Thread: Q: game packs and expansions change the game. What about lvl200s.

Q: game packs and expansions change the game. What about lvl200s.

Hi,
    Im not lvl200 yet. but i can see a problem that might pop up. If you lvl200 currently in the game, you dont have any points in ground vehicles. But when notum wars comes out. it changed the game to where ground vehicles are an option.

1) So, what does a lvl200 do?
    -If he has any ipr's left. he can adjust
    -that part of the game, is not an option for you.

2) how many expansions or booster packs, will it take before every lvl 200 runs out of ipr's?
    -if you dont include iprs in your expansion and booster packs, eventually you will run out and not be able to adjust fully to the new items and requirement for those items in the game.

Dont get me wrong the notum war expansion pack looks cool. and i love the new features added. I just see some lvl 200 being left out in the cold because they cant lvl anymore.

Can someone from Funcom address this issue. Plz
    That way everyone knows what to expect when you reach the pinnacle in the game. lvl200.
    Last edited by Odian102; Oct 11th, 2002 at 20:29:43.
    Omni Trader on RK2

a few pointers

just thought i would point out if the reqs for the new vechiles are the same as old ie 100ish for a ql 30 yalm any 200 lvl peep will have it easy.

second point doh more implants to change

3rd them damn 200 chars are uber enough let em walk

well he got a point though

there will be changes to the basic gameplay coming.

i am refering to the hinted at nt boost that allows them to get by without a weapon and the scope nerf around the board.

this not only affects the skills you invested into to get the scope on for instance but puts an entire weapon line (fast hitting ones) up for further consideration. it is entirely possible that non mas who banked on fast hitting weapons need to reskill now.

if you played around with your ip reset skills or missed the total reset these changes throw you off track and it is only a question of time until you run out of points.

it would be nice if you could trade in something xp or tokens or what have you to get another reset point at lvl 200 (no i am not 200 by a long shot just my opinion).
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

No, he does have a point. That's probably why Cz has said that another full IPR is coming down the pipe. I wouldn't be surprised to see them wait until Shadowlands, but I think you can expect an IPR before too long.

heh We'd better... I really think we should be given a quest that awards some reset points everytime you complete it.

ATM IMHO lvl200's should get infinite IPR points.. what else is there to do? They should get to play around with different setups as a reward for being 200.
    --Rookie Teh "Wobble" Sux----------------------- AKA-----------------------Pirate "Ninjapirate" Dog--
    -+Legion+-
    WTB ATI T&L fix, h8 D3D.

rather interesting as i read just yesterday that in EQs latest expansion which was just released they increased the highest level possible from 60-65 Obviously EQ is trying to stay ahead of AO hopefully AO will follow suit soon and try and get ahead
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

level 200 people have an insane amount of ip.. running out of it shouldn't be too much of a problem, especially with 15 ipr points.
    No matter where I go, there I am.

Re: a few pointers

Originally posted by drcourage
    just thought i would point out if the reqs for the new vechiles are the same as old ie 100ish for a ql 30 yalm any 200 lvl peep will have it easy.

second point doh more implants to change

3rd them damn 200 chars are uber enough let em walk
    In the current database the req's for the new vehicles are much higher, at least for the Yalmaha's. They are also much more expensive and seems mostly aimed at cred dupers.
    Dominata
    Member of THM

New yalms

To those who didn't listen to longshot's interview on gridstream last Sunday, the yalm are supposed to be rare. hey don't want everybody to fly around in one, so they will make it "hard" to come by and "hard" to use.

Re: New yalms

Originally posted by Zicos
    To those who didn't listen to longshot's interview on gridstream last Sunday, the yalm are supposed to be rare. hey don't want everybody to fly around in one, so they will make it "hard" to come by and "hard" to use.
    If that is the case why do they emphasize the new vehicles, as it is now it's almost the only thing that people care about.
    Talk about shallow thinking, FC is really not thinking longterm here. If the content of the booster is not within reach for the average player to enjoy there will be a ****storm that will make the 12.6 debacle pale in comparison.
    Dominata
    Member of THM

Originally posted by Diddykong
    level 200 people have an insane amount of ip.. running out of it shouldn't be too much of a problem, especially with 15 ipr points.
    wrong
    ~Lone

Re: Re: New yalms

Originally posted by Dominata
    If the content of the booster is not within reach for the average player to enjoy there will be a ****storm that will make the 12.6 debacle pale in comparison.
    Get in an org then. The main content is The Notum Wars, not the Fast and the Furious on Rubi-Ka.
    -- Falling never killed anyone, its always the landing.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    RK-1
    |OT|
    Telgi-61 Solitus Enforcer
    Gauf-31 Nanomage Doctor
    Saruzi- -=128=- Opifex Nano-Technician.
    Manstien-44 Solitus Soldier

Re: Re: Re: New yalms

Originally posted by Saruzi

Get in an org then. The main content is The Notum Wars, not the Fast and the Furious on Rubi-Ka.
    LoL. This is the third of your posts that misses the point by a mile if not more. Why do you even bother spamming here? You must be one of the worst excuses for a fanboi I've seen in a long time.

FYI, I'm in an org, last time I checked I was the leader of an org that consists of 120 members. This doesn't stop me from being concerned of how a new subscriber or one who maybe does not want to be in an org will react to the booster. I love this game and want it to succeed but I fear that FC is making a big mistake with the booster, they should have held off and included it in Shadowlands instead as they originally intended.

If you are dyslectic I sincerely apologise to you, if you're not you should get a grip.
    But I have to hand it to you, you make me laugh...hehe.
    Dominata
    Member of THM

Quest/mission

I really like the quest suggestion for iprs... that way they wouldn't ever have to give a full ip reset, since you could just correct your mistakes, or thiers (in regards to skill setups anyway) with a little bit of work, or maybe a lot. Although having infinite ipr doesn't seem too bad... it doesn't really hurt anything, and you don't get more ips, so I can't see how it would upset any balance or anything.... then again my main is only lvl 35... so I don't know how it would impact the high end game...

Yes, all new subscribers are forced to buy the booster by a couple Atrox Enforcers who come around to their houses at night making them an "offer they can't refuse".

Don't like the stuff in the booster? Don't buy it.

I hate to say it, but...

DUH

Originally posted by Iphigenia
    No, he does have a point. That's probably why Cz has said that another full IPR is coming down the pipe. I wouldn't be surprised to see them wait until Shadowlands, but I think you can expect an IPR before too long.
    hehe. this is funny.

first when we discussed IP Reset, Gaute Godanger (Game Director) said there would never be possible to reset your skills (as long as he were Game Director atleast).

Then some time later he said they would make IPR a part of the game but this was the ONE and ONLY full IPR reset ever (as long as he were Game Director atleast).

But what's interesting is that he said gaining IPR points from quests and missions would most likely be possible soon.

He still is the Game Director .. or?

*laugh*
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal