still adds conceal but it doesn't reduce hp anymore and it doesn't give you cover like it did before, if sneak is broken you get attacked right away even with cloaker on. To top it off, SNEAK IS BROKEN TOO. You hit water, you open a door, you can't resneak and have to zone. FIX THIS BS ALREADY. Every patch you do you lose customers. Get things right for once.