Thread: [ALL] IRRK Freelance: Alien Abductions?

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

[ALL] IRRK Freelance: Alien Abductions?

Alien Abductions?
    November 15, 29484 - Lucetta Phoenix [Global]

IRRK Freelance: Alarmingly there has been a series of incidents outside of Newland involving what seems to be abductions by the Kyr'Ozch.

I had attended the Newland council meeting where I first heard word of the latest Kyr'Ozch move, which I have to say is bizarre at the very least. Why would the Kyr'Ozch decide to abduct people? And out of all the locations, why outside of Newland?

I headed outside the gates to where the Phasefront and Bronto Burger outlets are and continued along the path, only to find out myself that this seems to be fact and not mere speculation. A Kyr'Ozch drop ship hovered over the path, teleporting what seemed to be an unfortunate victim. I ran towards it to get a better view, but unfortunately the ship rose up into the sky before I could confirm it was indeed an abduction.

There is very little information as to what the Kyr'Ozch reasoning is behind these abductions, which is why the Mayor of Newland, Zephrem King, has issued a warning to all Newland residents and visitors to take extra care should they be traversing outside of Newland's walls.

I hope to find out more on this case. Stay tuned, and stay safe!

Another fantastic reason to seek employment with Omni-Tek; we offer un-rivalled protection for all our employees and guests. Not like this shoddy Militia who can’t keep it’s little town safe.

This not being the only case of where Aliens gave Newland Security a run for it's money; infact Omni-Tek forces saved Newland from being over-run on that occasion aswell!
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

Cora, dear, I was one of the abductees.

Willingly, in fact.

Try again, hun.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Tom writes,

Willingly Abducted. Guess I'll need to tie a few more on before that makes sense.

-Tommy H.

Leader of Newland City Militia
    Miss Geers, perhaps it should be mentioned that there are neutrals and clanners just as likely to be involved in defending Borealis as well during outright alien raids on that city, as you find Omni stepping up to assist when Newland finds itself under attack. When the aliens hit the ground running in any of the citys around Rubi-Ka, everyone in the area tends to respond. One of the few times you find people reacting to a common enemy. But that has little to do with the current situation being referred to. I applaud any person who steps up and helps out in such situations no matter where they occur on Rubi-ka. Those raids, are a completely different matter than what was being discussed at the last council meeting.

What was discussed during the last Newland Council meeting, and that has in so many ways been blown totally out of proportion, was simply a traveler's warning to those individuals who choose to travel south of the city, as these reports are being received from that area on a fairly consistent basis.
    General Anthony Hekkat

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    Tom writes,

Willingly Abducted. Guess I'll need to tie a few more on before that makes sense.

-Tommy H.
    Look, just talk to the guys over at Freelance. They got a new recruit recently that's involved in the supernatural. You want proof of my madness, go talk to him, ask him about his assignments in the outskirts of Newland. You'll see.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Agentcora View Post
    Another fantastic reason to seek employment with Omni-Tek; we offer un-rivalled protection for all our employees and guests. Not like this shoddy Militia who can’t keep it’s little town safe.
    Interesting. I have to wonder how Phillip Ross would respond to that.

Buffalobob got abducted finally?

HURRAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Keldros View Post
    Interesting. I have to wonder how Phillip Ross would respond to that.
    well, since he may/may not be dead due to being sniper'd in the head, I dont think he would say much other than "ow, OW WHY WOULD SOMEONE DO THIS? AUGH!" and other unpleasant sound effects.

Still though, I think this is more of a case of:

A) Bad Drinking Water

B) Said Drinking Water being replaced with Plumbo XXX

Since most aliens that I have met only have an interest in shooting things.
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU will pick up the flag and carry it forward. This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes is up to us.

Means, Game Director (2008-2011)

Please, we do not need to be resorting to faction attack when facing something like the Kyr'O threat. They do not see Clan, Omni, or Neut, and pose a threat to all of us.

We can get back to our regularly scheduled bickering after.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist