Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Want Dynacamps on Dovve's Map? Yes or No?

Smile My thoughts...

If you do add them, please don't add any description, just a colored dot. This will not clutter the map and will still leave some mystery. I think it might even encourage some people to go out to see what that colored dot is.

Thanks for your great work!

*hugs Jynne*
    - Szentasha
    Leader of Unity of the Rose

AOScripter 2.0 If you need a script, you need AOScripter!

*** Remove Social Armor Restrictions Today !!!

Re: My thoughts...

Originally posted by Szentasha
    If you do add them, please don't add any description, just a colored dot. This will not clutter the map and will still leave some mystery. I think it might even encourage some people to go out to see what that colored dot is.

Thanks for your great work!

*hugs Jynne*
    If the map is ever released this is how it will be

Re: My thoughts...

Originally posted by Szentasha
    What a great idea! The sooner the better, Dovve.
    $
    ::. Anarchin, OT Fixer, Legion .::

Quote Originally Posted by Lynyah
    The difference is that you dont need a brain to camp things

does anybody here remeber hunting at cyborgs in avalon, or tir temple? everybody used to congregate in one place to form groups & go out & hunt the mobs there?
    as it is, the spawn points arent really known well enough to the populatin to even think about meeting up in certain congregation points.
    too me, adding these dyna camps to dovves map would encourage outdoor hunting more, which would be a much more positive effect than the derogatory effect of taking away the exploration element. besides, if you dont want to know, just use an older version of her map.
    Field Marshal Londino, lvl 220
    Cutting through the forest of reason
    Veteran of Forsaken
    Former Soldier Professional

Silly doc thingy Londina, lvl 175+
    She needs tokens dont ya know.

Re: Re: My thoughts...

Originally posted by Dovve

If the map is ever released this is how it will be
    Maybe diffrent colors on the dots depending on lvl on camp?

1-50: grey
    50-100: green
    100-150: yellow
    150-200: red
    200+: black

Or just 1 color would rock too
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Talking I Vote Yes

I vote Yes. Making info available does not necessarily force people to use it or exploit it. I suggest two versions of the map, one with and one without. I certaily would use the dynacamp info, but not exploit it. I've already spent several hours trying to find camps my level (150+) to no avail. The new map would be a very welcome relief.

Thanks, Dovve, for even asking.

I vote yes.

In either case, thank you very much for all your efforts in putting together the amazing map and skin!

Regards,
    ZanEridath

Thumbs up Vote : Yes

I would like to see camps dotted on map..

Keep up the nice work Dovve, i just love you'r map. Don't understand how anyone is able to navigate around Rubika without it.
    Powerbull Ganjidoc Marweloz Nukebull

"The big difference between sex for money and sex for free is that sex for money costs less."
    Brendan Francis.

yes

I'd have to vote yes.

I think that having two versions would be excellent. I know it is extra effort for you (and we do all appreciate your time and effort and the wonderful contribution you have made) but it suits both worlds.

I see a variety of reasons for both yes and no here. Compelling reasons for both.

I think it's important to focus on personla reasons though. Saying that you vote no because you do not want newbies to have it is silly. Vote based on whether YOU would use it or not.

For myself, I'd like to have it for the simple reason that I do not concider coordinate logging to be enjoyable. In fact, it's the silliest thing I ever heard of. If I wanted to keep a paper log of everywhere I went and what I found, then I'd play a pen and paper RPG. If you so hate having things pointed out for you so much, then you shoudl not be using Doove's map to begin with

I concider it a flaw of AO that it does not let me mark my map directly with what I find. the wonderful player created map goes a long way to addressing this shortcomming.

Imagine a world with nano technology like AO where getting a dynamically updated map is impossible. It's just silly

Dovve,

You've done a lot of work making the map in the first place. I find it invaluable. Unfortunately, Funcom has decided not to listen to our request to have our own maps customizable (put our own notes on our ingame map). As such, it makes your map even more special.

I vote yes because we are still unable to mark on our own maps. The camps are out there, they aren't too hard to find.

Perhaps you can make an alternate map for those who want it?

i vote yes
    i want he dyna camps cuase i olve hunting but rubika is so vast you can go looking for hours with out finding one...
    would really like to have camps marked..

Another vote for yes here too, although all I want is a red dot. I've flown up and down NLD and VW finding camps for my guild to try, but relocating them even after finding them can be hard sometimes.

BTW Dovve, I and everyone in my guild love your map to pieces. }:>
    DrDaer: Doctor for Hire, Daerdevil: Speed Addict,
    RevDaer: Prophet for Profit, MaestroDaer: Salesman of DOOM (tm)
    ... all part of the collective conciousness know as Daerkannon
    Squad Commander of the Rogue's Gallery

No...

I'm going to vote no on this one. I already seen enough Dyna-camps which I can gain experience from being killed by players a hundred or a hundred and fifty levels higher then me. Besides, stumbling on them yourself is much more fun and rewarding.

Voide
    Level 49 Clan Enforcer

Yes

adding dynacamp locations to the map will encourage people to hunt.

as it is, the only reason people would want to go hunting is for the quick XP of certain things.

giving the locations of all the known dynacamps will *keep* people from camping a single camp (ie the borgs in mort and PW) because they'll have more options. if one dynacamp already has people in it, move on to the next. if you don't know any other dynacamps, you'll just camp with the team that's already there and try to kill-steal each other's mobs or leave without getting to kill any mobs.

to those people that are arguing that it's part of the excitement of the game to explore new places and that it would spoil it for newbies, you're a bunch of loot whores.

how many newbies do you know that have any version of dovve's map installed?

hardly any. and those that do are already recieving a good amount of help from the friends that convinced them to start playing AO anyways.

so how is adding this feature going to hurt any newbie's experience?

you're just coming up with reasons why you should have the loot and why others should not. very greedy.

people that are exploring are exploring. people that want to find dynacamps are looking for dynacamps. I don't know about any of you "dynacamp explorers" but when I'm looking for new dynacamps, I don't cheer and seem amazed when I can find one. I swear and get bored and aggrevated when I CAN'T find one.

hey dude
    Dovve quit AO a while ago.
    She also already made her decision on page 3 (she edited the first post and told us that).

I started a list at ao.kupotek.com mainly for myself, but also for those who are interested in taking a day to check out some cool dynacamp bosses.

The slitter scorpiod although lvvl 115 in Greater Tir County I was unable to solo at level 192!!!

So remember that level isnt always a marker for difficulty

feel free to submit others in the format

NAME | LEVEL | CREATURE TYPE | COORDS-LOCATION

to kupotek@earthlink.net

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456