Thread: Economy In Crisis

Unhappy Economy In Crisis

Ok what happened to the economy in this game. I spent about a month or two of not getting to play much and then when I get back full time the price of everything has gone into orbit. At one time the price from things being sold by players was far less then the over marked prices of the shops. what happened? I would like to know exactly how many cr some of you have. Be honest. I have been here since the launch and total with all of my characters may possess a total of 15mil in cr (having hit a max of about 30mil at one time).
    Am I missing something? (sorry I dont ebay for cr)
    I have seen some items in the game sell for 50-130 mil.

So come on and be honest, how many cr do you have?
    ("...Free the might from fleshy mire! Boil the blood in heart of fire! Gone, gone the form of man! Rise the Demon Etrigan!")
    ===================

*Just another God of the Mind*

Explorer 73%
    Killer 66%
    Achiever 40%
    Socializer 20%

prices haven't changed much in the last 3-4 months really. You must just be seeing all the expensive items up for auction now. Even on RK2 a few months ago GA4 went for like 400-500million. Still does today.

My $0.02

... as it were.

At level 154 I have about 70,000,000 cr. at present. Ignoring ordinary daily purchases of nano rechargers, ammo, and so on, and only considering extraordinary purchases for things like soul fragments or carbonum armor plates and so on, I would say that if I hadn't bought any special/unique items, and if I hadn't donated around 15,000,000 to guildies for their expenditures on things like PPPEs, that I would have around 150,000,000 if I had saved my money.

I have never held long-term auctions or sold things offline, just sold things quickly on the channels, and I don't think I've done anything particularly exploitive or unethical even from a roleplaying perspective. I did spend a little time before the battlesuit-price-nerf patch farming them in missions, but not very diligently, probably getting only around 10M in that sort of income.
    My income has mainly come from random loot acquired during missions, since I don't do any kind of camping except for items I need for myself.

When I care to, I can get a reasonable income doing nanoprogramming since I can build QL 200 implants, but I don't charge extortionate prices, usually just building for random donations, so I rarely pick up more than 1M in a couple of hours that way.
    Strycker, OT NT
    Member of AOR RK-1
    Mundus vult decipi, decipiatur

Maybe its just that I have a soldier as a main. honestly I don't know. I did give out alot cr to those in my guild that needed it when I had it, but nothing to cause me to be in any sort of debt now. And I havent purchased any significantly expensive items. I just can't seem to get the cr I see others throwing around. It seems that some people easily have a couple hundred mil laying around, and do to it alot of people seem to be selling items for increased cr.
    ("...Free the might from fleshy mire! Boil the blood in heart of fire! Gone, gone the form of man! Rise the Demon Etrigan!")
    ===================

*Just another God of the Mind*

Explorer 73%
    Killer 66%
    Achiever 40%
    Socializer 20%

more than 50m less than 100m

I went out at whacked claws and claw camp in pleasant meadows everyday for a couple hours, for a week or two. finally finding GA1.

Sold it for 75m in 5 minutes on shopping channel.

with 75m an MA is uber, I can give lowbies credits when asked if i think they are sincere. i have 3 sets of ALbr tank , all my ql 200 stuff, I pass on boss loot everytime now.

I buy my nano chargers 500 at a time ql 125's

that really all i ever buy.

been eyeing dragon armour, but its way out of my credit range.
    guess i am not a uber as i thot.

but i am growing rapidly bored, and angry at the on-going theft problem.

The one where you can give someone a disc to make nano and they just keep it, and FC goes, nothing we can do. OR the switch item your selling in trade window then hit accept real quick and person cant view it.

Re: ...

Originally posted by Foodaddy3

I buy my nano chargers 500 at a time ql 125's
    I buy em 20000 at a time

19451 to go

Prices did get f00ked on RK1. We had a guild bank exploit, and every exploiting moron in the game took the opportunity to flood the market with counterfeit creds.
    k- This message has been reviewed by intrusive goons searching for "evil-doers".

Hmm.. I'd say the situation is alot worse on RK1 than RK2.

I'm level 116 and have 120 mil, ignoring daily purchases of chargers/ammo/etc, had I saved all my money I'd have well over 500 mil. That's assuming I hadn't bought anything at all expensive (yalms for all my alts, GA discs for myself and friends, suits of armor, rifles, nanos, guns, implants, LLTS's, 500k-1mil single tips, etc etc, and all the junk I've bought for friends/org members).

--K

How much cash you have is directly proportional to how much time your willing to spend on making more. If at your lvl you did nothing to earn any credits other than mission rewards for xping, you will be "poor".

Most of the folks I play with (75-85ish), don't have Yalms, can barely afford new gear/nanos. These people just played for xp and didn't put alot of effort into making credits.

I on the other hand... like blitzing, "discovered" Clicksaver, read thru the exchange posts on RK2 to see whats sells and what doesn't. I don't sell anything for much and typically sell for far less than average. Sold ql50-100 armor sets for less than 1k per QL, and still made a ton of credits (well its a ton to me hehe). Lvl80 atm and have 20million and Yalm, tons and tons of boss loot only stuff up thru QL200, bag full of rings TL2-4, etc etc., probably have gone thru roughly 50million in stuff already.

Some folks like to lvl lvl lvl, some like to explore, some like the social interaction, and some weird ol freaks like to play the stock market. So if you put the effort into lvling, you'll probably lvl fast and if you wanna make some credits, you'll probably make alot of em.

My 2cents, your mileage may vary
    Sarl - Soldier noob

50% stupid / 40% mentally challenged / 10% INSANE = me

I may be weird but your fat and I can always diet...

Yup. What Sarl said.. also.. soloers tend to be a lot richer, particularly people who solo team missions. I don't blitz at all, VERY rarely will sell an item or two to other players, but I do nothing but solo team missions (QL 140 most recently), and all that loot adds up to a lot of cash.. roughly 1.5 mil per mission these days.

--K

You can make credits if you spend your time at it but you leveling suffers.

The current price inflation is due to exploitation. There has always been minor duplication bugs but the recent organization bank bug caused an influx of billions of credits into the game and the exploiters quickly bought up the most desireable items as a hedge against inflation and as way to launder the money.

Once again we have an example where a few greedy bastids have created a bad situation for many to profit a few.

Originally posted by Intrepid
    prices haven't changed much in the last 3-4 months really. You must just be seeing all the expensive items up for auction now. Even on RK2 a few months ago GA4 went for like 400-500million. Still does today.

this is so not true. Price's have gone WAY WAY WAY up. This is due to exploiters. Billions upon billions of dollars were duped into exsitance by some really lame stupid people. This in turn made things sky rocket, becuase all of a sudden, things were going nuts in price's, because no one cared what the price was, they would just dupe more credits.

P.S. I prolly have 40 mil total. maybe. But I bet I have over a billion dolalrs worth of equipment.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me