Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ICC Space Station

ICC Space Station

ICC Space Station

Pictures like this defiantly make me want to chill on a space station.

•An all-indoor dungeon, without mobs (except for maybe a few level 1 thugs in a forgotten cargo bay).
    •Players would see ships docking and leaving (ie: watching a ship through a window approach the station, then flying through a force field wall in the bay.)
    •Many windows, half of which have a view of rubi-ka.
    •Notum containers being launched from the surface might be seen from one side of the station(?)
    •Maybe the new character creation could be seen from a few windows. (ie: NPC "new arrivals" boarding a ship that disappears in the distance, or real players, whatever is possible)
    •A Station lounge would be great.
    •A promenade, with various venders. (im thinking DS9)
    •Even if it were a small zone to explore, the point is it would be in space! That’s all that matters. Its a sci-fi game after all, and there isn't one bit of OuterSpace in it.

Story Explanation:
    •The ICC's presence on rubi-ka could now be seen in space.
    and
    Its the first thing you see in character creation for crying out loud, what more reason do you need to make a space station zone?

It’s the setting, and the little details that make it so great. It’s a crane moving cargo around, the little cleaning droids, station-announcements in a muffled voice you can understand, an NPC drinking at table in the back, NPCs boarding and unloading from transports. Its just fun to be around. To be immersed in a station atmosphere.

/wishful thinking
    ReetHead "Karrd"
    First to "hand make" Custom Refs.
    President of the late Fixer Coalition
    Member of Storm
    Impatiently waiting to enter the shadow

Thumbs up

Yes I would love it. Make it like a little city (Jobe) with high ql shops and stuff on it. Allow us to buy very good armor and weapons on it. New and high ql refined imps and clusters etc. All kinds of new stuff and maybe some new stuff you only can buy on this spacestation and never find anywhere else on rubika.

Give us some kind of new transportation system. As an example put some spaceships at several places on rubika like the ferry. With a terminal in front which teleports us to the spacestation. It should cost a little more like about 100-500k creds to use the terminal, cause a we have to fly to the stars.

Make the "spacestation city" a 100% gas zone and put very strong and fat red ICC Guards on it with some kind of very new armor and weapons wearing. They should look like spacerangers.

Wow I would love to see a "spacestation city" in this game. This would be a very good and new booster pack and I'm willing to pay for it!
    You do it cause you have to do it - but you don't do it cause you want to do it.

Ditto. Big ditto.
    k- This message has been reviewed by intrusive goons searching for "evil-doers".

OK...decent idea....

Try playing Eve when it comes out. Space MMORPG.

ah, but you can't walk around on the space stations in EVE
    and E&B has clunky graphics/meshes
    ReetHead "Karrd"
    Member of Storm

The idea is great. There's only one minor problem - nanomages can't get off the planet.

If ICC thinks ahead they can incorporate Notum in the life support systems allowing Notum to be part of the artificial atmosphere in the station. Then nanomages could walk about freely on the station.

Spacestations are a great idea for all races! I'll bump this!

BUMP!!!!
    "This town needs an enema!" The Joker, Jack Nicholson.

" I think I'll perplex him with my slowball" Bugs Bunny

Originally posted by Whitesand
    Yes I would love it. Make it like a little city (Jobe) with high ql shops and stuff on it. Allow us to buy very good armor and weapons on it. New and high ql refined imps and clusters etc. All kinds of new stuff and maybe some new stuff you only can buy on this spacestation and never find anywhere else on rubika.

Nah make it like a Import shop... SoL stuff , executioners, guns, MA suits... And other companies to.
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

nanomages can't get off the planet, true, and funcom will have to explain this.
    ReetHead "Karrd"
    Member of Storm

Originally posted by Karrd
    lol....

i'd just refer u to the notum cannons in clon**** north...why can't we live in mid-high orbit?
    Blue Steel(TM)

E 86% - S 60% - A 33% - K 20%
    http://www.andreasen.org/bartle/

SL upgraded oct 10, 2003

RK2 - Derek"Rayfield" Zoolander
    RK2 - "Umeshiso" Maki
    RK2 - Sylvester "Code187" Vallone

btw, about the space station and import shops....

30k years from now....we'll still have punch-buggies.

i want a cherry red one direct from earth. nothing like visiting harry's bronto keep in a cherry red punch-buggy. with a big sprayed-on 8-ball on it's roof.
    Blue Steel(TM)

SL upgraded oct 10, 2003

RK2 - "Umeshiso" Maki

Recorded holograms? Notice that you never move around as a nanomage at the space station.

Cool

The Notum field extends some distance from the planet? Notum dust is ferried in and distributed via the air conditioning? Nanomages can get short term Notum implants? Any number of other straight forward or bizzare explanations?
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Originally posted by Blix
    What are "punch-buggies"?
    volkswagen bugs.

i remember someone in vancouver would actually put a small porsche engine into his bug, and about $20k extras in it just for fun....

damn...for the price of making a "super-bug", i'd rather just get a land rover defender 110 and drive over the bug. =P

(btw, land rover defender one-ten is one of the basic brit army jeeps. hella fine set of wheels. personal pref for this over the civilian model hummer)
    Blue Steel(TM)

SL upgraded oct 10, 2003

RK2 - "Umeshiso" Maki

Bah! I hate the instant teleportation! As long as we are going for the sci fi thing they should implement ships that take you to the place. Just some zone that doesn't actually move but it has dynamic scenery like shaking every once in awhile and being able to see space streaking by through the windows. This in my opinion would be the ultimate shiznit that I have ever seen.

I would spend lots of money just to fly on one of those ships and take a nice vacation on a space station.

I have another idea for the space station. It would be extremely hard to control every little section of the station. Maybe there should be some "forgotten" areas that some clans hang out in? Actually that would be racist against the clans. How about space pirates that are living deep in the station. Maybe the ICC could give missions to clean out space pirates. I would like this better than Jobe. Jobe sounds cool and all with the floating-ness but it just wouldn't have the same feel to it.

Bah! I hate the instant teleportation! As long as we are going for the sci fi thing they should implement ships that take you to the place. Just some zone that doesn't actually move but it has dynamic scenery like shaking every once in awhile and being able to see space streaking by through the windows. This in my opinion would be the ultimate shiznit that I have ever seen.
    exactly
    ReetHead "Karrd"
    Member of Storm

Originally posted by Cz

Recorded holograms? Notice that you never move around as a nanomage at the space station.
    ok, you can call those holograms and get away with it, but what about the last screen. The player just created an Atrox Doctor, and he is standing there ready to bord a transport to Rubi-ka. What if I create a nanomage doctor? What then? I'll see a nanomage standing there on the station, and there will infact be a nanomage off the planet!

Last edited by Karrd; Oct 20th, 2002 at 06:28:03.

As far as I remember, it doesn't state that Nanomages CAn't go off planet, it states that Nanomages cant live in an enviroment that isn't infused with notum, so they are stuck on Rubi-ka. This is subtly different. It means that while you couldnt walk around another planet as a Nanomage, you could enter specially maintained enviroments (after all, I seem to remember something about a Nanomage being moved to do some research on Omni-Prime? could be wrong about that)

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Originally posted by reality
    The idea is great. There's only one minor problem - nanomages can't get off the planet.
    Too bad for them
    I want this!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast