Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - November 26th, 2010 - Spreadsheet Assault

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    I disagree with absolutely every single thing you just said. Right from the need to apologize for the balance work not coming when expected all the way to the end. Does your post represent the kind of feeback you feel that I am supposed to take seriously? "Kill ALL twinks" "Sell 220/30/70". I don't even want to start on any of these as you are way beyond reason at this point. Do you seriously think anything that is currently available in the store gives any advantage to a new player over your current characters? You more than likely detected NW action FROM OUTSIDE THE GAME...please give us all a break here. Killing "4 players" wasn't a full team? Where to even begin?

I'm AM sorry that you received an in-game tell from a stupid person. We'll begin work on some kind of "stupid" filter immediately.
    This!
    No idea whats been posted after this post, I just had to say 'Hi-5 Means!'. Wondered how long it would take before you snapped and put someone in their place. :P People don't realize that the majority of valid feedback comes from professionals and people who are actually clued. Not the 'omg, things r change! /ragequit' noobs.

Means gained massive respect points in my book from this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    I'm certain it could be changed if we desired and saw good reason to do so. But that was not entirely what I was getting at.
    The delay is there to prevent you from logging off in a brief moment of being out of combat.
    Same reason why doing a 'quick exit' with alt-f4 twice will leave your character ingame for a while.
    My earlier comment wasn't as much about the exact value 30, but rather this value not being 0; which would be open to abuse.
    You know you could just run a 30 second timer in the background whenever people stop combat right? If people are in combat, it takes 30 seconds to log out, if they just left it also takes the full 30 seconds (or more realistically 29), if they're standing around their org's city it's instant.

I'm AM sorry that you received an in-game tell from a stupid person. We'll begin work on some kind of "stupid" filter immediately.
    Speaking of which, I think your sarcasm filter's broken. The irony filter doesn't work either but that was just a joke in the first place.
    Hello and welcome to The Internet. Please leave your common sense, decency and humanity with the doorman. Have a nice stay.

Squad Commander and resident Shade of When I Grow Up

Is your GUI getting in the way of playing AO?
    Do you want to be able to take screenshots quickly and easily without hotbars, wings and chat windows getting in the way?
    Are you getting tired of that blue colour scheme?
    Try using my Uncluttered GUI!

Quote Originally Posted by Insane666 View Post
    mainly i mean instant grid access items, wtb those dropping INGAME as promised anything giving any advantage would
    These already drop in Inner Sanctum

Quote Originally Posted by Zeephonz View Post
    C'mon Means... make the flying rocks solid objects!

I wanna see raidforces running through Pande with the tank out in front, only to see a large object come swinging in and blindside the tank, as we all wave goodbye to him as he's carried off and dropped into Omni HQ.
    This... Make the environment REALLY count!!!
    Former President of Unlimited High Society - We're recruiting 220/30/66 Eternalist Mardonge - Equip 220/25/70 Savior Bioth - Equip 220/22/64 Dictator Cratzi - Equip 220/22/58 Mogul Stressed 199/22/45 Don Riksmongo - Equip 194/19/52 Spetsnaz 176/18/42 Master 5th Dan Maofex - Equip 100/10/28 Biomare - Equip Foremans Twink ************************************************** Be vewy vewy quiet, Im hunting whinomen

Do you seriously think anything that is currently available in the store gives any advantage to a new player over your current characters?
    Here's a better question:
    How do you rationalize extending exclusive offers to people with money if they are already paying for your services?

How are these items worth any amount of real-life cash when a subscription fee is necessary to even utilize a portion of the items?

Grats Vhab

@Means:
    Can we abuse slave labor for low priority changes&bugfixes? You know that internship means nothing if person isn't overwhelmed with tasks. After all, you can still recruit Iriche if the list gets really too extensive.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshalart View Post
    This!
    Your diary should contain that thanks to Means, I mean his ignoring exploits and bad game mechanisms in game caused leaving of 10 top players, 20 frozen accounts in one week and more will leave soon or do you remember year ago? Full org left and when they came back and they saw that nothing changed they left again.
    For example, what I really hate is banning people on forum when they speak about exploits:
    People who speaks about exploits on this forum will get infraction points or ban, such people want to show that something isn't alright and it has to be fixed in before engine or balance or /rp event patch.
    But much easier is banning such decent and fair players, because "we do engine, balance and we don't have time". I remember so many threads and all were deleted, fair people got bans, etc. and of course many exploits haven't been fixed yet. I personally sent PM and email to Funcom about everything and I am sure that I wasn't alone who did it.
    Guess what happened. Nothing. None can deny these facts.
    This is why Means and his team lost respect in my eyes and in eyes of players who left AO too.
    First level 1 soldier with BOC in Anarchy Online<---[CGS] project
    Owned and killed tl1/2 NW for months, time to leave and give chance to clan "twinks".
    First trader with 100% JAME ql 141 at level30 at rk1
    Clan PVP org[1-220] in one line
    [Questra]: well i hate omnis having side xp [Questra]: but i'm afraid to spoil your fun i'm only gonna plant neutral bases at tl2 now, so you'll have to piss the neuts off if you want to zerg lowbie sites
    Darkirbiska/Darkirbis/Marburg1111/Mavherick/Irbiska/Ultimater2/Ultimater/Ilubtower and some froobs....wtb more slots [retired]

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    Just sifted through the nano docs. Yes all of them. It seems I missed all the monstrous nerfs that are going to give my poor soldiers a chance to kill anyone else inside 40 seconds with 65-80% reflects.

Did anyone else catch those nerfs?
    Maybe we are getting new emote that causes your toon to stick its virtual head between its virtual legs and kiss its own virtual arse goodbye! I might actually use paid points or whatever this is called for that.

Really? Asking someone if they expect to be taken seriously and then following on with a rant floats your boat? Just delete the things already...is being "that guy" really all of that?
    Liamboru 220 Engineer - Brianboru 220 Soldier - Padraigboru 150 Soldier - Tadghboru 60 Engineer - Cormacboru 15 Engineer
    ...and ofc, the army of buff hoes
    ------------------------------------
    PvPDood: Hey, come back and duel me again, I hardly ever get to fight a gimp like you! - Get a /tell like that and it sort of makes you want to evaluate what you thought was a twink!

Walker
    : Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy!
    Texas Ranger
    : I don't even know what that means, but I love it!

This!
    No idea whats been posted after this post, I just had to say 'Hi-5 Means!'. Wondered how long it would take before you snapped and put someone in their place. :P People don't realize that the majority of valid feedback comes from professionals and people who are actually clued. Not the 'omg, things r change! /ragequit' noobs.

It looks as childish and petulant as the original post in my book. Leave the childish and petulant stuff to us anon intarwebtr0llz Means
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

After today's Shade nano document and updated versions of ALL prevously released Nano documents there will be no documents for the next three weeks as vacation for some of the team here has been delayed and delayed...but really needs to be taken before the end of the year.
    I'm all for people taking time off as needed, but am curious as to how this might, or might not, affect the quality of the Christmas phatz & when those phatz are released.

PLEASE do not have the same issues with delays as what happened with the Halloween phatz and if there is an issue/problem, PLEASE patch it before the festivities end. To ensure a decent amount of time for everyone to get their Christmas phatz, the release date to the live servers should be no later than December 15th & last through at least January 5th.

Thank you.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    I'm all for people taking time off as needed, but am curious as to how this might, or might not, affect the quality of the Christmas phatz & when those phatz are released.

PLEASE do not have the same issues with delays as what happened with the Halloween phatz and if there is an issue/problem, PLEASE patch it before the festivities end. To ensure a decent amount of time for everyone to get their Christmas phatz, the release date to the live servers should be no later than December 15th & last through at least January 5th.

Thank you.
    and how was there a lack of time for peeps to get there halloween phatz, it was only there for like 3 weeks? just because you were in a huge hurry and needed them on october 1 does not mean anyone else had a prob getting them
    Proud Advisor of Spartans

Taskersolder Level 220 Soldier
    Taskdoc Level 220 Doc
    Jarew Level 220 NT
    Tasker1 Level 220 Fixer
    Taskcrat Level 220 Crat
    Tasky Level 220 Trader
    Taskmann Level 220 Adv
    Healer01 Level 220 Doc-semi-retired TT dispenser

New nano documents looks promising! Good work!

Since I started to play AO I also gained a few lvls inn RK4 too. Travel a lot more and work a lot more overtime. Hours I a few years ago spent on AO. Needless to say I absolutely love the new shop tool and look forward to use it

Would also like to thank you for all the little options added to the game lately. I just love options! Have to be, by far the most advanced game I ever heard about and played.

All inn all great job guys!
    Andvord, 220 Adv (retired)
    Knekt, 220/30/70 Keep (retired)
    Haavarst, 220/23 Crat
    Delifix 217 Fix
    Delivio 215 Shade
    Dilek 174 Doc
    Delisol 165 Sol
    Clown 126 Trader TL4 twink project
    Hannibal 22 Enf

Quote Originally Posted by tasker_healer View Post
    and how was there a lack of time for peeps to get there halloween phatz, it was only there for like 3 weeks? just because you were in a huge hurry and needed them on october 1 does not mean anyone else had a prob getting them
    Thank you very much for taking the most obscure route possible in reading my post & then ranting about it. My previous post had nothing to do with "me, me, me". It was about "us, us, us", as in something to benefit the AO community.

I assume you have overlooked the fact that the release of the patch for the Halloween phatz was delayed & some items did not work as intended™ or were not even released during the extended time allocated to make up for the delay. However, if you really are looking for an answer, I will make an attempt to translate your request into something understandable and answer it to the best of my ability.

People are usually near their homes for Halloween or Valentine's Day, but normally are out visiting family during Christmas (the three "real world" holidays where time limited items are available in this game). Because of that, it would be more considerate to the community for Funcom to ensure that there is some time allocated for acquiring the holiday items that is not just within the last 2 weeks of the month, when most children are out of school &/or families are on vacation to visit family outside of their normal locality, which causes the adults that play this game to not have as much free time for farming time limited items. From a roleplaying standpoint, it would also make more sense to release the items earlier during the month of December, versus extending the time further into January. Whether the player is a roleplayer or not, most people do not want to hunt for Halloween phatz in November or Christmas phatz in January or Valentine's phatz in March.
    Last edited by Tazalanche; Nov 27th, 2010 at 18:08:56.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by Darkirbiska1 View Post
    For example, what I really hate is banning people on forum when they speak about exploits:
    People who speaks about exploits on this forum will get infraction points or ban, such people want to show that something isn't alright and it has to be fixed in before engine or balance or /rp event patch.
    There's a standard policy in place for handling exploits, email them in and DO NOT Talk about them, it's quite clear, anyone who breaks that policy deserves to get infractions because they are spreading information about the exploit and thus allowing more people to use it.

I suggest you go read **FAQ** Exploits/Exploitable Bugs in Anarchy Online If you'd like more reasons and explanations of why the policy is the way it is.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    There's a standard policy in place for handling exploits, email them in and DO NOT Talk about them, it's quite clear, anyone who breaks that policy deserves to get infractions because they are spreading information about the exploit and thus allowing more people to use it.

I suggest you go read **FAQ** Exploits/Exploitable Bugs in Anarchy Online If you'd like more reasons and explanations of why the policy is the way it is.
    Lol, you are kidding me, do you really think that people don't use this email as first?
    When they sent 20+ emails and exploits are still in game after 2+ years, then there is something wrong and only way how to alert Funcom and everyone else is official forum.

If they don't fix such problems and they deny that there is problem, then it isn't exploit. Right? Then tell me why they are giving infraction points, bans and they delete whole thread if "some game mechanism" doesn't need to be fixed as exploit.
    After all I think that answer is easy: they try to cover it with such actions so they don't have to take care about it, even when they know it isn't right.
    Last edited by Darkirbiska1; Nov 27th, 2010 at 19:01:37.
    Owned and killed tl1/2 NW for months, time to leave and give chance to clan "twinks".
    [Questra]: well i hate omnis having side xp [Questra]: but i'm afraid to spoil your fun i'm only gonna plant neutral bases at tl2 now, so you'll have to piss the neuts off if you want to zerg lowbie sites
    Darkirbiska/Darkirbis/Marburg1111/Mavherick/Irbiska/Ultimater2/Ultimater/Ilubtower and some froobs....wtb more slots [retired]

We'll begin work on some kind of "stupid" filter immediately.
    Arguably the single most important game feature that could be added, aside from maybe an exploit filter. Finding a way to combine such filters would pretty much put the game in the "All Fixed" category in my opinion. These two issues make all other problems with the game seem like childs play so i'll be following the progression of this very closely. Thanks Means.
    Kira "twichy" Lii

Dragon - Yours is not the path of force, though force is often needed to clear the path.

DDAC

Quote Originally Posted by Kamarar View Post
    Here's a better question:
    How do you rationalize extending exclusive offers to people with money if they are already paying for your services?

How are these items worth any amount of real-life cash when a subscription fee is necessary to even utilize a portion of the items?
    Rationalizing that is easy: here's some extra services inside this other service. Pay to access them or don't. Very simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkirbiska1 View Post
    Lol, you are kidding me, do you really think that people don't use this email as first?
    When they sent 20+ emails and exploits are still in game after 2+ years, then there is something wrong and only way how to alert Funcom and everyone else is official forum.

If they don't fix such problems and they deny that there is problem, then it isn't exploit. Right? Then tell me why they are giving infraction points, bans and they delete whole thread if "some game mechanism" doesn't need to be fixed as exploit.
    After all I think that answer is easy: they try to cover it with such actions so they don't have to take care about it, even when they know it isn't right.
    Don't talk about it, very simple to understand, no?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Don't talk about it, very simple to understand, no?
    Quoting something, what you evidently didn't read, looks dumb or if you did then your answer looks dumb, but it wouldn't be your first such case.

^^ Stop QQing already. Doesn't your bum hurt enough from Means PWNing you?
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    ^^ Stop QQing already. Doesn't your bum hurt enough from Means PWNing you?
    With word "pwning" you mean denying facts, which can't be infirm by anyone and much better is ignoring them and rather even don't answering on them? Yes, it hurts me and my friends for more than 1 year.
    Reason they left AO.

BTW, serious question for Means (for a change).

I'm concerned about the game performance with the upcoming graphics engine change.

Few days ago, I got "come back" invitation for AoC. I took the offer and I was unpleasantly surprised how awful game performs in combination with "only" 4 GB of RAM and Windows 7 (64 bit, if it makes any difference), compared to what it used to be on Windows XP, with the same RAM amount (a year ago?).

Is AO expected to experience the same problems on my hardware/software setup (hey, I expect it to actually run faster and less sluggish, pretty please), or is this engine going to be more "lightweight" in comparison to current AoC one?
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast