Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - November 26th, 2010 - Spreadsheet Assault

Quote Originally Posted by Siyra View Post
    Your questions are based upon the assumption that Funcom is lying when they said they wouldn't sell things like VBs. If you didn't believe they were lying then you'd not bother asking questions on how far they'd go because they already said.
    Where did they say how far they would go?
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Where did they say how far they would go?
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    We will not be selling rare loot or equivalent items...you will not be seeing an ACDC and/or equivalent item in the store.
    Now I don't know about your luck, but VBs to me are classified as 'rare loot'.
    Shhh... I'm in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    People that continuously insult the player base TRYING to level, while asking why the population is so low, need to get a clue.

Now I don't know about your luck, but VBs to me are classified as 'rare loot'.
    Grail of the virgin
    Sword of the illuminated
    Exact copy of the Excalibur
    Spirit Shroud

Those are rare drops... Stuff like that.

I would never call VB's rare drops as they drop quite quite regularly from AI raids as well as from S10 bosses.
    Last edited by Mekh; Nov 28th, 2010 at 11:32:42.

Honestly I don't have much luck at all with VBs, and many others would say the same. They're rare, just not the rarest.

What's important I guess then it what does Means and Co consider rare, which is something we don't know. Which brings me back to making assumptions based upon non-existent information and then getting up in arms about the conclusion of your baseless assumptions.
    Last edited by Siyra; Nov 28th, 2010 at 11:57:42.
    Shhh... I'm in disguise.

People that continuously insult the player base TRYING to level, while asking why the population is so low, need to get a clue.

Honestly I don't have much luck at all with VBs, and many others would say the same. They're rare, just not the rarest.

What's important I guess then it what does Means and Co consider rare, which is something we don't know. Which brings me back to making assumptions based upon non-existent information and then getting up in arms about the conclusion of your baseless assumptions.

VBs are not rare, the end.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Means, is that you?

Oh wait sorry, just another troll.

Please, define for us all what you think rare is since you seem to have such a definitive stance.
    Last edited by Siyra; Nov 28th, 2010 at 12:15:36.
    Shhh... I'm in disguise.

Please, define for us all what you think rare is since you seem to have such a definitive stance.
    That is pretty much my question to Means/FC....

What's the difference between step 1 compared to 2 & 3 and where's the limit for how far you will go?

That is pretty much my question to Means/FC....
    Well your wording sucks

And I think he's told us, nothing rare will be sold. Personally I think rare, while having various levels, is a fairly universally understood concept. Hence why I'm wondering why you and Alternity seem to think something isn't rare just because it's more common then other things. VBs can still be rare even if they're more common then Shroud or SoTI etc.
    Shhh... I'm in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by blingoutyourdead View Post
    2008: Waving grass
    2010: Flying rocks

I love the smell of progress in the morning!
    2011: Talking grass. Let's see it!
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkirbiska1 View Post
    With word "pwning" you mean denying facts, which can't be infirm by anyone and much better is ignoring them and rather even don't answering on them? Yes, it hurts me and my friends for more than 1 year.
    Reason they left AO.
    Facts that are irrelevant. There are lots of facts, you can use any one of them to convince yourself into leaving the game. That doesn't make it reasonable. No one can help your emo friends if they left AO. AO can stand on it's own without rebalance or graphics upgrade --- it has for the last 9 years ... the years that your friends did play the game. If it was good enough to play then, it's good enough to play now. If people find cause to leave because of something NOT implemented in the game, that's rather stupid and impatient.
    Last edited by Obtena; Nov 28th, 2010 at 13:52:34.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    If people find cause to leave because of something NOT implemented in the game, that's rather stupid and impatient.
    orly? define "something" please. I'm tempted to put this quote in my signature for lols. honestly, i could care less about what the argument is, but players who have stuck it out for years hoping that funcom would make obvious changes/improvements/whatever is far from impatient. stupid.. probably. putting your hopes in funcom to implement something and on time, especially if your a long time player is blind stupidity. most of us just play the game and enjoy it. the day i stop enjoying it is the day i quit. and it seems that this "something" your referring to has stopped certain people from enjoying the game, end of story.
    Last edited by SoulTarder; Nov 28th, 2010 at 22:15:02. Reason: removed the word "calling". hadnt had coffee yet when writing
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulTarder View Post
    putting your hopes in funcom to implement something and on time, especially if your a long time player is blind stupidity
    You just agreed with him, and then attempted to act like you didn't.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

If people find cause to leave because of something NOT implemented in the game, that's rather stupid and impatient.
    Spoken like a true fanboy. You're calling people stupid and impatient because they don't want to purchase a product that lacks certain features. LOL

Facts that are irrelevant. There are lots of facts, you can use any one of them to convince yourself into leaving the game. That doesn't make it reasonable. No one can help your emo friends if they left AO. AO can stand on it's own without rebalance or graphics upgrade --- it has for the last 9 years ... the years that your friends did play the game. If it was good enough to play then, it's good enough to play now. If people find cause to leave because of something NOT implemented in the game, that's rather stupid and impatient.
    A couple of things here, as you're flying all over the place on points.

1) Serious exploits being regularly abused by a noticable number of TL7 PvPers on RK1, with nothing being done about it is a perfectly reasonable justification for leaving the game. It's one of the reasons I'm taking a break. I was tired of fighting against blatant unfair advantages. The other reasons included boredom, and a general lack of things to do since most of my friends were also taking breaks. Which leads to point 2.

2) AO cannot stand on it's own for much longer without something to shake things up. It has had a good run for 9 years, but saying that it will continue to run with no major updates is simply stupid. We don't know the numbers of frozen or cancelled accounts per month, but FC probably does. Their revenue source is down, hence the in-game store. The population of veteran players is shrinking, not growing. And I think it's fair to say that the number of new players isn't growing very quickly.

3) There's nothing new to do at endgame. If some new content is NOT implemented, are we supposed to just be happy raiding beast for the billionth time? Power creep has trivialized the endgame zones to teams of 1-4 PvM lovechild profs. No other game has seen the effects of 9 years of power creep. This game needs a change if it is going to survive much longer.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

AO can stand on it's own without rebalance or graphics upgrade --- it has for the last 9 years ... the years that your friends did play the game. If it was good enough to play then, it's good enough to play now.
    That's assuming the game as well as peoples expectations to a game haven't changed at all over the course of those 9 years...

There was a time when I thought Wolfenstein and Doom was the best there could ever be... But no one (?) would be content with the graphics and game-play in those two games compared to today's standards in similar games.

Games evolve, as do the expectations of customers.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    2011: Talking grass. Let's see it!
    I'm pretty sure flying grass was the priority mentioned in the last FWM, but talking grass would DEFINITELY make me resub for another year.

Quote Originally Posted by Lektronik View Post
    Spoken like a true fanboy. You're calling people stupid and impatient because they don't want to purchase a product that lacks certain features. LOL
    No, they already did purchase this product.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

That's assuming the game as well as peoples expectations to a game haven't changed at all over the course of those 9 years...

There was a time when I thought Wolfenstein and Doom was the best there could ever be... But no one (?) would be content with the graphics and game-play in those two games compared to today's standards in similar games.

Games evolve, as do the expectations of customers.
    They have and the game has changed quite drastically since its launch in 2001. It's now changing again to accomodate a new view of such games and how they're played, and you're whining about the change as well as requesting it?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    No, they already did purchase this product.
    Are purchasing this product, and perhaps in the future will purchase it again.

People are saying "look, Means said they won't sell 'rare' loot which tokens and VP aren't so there's no problem and we can feel safe and secure that lead bots and such will never be sold." Back when Paid Points (now renamed Funcom Points) were first added we were assured it will never allow us to buy power or advantages in game, it would just be for social stuff.

VP, tokens, levels and the like do provide at least some degree of advantages to make your char more powerful. So since they went back on their original statement there's no reason to feel certain that anything and everything else may not eventually end up in that shop at some point.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast