Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Itea for Item Store

Itea for Item Store

Hi

I think the Item Store isnt that bad but ther is nothing that is realy nessesary for me

A nice thing can be a Box where i can but in a NODROP tool and so i can give or sell it too sombody else.

The Box terminate when i get out the part and can only used one time.

Something like this.

See you in game

Hunne

Or remove the abomination of NODROP all together and just make everything tradeable until used and then it binds to the character that used it.

But I'll bump this simply because your forums join date is less than three months old. Always good to get some new blood in here. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunne View Post
    I think the Item Store isnt that bad but ther is nothing that is realy nessesary for me
    That's the point, you don't have you pay extra every month to be competitive. Anything you do pay just lets you become competitive faster.
    Hello and welcome to The Internet. Please leave your common sense, decency and humanity with the doorman. Have a nice stay.

Squad Commander and resident Shade of When I Grow Up

Is your GUI getting in the way of playing AO?
    Do you want to be able to take screenshots quickly and easily without hotbars, wings and chat windows getting in the way?
    Are you getting tired of that blue colour scheme?
    Try using my Uncluttered GUI!

no, no, no, no, no, simply no.
    NODROP is fine, there is way to much LR-Selling already.
    Get on my freaking team and do dungeons instead of sitting in borealis..
    Happy employee of the Omni Tek corporation.
    I am destruction. I am creation. I am Engineer.
    Free Tradeskill Services on RK1. Includes AI Armor.

AOMover | AwesOme Script
    Open Source Licenses, enjoy your freedom

Imo, players should be able to to purchase the rights to have their toon's name on a bounty board displayed at all major cities.

Bounties would offer lewls as compensation for anyone that kills players on the board.

Also, countermeasures would be nice.

Also, debump your idea. NoDrops exist for a reason.
    Last edited by Veebliez; Dec 4th, 2010 at 03:40:42.
    Raise your hand \o if you want to pay lots of attention to Veebz!

Quote Originally Posted by Veebliez View Post
    Also, debump your idea. NoDrops exist for a reason.
    And that reason is....?
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    And that reason is....?
    That you earn your phats. As I said before, there is too much Lootrights Selling in the Game. In my Opinion, there should be way more NODROP and no more Lootright Selling. I would also add to most tradeskills which includes Items from a dungeon a last step, which requires no Tradeskills at all, but to loot a nodrop item from the main boss of that dungeon.
    You did not help killing the boss -> you do not deserve the loot. Of course this would require a lot of alternative items of similar but smaller quality.
    regards

AOMover | AwesOme Script

That explanation is ludicrous. NODROP doesn't prevent people from getting phatz without earning them in the sense that you mean. Besides, AI armor is tradeable, Kyr Weapons are tradeable, the most coveted Tara loot is tradeable. None of this destroyed the game. If you remove NODROP tags and replaced it with a bind on character when equipped, then your wish would be granted. There would be no more loot rights selling. You'd simply raid for the item and sell it in it's tradeable form. Once it's used, it binds to the character.

And further more, the person that pays 800M for loot rights to a BoC, did earn that item. Through the accumulation of 800M credits.

That explanation is ludicrous. NODROP doesn't prevent people from getting phatz without earning them in the sense that you mean. Besides, AI armor is tradeable, Kyr Weapons are tradeable, the most coveted Tara loot is tradeable. None of this destroyed the game. If you remove NODROP tags and replaced it with a bind on character when equipped, then your wish would be granted. There would be no more loot rights selling. You'd simply raid for the item and sell it in it's tradeable form. Once it's used, it binds to the character.

And further more, the person that pays 800M for loot rights to a BoC, did earn that item. Through the accumulation of 800M credits.
    i've Read it a few times, and i actualy agree with you.
    Keeping some of the nodrop items as they are though.
    I do find that an ACDC for example, as one of the hardest items to obtain: Shouldn't (theoretically) be able fall into the hands of someone that just started game, and dinged 210+ within 36 hours. Someone like that should not be able to get his hands on an item like that. No matter how much credits a "friend" of him/her gave.

Think that that is also what would be bugging most of the people against this idea of removing nodrop tags.
    Some items shouldn't be able to be bought with money.
    (although that is happening right now anyway.)
    Knights of Ka
    The Elysium Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Einstein said, there's two things that are infinite.. the universe and human stupidity... and I'm not sure about the universe.

I really like to know how many people are buying Credits and then giving the very same credits back to the same credit-spamming-company with buying lootrights.
    I guess 70%
    regards

AOMover | AwesOme Script

Quote Originally Posted by Xatgunner View Post
    I do find that an ACDC for example, as one of the hardest items to obtain: Shouldn't (theoretically) be able fall into the hands of someone that just started game, and dinged 210+ within 36 hours.
    It's a good example, and I can see the logic behind it. But in a similar vein, getting this particular item requires the biggest raid force in the game (outside of towers), which means someone earned it. The fact is, that that same newb that you are pointing out can get this item for free by being the lucky winner in a raidbot raffle. Removing the NODROP tag on these items does not put more of them on the market, it simply gives those that earn them a change to keep the item or get credits from it to buy something that they really need or want. I could reverse the logic and say that that newb who won it on a raidbot raffle could now sell it to a veteran who's been hoarding points (and credits) for years in the hopes of getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerusha View Post
    I really like to know how many people are buying Credits and then giving the very same credits back to the same credit-spamming-company with buying lootrights.
    I guess 70%
    regards
    We really give credit spammers too much credit (if you'll pardon the pun). I hardly think that 70% of the current AO population who buys loot rights to an item got those credits through an outside agency. Although there probably will be a lot more of them going forward that got them by selling items from the FC shop. in either case, the argument of "Everyone who has credits must have got them through a cred-spammer" is nearly as tired as the "Veterans with billions of credits keep prices purposely inflated to keep items out of the hands of newbies".

Look, selling loot rights is a service. A person who creates a tradeskill toon in order to exchange their services for credits, or those that make a buffing toon for tips, are no different or more noble than the person that creates an unstunnable MA for the purposes of farming dreads in order to sell the items that drop. Or a team of four who kill the Beast to sell those items.

Take a look at it from the new players prospective. They get a chance to earn credits for killing the bosses in ToTW, the Director in Foremans, the bosses in IS, etc., etc. Think of what a newbie could earn for selling Ape Fist or Nem's Eye. MoTR, CDR, Gamma Ejector, TIM scope, etc. This opens the game up far more than damages it.

And I'm not suggesting that these items should be infinitely tradeable. I'm suggesting that they are tradeable until used.

And I'm not suggesting that these items should be infinitely tradeable. I'm suggesting that they are tradeable until used
    That makes no difference. You still dont need to go into that dungeon in a team.

AOMover | AwesOme Script

Quote Originally Posted by Jerusha View Post
    That makes no difference. You still dont need to go into that dungeon in a team.
    So your issue is not with selling loot rights, but rather selling loot rights on items that required a team to get to?

And that reason is....?
    Unfortunately, "some" NODROP are, thanks god, nodrop...

I m talking about some objects that have no reqs / level lock, but get "herited" level lock because they are nodrop and come from a PF that is level locked... followed me ?

(S7 weapons are an exemple)
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    Unfortunately, "some" NODROP are, thanks god, nodrop...

I m talking about some objects that have no reqs / level lock, but get "herited" level lock because they are nodrop and come from a PF that is level locked... followed me ?

(S7 weapons are an exemple)
    Yup. Although I also disagree with level locks. Locking based on levels is bad. Locking based on skill is good. If you can meet the reqs for an item or nano, you should be able to use it. It's just a lazy way of keeping very powerful weapons and nanos out of the hands of lower level toons. Don't have time to figure out a good baseline for skills for a particular weapon? Pfft. Just level lock it. Problem solved.

Removing NODROP tags from many items might also bite the lootright sellers; for example, remove NODROP from Burden, and the need for it would go down by huge amount as you would not need to get one for each of your toons. This makes me think of the main reason for most NODROPs around: less need to grind items, thus possible people quitting the game faster because they are "done" with it.

I myself think removing most NODROPs would make the game more interesting to many, no more need to grind X and Y and Z zones for A and B and C drops, and they can instead borrow items they need for twinking, buy what they need to use and do what they like to do. Be it PvP, PvM, RP or just general socializing.

As of lootright sellers, as long as there is anything that can be traded at some known value, there will be ways to sell items.
    Mireiawen Rose, 215/30/70 neut fixer, setup RK2
    Mireiwen Rose, 220/27/62 neut MA trader/tradeskiller, setup RK2
    Miraiwen Rose, 220/30/70 neut SMG soldier, setup RK2
    Miraeawen Rose, 220/27/70 neut MP, setup RK2
    Mireiaieawen Rose, 220/30/69 neut tank, RK2
    +bunch of others in Rose family...

President of Neutral Warriors | Neutnet mod | Mireiawen.net

Got superior pewpew or nerfbat? But it looks ugly, or you are just plain bored with everyone going around with same? Bump for Weapon Remodeling and get your unique looks!

All the best equipment in all level ranges should be nodrop, none of the "lesser equipment should be nodrop or unique except for maybe very special cases.

And the reason why is obvious. We see that ToTW still has some activity. New players can get some of the gear from there because it being nodrop the veteran players use their twinks to farm the stuff they need and leave the rest. If the gear there where yesdrop then it would be picked up and sold by the twink owners who would turn that dungeon into another farm. Like it happens in CoH. Selling loot and lootrights is good for veterans to farm creds and make twinks. It kills the game for other players. Who often can not kill some of the bosses even with full teams.

Otoh there is no reason whatsoever to keep the nodrop or unique tags on armors like rhinoman leather or the SL armors. They would be ignored by veterans but would be used and traded by noobs.
    Gustatus similis pullus.

I disagree that removing NODROP would hurt the new player. I think it would make the game better for them. Using your example of ToTW, imagine what the market would be like for Styg's, Nem's Eye, Chalice, Gripper, MA books, etc. The reason that high level players have toons dedicated to farming ToTW when necessary is because of the level locks on the dungeon. Keep those level locks in place, but remove the NODROP tag and those dedicated toons will see a lot less use. Think of it as "The Concrete Cushion" syndrome. Why do people still buy these? Because it's too much of a bother for some to create a toon for the specific purpose of rolling them. Being able to purchase the items from the dungeons off players that are actually using those dugeons would be a good thing.

These are computer role playing games,and nodrop tries to mean something in these kind of games.
    To me it means item what i really want to get,i so much want it that i never wanna throw it away.
    At that time when i pick it up from someones cold dead fingers ,i think i need this stuff,i might need it so much that i prolly sacrificed something to get it.
    When time passes and it gets old,i actually might think that if i didnt have that i wouldnt be here where i am now without that important item.
    nodrop tags are there for a reason.
    Last edited by trollingstones; Dec 13th, 2010 at 20:31:22.

Quote Originally Posted by trollingstones View Post
    These are computer role playing games,and nodrop tries to mean something in these kind of games.
    To me it means item what i really want to get,i so much want it that i never wanna throw it away.
    At that time when i pick it up from someones cold dead fingers ,i think i need this stuff,i might need it so much that i prolly sacrificed something to get it.
    When time passes and it gets old,i actually might think that if i didnt have that i wouldnt be here where i am now without that important item.
    nodrop tags are there for a reason.
    Just because you can't trade something, doesn't make it more valuable to you as a player. It's simply a game mechanic to force players to complete a specific portion of the game.

Look, there are actually cases where the NODROP tag makes a kind of sense. Progression quests are a good example. The idea behind them is that you need to complete a series of tasks in order to prove that you can handle yourself in the next zone. Having a high level toon complete those quests for you and obtain those items defeats that purpose. So that's a kind of example that makes sense in terms of not allowing those items to be tradeable. But there are other ways of handling those quests that wouldn't require NODROP tags.

And once again, let me iterate that my suggestion, and that of the OP, is not that you make these items infinitely tradeable (although I wouldn't mind that), but that they are either tradeable for a fee or that they are tradeable until they are used for the first time at which point they bind to the character that used them and cannot be traded again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast