Newland City Statement Release
November 13, 29484 - [Global]

IRRK - Newland City - Statement release in response to freelance media publications.

Citizens of Newland,

Some of you have surely read a certain publication stating some rather alarming so-called facts regarding the Kyr'Ozch, abductions and the absence of the Security Minister. Personally, I do not know where this person who calls himself a reporter got the misinformation that he is declaring as facts, but it definitely was not from the Newland City Council or me.

Let me present you with the facts:
Yes, General Hekkat has issued a general warning for all people travelling to the south as there has been a rise in abductions by the Kyr'Ozch in that particular area. The Council has started investigations and is going through all the reports that have been filed so far, but in no way have we declared a state of emergency.

Yes, our Security Minister Agrestus Wright is absent and the Council has initiated an investigation into his disappearance. As of now we do not have enough facts and evidence to back up any of the circulating rumours.

Does this mean that Newland City and its citizens are not safe anymore? No. Our militia is more than able to guarantee our safety and welfare. They have the manpower, the equipment and the necessary will and dedication to protect us as they have in the past years.

The rest of the claims made in this publication are either outright false or hyperbole and they do not deserve any attention or refute due to their ridiculousness.

Newland City has a proud history of close and good relations with the free press and its reporters, however if further articles that are less news than they are fiction are published we may consider putting all relations with this gazette on hold until we are happy that they have hired fact-checkers to prevent further incorrect publications.

Zephrem King
Newland Mayor