Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stupid Stuff

Game bugs

NanoDelta <----- I think thats thats the skill of the Cluster.
    Icon: BLUE QUESTION MARK

HealthDelta <------- I think thats the skill of another cluster.
    ICON: BLUE QUESTION MARK

Whats up with that, can you link to an ICON?

ADVANCED/Superior SPECIALTY SHOP:
    I step inside to find Funrniture (this is ok, it is a specialty shop), but I find a COMPUTER TERMINAL that sells Low level CRUD you can find in any BASIC STORE. And instead of changing the QL to match the Level of the store or removing this terminal to place the TRADER term in its place, you rework and leave?

Said this before Ill restate:

BIOMECH ARMOR this was reworked sometime back, now everyone who wears gets the TreatMent / FirstAide Boost.

Last line in DESCRIPTION: 'enhances the medical skills of a Doctor'

I try and Equip an ITEM from inside of a Bag. Instead of telling me something like 'You cannot use this from inside a bag' it says 'This item requires a Computer DECK'

NanoRegen Kits / Treatment LAbs / First Aide Stims....you increased the drop rate of these in mission loot table for chests. Problem is that they DONT STACK with eachother and We still cant stack STORE BOUGHT nanoKits or TREATMENT labs.

This is just a question: I remember once carrying 10000 bullets and being so slow do to encumberance that I had to drop a bunch of them. There is still a like in the STATS area for Weight Limit, Is this no longer used?

New content is nice dont get me wrong, but can you put a few people on a crew to FIX things that are already wrong in game?
    Last edited by Kaliopious (old); Oct 15th, 2002 at 05:18:10.

Re: Stupid Stuff

Originally posted by GreyBear
    ADVANCED/Superior SPECIALTY SHOP:
    I step inside to find Funrniture (this is ok, it is a specialty shop), but I find a COMPUTER TERMINAL that sells Low level CRUD you can find in any BASIC STORE. And instead of changing the QL to match the Level of the store or removing this terminal to place the TRADER term in its place, you rework and leave?
    This is just a question: I remember once carrying 10000 bullets and being so slow do to encumberance that I had to drop a bunch of them. There is still a like in the STATS area for Weight Limit, Is this no longer used?
    Those same shops carry Yalms. I would hate the thought that they would be restricted to match the level of the store. But, maybe when I get to 200, I'll have the IP to fly around in a QL 200 yalm. I guess I can dream.

My recollection is that encumbrance was pretty bugged (i.e., taking one thing out of a bag and placing it in your main inventory would render you virtually unable to move until you zoned/logged out). My guess is that they determined that just getting rid of weight altogether was an expeditious way to solve what was evidently somewhat of a thorny issue. All I can say is that I'm pretty happy with that decision, compared to what it was like having to empty and reload bags and/or zone every time I did something with my inventory.

No one said RESTRICTED, the Computer TERM should be the lvl of the STORE ie ADVANCED or SUPERIOR cause if your buying a YALM u dont need a ql6 NCU.

My point is that I've purchased a number of Yalms in these shops. All the ones I've bought are in the QL 30's range. I've even camped shops to wait for them to pop in that QL.

But, I guess what you are saying is that you'd like *some* booths to be in the appropriate QL, but others not?

Guess u can say that but ql30 is the ql of some items you would find in an AdVanced Shop. Ql30 Implant Blanks Ql30 TreatmentLabs

What Im saying about the Specialty Shops is there is nothing Special about the ComputerTerm, its a BASIC TOOLS term in any BASIC STORE, so get it out of there or atleast increase the ql

Also: O.E.T. Co. Vegetable Urban Sniper (its a pistol)

It boosts:
    Melee. Init. 30
    Ranged Init. 30

Hmm, I might have missed something somewhere.

Also the Map Upgrade for Machines, sure is nice it shows me the Store Terms inside the store or in areas but why doesnt it show me the GRID POINT or Mission TERMs, or BANKS?

Why does 2Ho have so much REALESTATE and when they added the other whompa awhile back they just didnt go ahead and move it further out to , I dont know, STOP CROWDING the area?

2Ho has two RECLAIM pads and Terms where is the INSURANCE TERMINAL?
    Last edited by Kaliopious (old); Oct 15th, 2002 at 05:18:59.

Why is it I dont ever see a line:
    'Skilled Clan TRADER has Fumbled'?

Why is it that NPCs can cast a program and get 2 attacks right after it or even sometimes during it?

Why is it that some NPCs get a CRIT every shot?

Maybe it is just me, but have you ever died to:
    'You have been hit for 137 points of damage'
    No attacker no damage type and its not just 1 line its several about 1 second or 2 seconds apart.
    Last edited by GreyBear; Oct 15th, 2002 at 06:35:12.

Maybe youve seen this:

'Please wait'

look familiar? It seems way to common for me, as a DOC trying to use a healprog during a battle. Hadnt seen this before last patch, except maybe back during the SparklingFreedomArms3927 problems, but that was a long time ago and to fix a SUPPOSED EXPLOIT. Guess Docs are exploiting their HealProgs now. That would be a crying shame, I can see it now:

'FunCom fix the Docs, During PvP they can Heal. Fix them Now or Im Quitting. Whaa whaaa whaaa. Fix the Doc Heals so they cant use them, its an EXPLOIT.'

Oh the horror.

Not sure about anyone else but when Im taking on a Boss Camp and the underlings, I press a Prog, I get an Executing line and a Execution Bar but once its full I get nothing and Bar stays. Ive gotten upto 5 Incompleted progs with bars on the screen at one time during these battles. I also lose Nanos during this, to get them to cast I have to recast and reuse Nanos. This is a time consuming and Nano Costly problem.
    It has something specifically to do with the Boss MoB. No affliction progs are being cast on me by him, its something aparently in the coding(My opinion, and its not worth much)
    Last edited by GreyBear; Oct 16th, 2002 at 20:45:08.

Well as some have pointed out:

Why is it if I just missed the NPC, do I get hit by its damage SHIELD?

Your gonna say because I got close enough to hitting them that the shield hit me.

So why is it when I hit an NPC without a Damage shield, they double over or stumble, give off the Ummff sound as if hit, and it returns a message that I missed?

>> Why is it that some NPCs get a CRIT every shot?

Well, if you're fighting NPC traders for example, and you're getting crit'ed a lot, might be because your duck-exp evade is too low (since that's what shotguns use, and NPC traders use shotguns).

>> Why is it that NPCs can cast a program and get 2 attacks right after it or even sometimes during it?

I noticed this one too... on the note of NPCs casting, I wonder why it becomes increasingly difficult to interrupt an NPCs casting (I play an MA, levels 1-30 it was trivial to interrupt a green MOB's casting). After level 60, interrupting green MOBs is an extremely rare occurrence, even if I hit them for 4 or 5 times during their casting; haven't even seen it happen on yellows or higher since level 30 or thereabouts.

I figure its something like a hidden attribute we all have.

ChancetoInterupt Modifier (Lvl-(2*MobLevel) IF negative NOCHANCE
    ChancetoFumble Modifier (Lvl*2) If Double Lvl then chance is 80% or if NT chance it 95%
    ChancetobeInterupted Modifier (Hmm who knows) if Health is low and casting is a heal 100%

You might be right on the DUCK just seems stupid to me that a Skilled Clan Sharpshooter in one room Crits me everytime, where as in the next room 1 out or 2 or 3 times and in the Next room same QL mob again 1 out of 10 times.

But then wouldnt that make the Description for DUCK-EXP wrong?

-The Duck skill is the one used to determine if you are hit by a thrown weapon. But also your chance to aviod high explosives.

Shotgun, neither thrown nor a HIGH EXPLOSIVE like CHESTS or DOORS
    Last edited by GreyBear; Oct 20th, 2002 at 09:37:16.

Why do I own two of the Same NANO Crystals needing the same requirements but two different QLs? Why dont they just drop the QL line off these.

Why make something Unique if you can only wear / use one at a time?

I mean if you have to meet the Requirements to use it.

Like the Flurry of Blows comes to mind.. Is it still Unique?

I remember when the MA attacks were Unique, how STUPID was that? And it was hell to get the UNIQUE tag dropped.

The Reflect Bracer comes to mind, and its slotted. Meaning you can only wear ONE OF THEM. But if you find a ql40(I think this is the right QL) it requires TitleLevel 3 to wear but TitleLevel 3 is lvl 50. So to pick it up for later use, u must destroy the one u are wearing.

How did they get the FurBall of Fun into the tiny crevices of the Doors?

I found out why NANORESIST doesnt work, and does work.

I was looking thru the Doc Programs and I found this program to BOOST NanoResist. I thought YEAH buddy. Well here is the kicker, when cast it raises Disease AC.

So I figure, this must be like what they did to the MAs originally. Weve all been raising the wrong Skill, or in this case AC, to get NanoResists.

Oh, and just for kicks I sent this Prog in some time back and was told it would be looked into, guess what? NOT YET.

Originally posted by GreyBear
    But then wouldnt that make the Description for DUCK-EXP wrong?

-The Duck skill is the one used to determine if you are hit by a thrown weapon. But also your chance to aviod high explosives.

Shotgun, neither thrown nor a HIGH EXPLOSIVE like CHESTS or DOORS
    The shotguns are throwing pellets at you very very fast
    --Rookie Teh "Wobble" Sux----------------------- AKA-----------------------Pirate "Ninjapirate" Dog--
    -+Legion+-
    WTB ATI T&L fix, h8 D3D.

heheh 1 pellet at a time

hmm hard to plan attacks using OOC to rally the masses when a Clan can get the use of OT OOC if he is in the Omni Zone. Odd, very odd. OT meaning OmniTek, strange.

On the subject of Unique items, can you have mission won uniques appear in an overflow box or something. I did a mission for a new Flurry of Blows, but when I completed the mission I didn't get anything because I already had one. My intention was to delete the one I had and get the new one from the overflow box, where I assumed it would go. Bad idea. I had to find a new mission and try again.

That would be nice also. Ive even had problems where the mission reward was a Unique Item and the Find Item was the Item I was going for, but because I had the Unique it wouldnt even let me in the mission.

Big question:

Why is the Flurrys UNIQUE? it can be used in 3 different slots. Has a recharge timer? This would be helpful if not UNIQUE in case your RANSACKED and need to use. You could carry three of varying QL.
    Last edited by GreyBear; Oct 28th, 2002 at 04:23:43.

Why is it that I have the MAp Galway County installed twice, according to my maps list?

Why dont the Alphabetize them?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast