Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Linux - Awesomium

I can confirm that this workaround does work with the current Stable release of Wine, version 1.2-1ubuntu1~lucidppa1. I have not tried any of the 1.3 Development releases.

Are you able to play the game normally, or is mouse movement/camera broken?

RMB Button doesnt work to move camera around. NUMPAD keys do work. I think its safe to say thats unrelated to the awesomium.dll problems the WINE users are experiencing
    Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Toons:(*=froobs)
    Zzzzzzwap* (inofficial main),
    Krisplin* (main, but buff whore),
    Theophrastus* (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
    Kosminski (Shade - Yes, i went paid...)
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)
    ~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

Ao does work again!

For all interested in playing AO in Wine - I got it working again.

I use Ubuntu 10.10, patched the Wine 1.3.12 sources and created a .deb for the 64bits version.
    You can get it here wine1.3_1.3.12-0ubuntu1~maverickppa1-AnarchyPatches1_amd64.deb.
    The package lib32nss-mdns seems to be needed.

You may have to install the Wine PPA by adding the following repository to your sources: ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa

This version works for me and I wanted to share it.
    Oh, the ingame store does not work - but I don't want it anyways...

Here is what a you have to do (if using Ubuntu and if you are complete n00b like me):
    First download the two needed patches from here: http://bugs2.winehq.org/attachment.cgi?id=30775 and http://bugs2.winehq.org/attachment.cgi?id=32688

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa
    to enable the development branch of Wine

sudo apt-get update
    to update your sources list

apt-get source wine1.3
    downloads and extracts the sources

cd wine1.3-1.3.12-0ubuntu1~maverickppa1
    changes to the directory

sudo apt-get build-dep wine1.3
    to get the needed development files. Beware! 500MB!

patch -p1 < /path/to/raw_input_mod.patch
    apply patch 1

patch -p1 < /path/to/0021-Return-ERROR_IO_PENDING-from-NotifyAddrChange.patch
    apply patch 2

dch -l -AnarchyPatches
    to append a suffix to the final package; this is not really needed if you disable the PPA after installation

dpkg-buildpackage
    and your done. Append -j4 to the command if you've got a multicore cpu.
    Last edited by Stormgiver; Jan 22nd, 2011 at 17:02:25.

confirmed !

Fedora14_64 with wine 1.3.12 and the patches http://bugs2.winehq.org/attachment.cgi?id=30775 (awesomium error fix) and http://bugs2.winehq.org/attachment.cgi?id=32688 (mouselook fix) made the game working again.

It will hit the official repo's sooner or later and we have already seen the shop workig under Linux by some user, so this is definitly solveable.

/rocky

I updated the Ubuntu amd64 package with a fix proposed here.

Download.

This new patch makes the ingame store work.
    You have to install vcrun2008 in winetricks or sth similar.
    Beware! This could possibly break other games you are running in Wine!
    Last edited by Stormgiver; Jan 23rd, 2011 at 14:38:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormgiver View Post
    I updated the Ubuntu amd64 package with a fix proposed here.

Download.

This new patch makes the ingame store work.
    You have to install vcrun2008 in winetricks or sth similar.
    Beware! This could possibly break other games you are running in Wine!
    have you touched RtlCaptureBackStackTrace to return 0; ?

i cannot confirm this working on fedora, at least yet.
    need to work yet, gonna look some deeper tonight.

I did comment the whole function out leaving only the return 0; line intact.
    It looks like this:

Code:
    USHORT WINAPI RtlCaptureStackBackTrace( ULONG skip, ULONG count, PVOID *buffer, ULONG *hash )
    {
        return 0;
    }

Wine 1.3.13 (Ubuntu 64bit, from Wine PPA sources) with AO patches: Download.

I did comment the whole function out leaving only the return 0; line intact.
    It looks like this:

Code:
    USHORT WINAPI RtlCaptureStackBackTrace( ULONG skip, ULONG count, PVOID *buffer, ULONG *hash )
    {
        return 0;
    }
    This is no longer needed for Wine 1.3.13. The committed code now has a trap for bad frames.
    Froobalicious General of Barador Arin.

-- Playing AO for six years, still a nuub gimp, and proud of it!

Right. It isn't included in the version I posted.

Good news. The fix to NotifyAddrChange has been accepted and committed. If you build wine from sources pulled down using git or in the next developmental release, then you only need the RawDeviceInput patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Lliers View Post
    Good news. The fix to NotifyAddrChange has been accepted and committed. If you build wine from sources pulled down using git or in the next developmental release, then you only need the RawDeviceInput patch.
    has the RawDeviceInput patch been submitted? any status on whether that will be committed? and when?
    ======================

blix01/spookiepants/stiffwood

Quote Originally Posted by spookiepants View Post
    has the RawDeviceInput patch been submitted? any status on whether that will be committed? and when?
    Unfortunately, no and no. I'm not sure why, but wine only has stubs for all the RawDeviceInput functions. There are at least half a dozen bug reports for various games that use RawInput for capturing mouse movement, and all of them resort to various flavors of the patch that Luke provided for AO.

There are two factors that prevent the adoption of the RawMouseInput routine. First what I do know is that whoever coded the original implementation did a messy job, and it doesn't meet the standards for the WINE project admins. The second is totally a guess of mine, but I think there is an underlying difference in the way mouse input is reported in Windows versus Linux. One reports relative mouse movements, the other absolute position, and so all these patches that implement RawInput for games are just a kludgey estimation of the actual mouse movement that the game/WINE really wants, so without a "correct" solution, the admins don't want to commit these one-offs, since every game with a reported bug has a slightly different patch to get the desired mouse behavior for that game.

Wine 1.3.14 with raw_input_mode_patch only.
    Download here.

Wine 1.3.14 with raw_input_mode_patch only.
    Download here.
    Could you provide i386 bin or the sources please?

I can try but I guess I have to cross-compile.
    If you use Ubuntu, you can follow the guide I posted earlier.
    Just be sure to apply raw_input_mode_patch only.

And any other workaround for the vc2008 trick? It will break some apps...

I don't catch how they used closed source html engine and other libs when they could use QT or... I don't know, there are so many libs... and the purpose, rendering html inside a sprite (or game window) ?
    We all can live without it, the new item window it's a good idea but they could help a bit Wine comunity and their pockets...

Quote Originally Posted by nakper View Post
    And any other workaround for the vc2008 trick? It will break some apps...
    Just put AO in its own WINEPREFIX and put everything that AO and AO related things in that WINEPREFIX. You can write a little script or alias to always automatically start AO with that wine prefix.

What would one look for to get wine to behave properly running AO on mac os x?

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast