Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - November 26th, 2010 - Spreadsheet Assault

That depends if Vhab knows the difference from the term "skinning" and 3D term "mesh deformation", but since he is at a "scholar state" , i bump for you :P . Just pm me again if you have questions about 3D.

Dont remove bumps!!
    Last edited by Zonax; Nov 26th, 2010 at 18:22:09. Reason: if this is personal keep it that way please.

Quote Originally Posted by Macrosun View Post
    Movement keys work fine with new characters on my accounts / installations, and i just deleted my whole prefs folder to make doubly sure. The movement keys are all there by default on any old character or new character i create.

I am guessing the people who have issues are using custom UIs that mess with the key bind settings.
    I haven't tested this myself yet as I won't be home for some hours yet, but a custom GUI messing with key bindings seems odd. I wouldn't have expected key inputs in the client going to the game server to have anything to do with GUI files.
    This is my disillusioned, cynical and lazy Engi rights activist account.
    Quitter092 Placard holder
    Ophiuchus 220/30/70
    Bombqueen 75 frewb
    Lots of random non engis.

Until pets behave reliably, their stats are irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
    Hey Vhab, are u going to fix the major security flaw that the launcher is?
    like no more clear text passwords?
    Implying we'd still use the launcher to login

But regarding that 'security' flaw.
    If an app is able to read that, your PC already is compromised and there's dozens of other ways to steal sensitive information at that point.
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by vhab View Post
    ohai!

I've met quite a few of you at the fan event in september.
    What i didn't tell most of you was i didn't fly back and started as a programmer next week

i'm glad i've been given the opportunity to work on ao and contribute directly to the community i've been part of for all these years.
    ++ ++ ++
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old maintainer and hoster of Helpbot, Xyphos, AO Minecraft Server, AO Devs
    Old dictator on Atlantean

No offense means, but where is your priority atm? Engine? Rebalance? Newbie-Experience?
    It looks a bit like doing everything at the same time, ending up with a big mess.
    But thats just my point of view from my warm chair at home with my bottle of beer....
    Happy employee of the Omni Tek corporation.
    I am destruction. I am creation. I am Engineer.
    Free Tradeskill Services on RK1. Includes AI Armor.

AOMover | AwesOme Script
    Open Source Licenses, enjoy your freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Jerusha View Post
    No offense means, but where is your priority atm? Engine? Rebalance? Newbie-Experience?
    It looks a bit like doing everything at the same time, ending up with a big mess.
    But thats just my point of view from my warm chair at home with my bottle of beer....
    All different kinds of people doing different things
    Halting the rebalance won't speed up the new engine, etc.
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Vhab! You should implement !points into the raid interface ^^

For reals though, nice to see some new blood spilled on the development. I'm hoping this is a sign of the game getting more profitable, the dev team increasing in size and the game getting some new life.

I still think, however.. you all should've gone for AO2, instead of trying to revamp this one so completely. Or maybe this will serve as good training?

Quote Originally Posted by sukas View Post

I still think, however.. you all should've gone for AO2, instead of trying to revamp this one so completely. Or maybe this will serve as good training?
    AO2? last i checked we are in version 18.4.1. :P But without joke = Thats why massive online game is different
    from single player game.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Darkirbiska1 View Post
    /facepalm, people, who already know AO and AO team, knew that you won't finish your job in time, so at least you don't have to apologize to everyone.

I don't know, but it looks like really old phrase, like from 2008?

Excellent feedback? I saw only whines about what the hell are you doing again? Aka MR thread or in game Item shop, selling veteran items, tokens, VPs, levels, xp, etc.
    This game lost everything thanks to such effort, it is only about money nothing more.
    Btw when are you planning selling 220/30/70 with endgame armor and symbs? Probably soon and getting more money from people through Paid points is probably more important than everything else.
    You are on the way to make from Anarchy online new game called Noob trox online.
    Do you ask me why?
    1. MR, it is better than old mr after what you removed negative effects after use.
    2. Why Noob?
    a) your planned "balance" act will kill all twinks, which were made since SL/LE expansion.
    b) your super paid point system aka "Do you have money? go and buy what you want."
    I logged a few days ago only for 5 mins, when I saw some notum war action and after killing 4 people with full expansion I got this tell:

Instead of thinking about how to make twinks, how AO mechanisms work, people in AO rather pay for everything and if they don't have knowledge about AO, they can call only more similar noobs and this game works that one twink can't kill team of such lazy people or your best pvp level range.
    This is your way, AO is losing veteran players and you are getting more clueless people from WoW, but this is what you want, because WoW people will pay for every ****** and they don't want to work hard for their setups, skills, items, etc. (aka item shop).
    I disagree with absolutely every single thing you just said. Right from the need to apologize for the balance work not coming when expected all the way to the end. Does your post represent the kind of feeback you feel that I am supposed to take seriously? "Kill ALL twinks" "Sell 220/30/70". I don't even want to start on any of these as you are way beyond reason at this point. Do you seriously think anything that is currently available in the store gives any advantage to a new player over your current characters? You more than likely detected NW action FROM OUTSIDE THE GAME...please give us all a break here. Killing "4 players" wasn't a full team? Where to even begin?

I'm AM sorry that you received an in-game tell from a stupid person. We'll begin work on some kind of "stupid" filter immediately.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Jerusha View Post
    Different parts of the team are working in different areas. Engine people on the Engine. A couple designers on the rebalance work. Another couple on the Newbie experience.

It is many different areas and I do feel scattered at times. But dedicating all resources to a single one of these efforts would not neccesarily speed up any of them unfortunately.

I'll envy you your beer and warm chair for now
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Vhab is soooo lucky!! I envy you so much hehe :P

Btw, nice idea to post all the nano changes in same post.

so please keep up the good work, cancel rebalancing and put the manpower into the "stupid" ingame filter =)

na, but honestly - i really like 90% of what's happening to ao in the last time. lots of progress and lots of great stuff... why kill it by trying to make it another game.
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    You know those 30 seconds are there for a reason right? :P
    Lol am I being dense?... erm... to stop people playing the Hokey Cokey & melting the logon server?

<Haggle>How about 15 seconds, can you go to 15? </Haggle>

Interesting enfo nano changes btw, hmm, I'd quite like to try it all out.

Were we getting ME/Piercing perks btw?

Two questions: Masochist Force, basically if we get hit our team gets % chance of a dmg buff? When using the elements lines have a proc to dot our target, the higher our MM (doh!) skill, the nastier the dot?

When are we likely to find out our RS solution to catch ppl in PvP? Do our professionals have an idea? ... I hope it still means I can get to a mob 1st to tank stuff even with ranged users throwing ASs & FAs around pulling the target...
    Troxxor - Atrox Enforcer - My Ganker [Target]
    Slights - Solitus Enforcer - My Tanker [Target]

Loyal General of Ascension
    www.clan-ascension.org
    Rimor | Clan
    Significant Alts: SlightChange | Bokken | Takken

Just sifted through the nano docs. Yes all of them. It seems I missed all the monstrous nerfs that are going to give my poor soldiers a chance to kill anyone else inside 40 seconds with 65-80% reflects.

Did anyone else catch those nerfs?

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    I disagree with absolutely every single thing you just said. Right from the need to apologize for the balance work not coming when expected all the way to the end. Does your post represent the kind of feeback you feel that I am supposed to take seriously? "Kill ALL twinks" "Sell 220/30/70". I don't even want to start on any of these as you are way beyond reason at this point. Do you seriously think anything that is currently available in the store gives any advantage to a new player over your current characters? You more than likely detected NW action FROM OUTSIDE THE GAME...please give us all a break here. Killing "4 players" wasn't a full team? Where to even begin?

I'm AM sorry that you received an in-game tell from a stupid person. We'll begin work on some kind of "stupid" filter immediately.

theres more then just a few ppl who would disagree with you here, yes: there are items in the item shop wich give an advantage to those that pay extra over those that wont,,, mainly i mean instant grid access items, wtb those dropping INGAME as promised anything giving any advantage would

complete diff discussion are the lvl boosts, token and vp items, theres lots of ppl that take such things as a slap to the face, it might not be gamebreaking, but putting something like this w.o any disscussion or heads up to the player base ( few days aint heads up ) was ought to cause panic on forums,,,,

couldnt be so hard to imagine
    The most obvious MB on Rubi-Ka
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Insane699 ( 164/22 ) Solitus Trader Insane969 ( 150/20 ) S10 Trox Smurf

Omni-Tek
    Hells Hero for a decade, now a Punk
    spreading insanity all over rk, since 2005

Work on the professions nano documents has been going well but at this point I think it is important to say clearly that we are not going to complete and test this work before Christmas.
    I remember questions for Means.....
    Question 1.: Balance this year ?
    Means: Yes
    Question 2: New engine this year ?
    Means: No...1 quarter 2011

So atm it looks like more:
    Q: Balance ?
    Means: Next year
    Q: Engine ?
    Means: Maybe second half of 2011 or maybe 2012

Btw. with balance I mean full balance = nanos+perks+etc
    -o--oOo--o--
    Yama*007
    -o--oOo--o--

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingrage View Post
    And another MP player....heh. Geez we have a really bad habit, don't we?
    I remember him as the Keeper going "I tank!" at one of those 100+ people vhanet beast raids.. only to go splat 2 seconds later.

Good times

Quote Originally Posted by EIS View Post
    I remember questions for Means.....
    Question 1.: Balance this year ?
    Means: Yes
    Question 2: New engine this year ?
    Means: No...1 quarter 2011

So atm it looks like more:
    Q: Balance ?
    Means: Next year
    Q: Engine ?
    Means: Maybe second half of 2011 or maybe 2012

Btw. with balance I mean full balance = nanos+perks+etc
    Yup. i remember this to clear as day!

We got the Pandemonium sky up and running and proper this week for the first time...I'm sure you can imagine how excited we all were...that is an amazing number of flying rocks!
    Btw, i now hope the flying rocks are looping fluently ; the loop we got now is skipping from last to first frame in a strange instajump, with huge blocks teleporting randomly all over
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast