Thread: Laptop Recommendations

Question Laptop Recommendations

I am looking to update my old desktop and replacing it with a laptop. Besides playing Anarchy Online, I want to play all the latest game releases.

When playing Anarchy Online I often start multiple AO clients (multi-box) logging on with different accounts. I can connect up to 6-7 accounts before response is unbearable. I have heard of players with newer PCs having issue doing this and rather not have the problem.

Other requirements include nice keyboard with numpad, 15/17 inch monitor, and reliable. I am looking to spend $1500 – $2000 but less would be better

With this in mind, I looked around the internet and eventually took a trip to Best Buy to look at a few. He is the two laptops I am considering.

Any thoughts or recommendations are appreciated.
    Last edited by JungleGeorgeRK2; Sep 4th, 2012 at 19:22:00.

While I never recommend gaming on laptops, so I don't know of any specific machines, I'd say the Asus. Because it's cheaper and significantly more powerful. And Asus in general just makes good stuff. You could take a look at MSI, they also make some rather powerful laptops, but they look terrible...
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

We've had Asus, and never regretted it.

alienware 14x i've got a few month ago...runs AO great and any recent uptodate game with no problem on high to very high graphic settings.
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

As far as gaming laptops go, I've played on 3 or 4 different Toshiba Qosmio Laptops. they definitely have the guts to play almost any game at its peak resolution/gfx level. pretty reliable all together.
    Dbkeeper - Dbtwohe - Dbtech

www.legendsrk.webs.com

Do yourself a favour and drop the spinning disk for a ssd. While I dont game on my 5 year old laptop it made it look like new for anything else.
    For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong. - H.L. Mencken