Thread: Omni vs clan vs omni vs clan

Omni vs clan vs omni vs clan

I was thinking the other day....

why do all the omnis seem to band together, i thought this game was Anarchy and that each organisation (guild) was at war with the other so really anyone not in your own guild ought to be a target, and if your not in a guild your neutral , how confusing :/. At least this is an excuse to kill other omnis for tower ownership,

Theoretically, in a large organization such as Omni or the clans, you would expect inter-agency rivalries to come up. Different departments would try to one up each other for status and funding. Sometimes, the leaders of different groups would be openly hostile to each other, with it being common knowledge that each would love to see the other fail.

However, only in extreme situations would you expect to see a murder occur because of this, and certainly not open armed conflict. Also, any murder would be targetted at key individuals hoping to cripple another groups ability to function. With cell scanner technology, the idea of permanently removing an individual by killing them is obsolete. This leaves us with only being able to use political means to elimate or marginalize an opponent.

We do see these sorts of conflicts happening in game, on RK2 the guilds Quizotic (clan) and Total Chaos (omni) have been, at one time or another, under fire from their fellow guilds. Perhaps not in a "I'm trying to kill you" sense, but certainly in a political sense.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

Yeah, and remeber death isnt permanent, so killing someone could be classed as a standard political tactic , also the title of the game is "anarchy" online, which means a society with no overall government and that kinda thing, not entirely sure but i know its the oppisite to fascism.

Infighting in either faction would make this game considerably more fun.

Too bad the only 0% zones out there are random bars, and arenas now.

The few times I've had clan-clan disputes have been considerably more fun than the majority of omni-clan fights.
    <Cheeze|Work> i told iwi to start her own guild
    <Cheeze|Work> "downward spiral"
    <Cheeze|Work> instead of "uprising"

mm, hopefully if land control is as good as it sounds we will get this kind of thing all the time

Not wanting to go the clan is worse then omni route but just in an RP kind of way clan is more likely to attack clan then omni to attack omni no? Omnitek is a big corp. with rules and when you dont disobey you'll die etc.

While clan are groups who internally dont even agree with eachother.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions