Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Want Dynacamps on Dovve's Map? Yes or No?

bump for wallpaper all campversion.

1024x768
    800x600

etc..

I vote no for including them on the small map.

I vote yes for having a desktop version with the sites as an option.
    Your remains have not been reconstructed yet...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Hampsta0101 - Clan Fixer

I vote no.. or at least to keep a version without. The map is streamlined and clean.. don't clutter it =)

- schma
    schma

:: schma ran out of cookies on the 4th of march, 2003 ::
    :: Hitched a ride back with the aliens ::

How about one version with, one version without.

On another note, do you offer a higher resolution version? Looks so tiny on my screen when I run in a high res mode.

No for dots on map.
    Yes for dots on wallpaper 1280+
    I play in window mode all the time, anyway.

160MP Clan Scions
    Uchideshi 178 Omni MP
    Member of Illuminati

Bump for no on map, but yes as a wallpaper

I say yes, if not on the in game map, at least on something we can download and print out.

I could get more people to go hunting with info like that to pass out.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

I say no. At level 110 there's little outside of missions I can do on my own. The days since the patch I have spent hunting dynacamps and evaluating the level ranges of the mobs...I enjoy the fact that I can go places that aren't camped to hell by people 50 levels higher than I and I can look for cool/unique/odd loot.

Selfish? Maybe.

Finding all my favorite spots camped from now until I quit? That just sucks.

Thumbs down

I vote No.

I have a huge list of dynacamps I found myself, and the excitement of discovering these, then trying to get as much info on the levels and what not myself by killing them, etc... is a large part of my ao game. I would feel cheated if you just handed this info out to everyone. Where would you get the list anyway? If you have some kind of knowledge of access to a dynacamp file, please, dont share it. It takes away from the whole point of the dynacamps. Some of those camps are new monsters, new loot. It's treasure and experience well earned by adventuring and exploring. It is not for handouts like its from a shop terminal.

Your map is necessary because there is no other good way to know how to get to missions. Missions are necessary. Dynacamps are not, see the difference?

And thank you for the map, skin and all your efforts. And especially thank you for asking us what we prefer.
    • Shenhiroko: Martial Artist: RK1-OmniTek: Entropy Dawn Org
    • Codewitch: Nano Technician: RK1-Clan
    Main Profession: Explorer of Rubi-Ka
    Latest News:My NT is dual wielding Leet dolls until I can find Fazeka Crystal...Phear the Leets!

Yes for more dynacamps on your already awesome map Dovve!
    * July 9, 2001 :: + July 29, 2004

I vote yes too
    Could you maybe make 3 of the maps then? So us post 150'ers dont have to be confused with lowbie camps on the map?

I have a suggestion.

Make a 10x10 pixel icon (a block, a circle, something) and colour-code the level of the mobs/boss there.

E.g

Green = 1-50
    Yellow = 51-75
    Orange = 76-100
    Red = 101-125
    Light blue = 126-150
    Medium Blue = 151- 175
    Pure blue =176-200+

(encase the icons in a 2px white border to differentiate them, and keep a legend on the left with the current legend)

Good solution?

edit: No names of mobs, no drop information no nothing except levels. This won't be thaat much of a spoiler.

215/15 | Lagerlad Atrox Adventurer | eqp | Mostly indestructible
    214/13 | Xpie Atrox Meta-physicist | eqp | Supernova!
    Member of Ragnarok

Originally posted by Jynne
    I vote 'No.'

For newbies, exploring the world is an awe-inspiring experience; having a full readout of where everything interesting and/or profitable is would kill that sense of wonder in its cradle.

I agree 110% with what is written there.

Part of the fun is finding a camp for the first time. Having everything already mapped out is useful - but will definately spoil the fun for many - Even if they dont realise it.

I'd prefer it if it wasnt done
    Sulema Keaorata Fahrni

You dont need eyes to see, you need vision

I vote YES.

It is mostly because I'm not a big explorer, I mostly like to experience of fighting the bosses instead of finding them.

But as there are many explorers it will be good if you could keep 2 versions of the map. I think it will become really full with all the new camps so what about just putting a dot (with no description) on the in-game map and have a different map (outside the game) much bigger and detailed.

No

I vote no for the same reasons as all the above.

Let the camps belong to those who do the work of finding and investigating them.

/Journe

Its a big yes! It will in fact help out when you do get a team to go out hunting

XP will still be low and loot will still be low, but at least everyone will know where to go...

vote no

I vote no.

You have to jump in a plane and go to someplace now to explore in RL, reading books, maps and websites is not the same as being there. Shouldn't be virtually either.

There are inherent problems on Rubi-Ka for mapping that is not true of earth. The atmosphere distorts, the dust prevents a lot of signals as do storms, terraforming and the new weather changes are creating havoc.

Let people who want to spend the time and appreciate the world appreciate it unspoiled or with their hard work. Let those who want to fight and camp for uberleet go to another game.

This is supposed to be an immersive world for roleplay and story. If you want to just kill and collect loot you're in an odd vehicle for that.

Thumbs down I say ye NAY

I vote no for the reason of Outdoor hunting was reintroduce for a reason..I see most people my lv complain about (knowone dies in BS mission anymore... and blah blah blah I'm bored...I quit) But yet they want everything handed to them becaus of various reasons...(RL straped no.. time ect). Well I sugest these people get out and find it on their own. I have still not found many of the outdoor stuff dynacamps for my lv and on a day like today I go and hunt for new things...let others find them the same way
    Shadow Lv 13 Deity. Mp Warrior.
    I am The Master of Shadows. I am here to help you...
    We are L E G I O N for we are many.

Teh Layout

“One should be as humble as the dust he treads upon...
    But do not mistake my Humbleness as Weakness.”

The light battles the darkness.Who we are decides which side will prevail.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast