Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Request for Community help - AO & Awesomonium Now Working In Wine

Did you have corefonts installed? Lack of those at least caused it to crash.
    There was a patch which was needed for Wine 1.3.7 or some such, but that was already fixed in later builds.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    Sweet, did you have to do any special patching to get that done and which Wine version is it?
    I can get the in-game store to open using Wine 1.5.3 (later than that has rendering problems) with only the raw3.patch which enables mouse look/steer.

Every so often, I get an all-white screen when opening the in-game store, but I think that's network related. If I close and re-open the in-game store, the store page appears.

Same with the GMI.
    Froobalicious General of Barador Arin.

-- Playing AO for six years, still a nuub gimp, and proud of it!

Just tried with Wine 1.5.8 on Ubuntu 12.04.
    I used Wine's PPA from Launchpad. I didn't try to compile it myself, so obviously the mouse look didn't work.

I had also corefonts installed via Synaptic. It can be installed with Winetricks as well.

With those the in-game store worked quite fine.

Next, I tried to uninstall the corefonts.
    Now the Awesomium crashes when I attempt to open the in-game store.

FYI to all Linux/Mac users. As of version 1.5.13, Wine no longer needs any patches to run AO. In-game store and mouse look and steer both work without need for any special patching.

I will be cross posting this to the other two threads.
    Froobalicious General of Barador Arin.

-- Playing AO for six years, still a nuub gimp, and proud of it!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678