Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Petition To Keep Improved Precognition For Soldiers

You're aiming for self sufficiency in a game the developers are openly attempting to balance around team play. I think you need to reevaluate your position.
    Waiting for a cure.

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    It does for anyone who prefers to self sufficient.
    So, you don't mind me getting this for my self sufficient reflect MP?
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    So, you don't mind me getting this for my self sufficient reflect MP?
    The constant comparison's of the effectiveness of Reflects and an evade boost are incredibly ignorant.

Apples to oranges. The few evades garnished by this particular buff in a standard equip are impossible to notice. In a focused and specialized equip in the target area of this buff the results are noticeable and decent. Not game breaking, not so horribly bad it shouldn't be considered.

The implementation of reflects into all other profession toolsets show a much larger boost at the absolute cost of nothing (unlike the aforemention soldier equip which shows a lower performance at a significant cost).

You really are a mental colossus aren't you?
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

The constant comparison's of the effectiveness of Reflects and an evade boost are incredibly ignorant.
    But it doesn't matter, since I can always get that buff from someone else. And this is not even the strongest possible reflect I can get.

It's about self sufficient setups. After all, you said so yourself.

I love the trollers.. they make you think you're a true evade prof..and you don't deserve it.

.. it's just some evades we're talking about here.

It's less evades than NTs who also aren't an evade prof.

I guess we will revive this discussion when the NT document is out^^.

A few evades could be the difference between landing a perk or not, it could be the difference between landing a crit or not.

The only argument for it has been "we've had it before and we want it still so we can self buff a build this profession isn't meant to self buff"

Yes a few evades may seem negligible and may not seem terribly gamebreaking, but when you already have a strong defence else where and then start getting support for further defences without having to get other people to help then you start getting to adventurer style defence of having everything and each additional defence making you exponentially stronger.

Add to that that evades over all are being reworked it seems to make every point that much more important (as said, the true evaders that rely almost exclusively on evades, no reflects/high hp etc are loosing evades some more than the soldier looses from the removal of this nano) means having it makes less and less sense in a balance setting.

I fully expect both traders and NT's to both loose their evade buffs as well.

So again, no reason you can't build an evade soldier just like no reason someone cannot build a reflects martial artist, but if you want the nano support your going to have to seek out the professions that can give it rather than expecting you to be able to build any build you want and getting nanos for it.

It does for anyone who prefers to self sufficient.
    Then stop playing a damn MMO.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by notcrattey View Post
    I have to say marine no hard feelings but this just owned u lol
    Deathmaster1 220/30/70 Dmsengi 220/28/70
    Dmstanker 220/30/70 Dmsdoc 220/25/70
    Anarchic1 126/15/35 Dmsfix 220/30/70
    Imakeyouoe 164/22/42 Imakeyouoe2 85/9/21

BM of Dark Front - We are recruiting. darkfront.org

Quote Originally Posted by Xenotric View Post
    I fully expect both traders and NT's to both loose their evade buffs as well.
    I count on MPs loosing their AoR as well. It's about time they get something actually worth using, in place of it.

Enough. Petition when the rebalance goes live. Other than that why nitpick working an angle ot keep things status-quo cuz i got news for you, the status-quo is broken.
    "Can I have some shoes?"

Second this
    "Can I have some shoes?"

If thats the case then any complaints anyone ever has about their own profession strength are null and void if it can be argued that having a pocket doc or osb'd to hell and back makes up for any possible issues in your toolset as a profession. This "rebalance" doesn't even need to take place then because anyone can just team up and everythings fine according to your logic.

You as well as I know that isn't the case so don't try to play off that bull**** about "don't play an mmo".
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Sounds like some people in here haven't played mmo's where you can be 100% self sufficient. >

Xenotric, I would have to say given the extremely delicate factor of removing the evades and the whole AMS nerf and the rest of the changes being put in the game....when its a major effort just to make a backpack work like a backpack is a troubling thought.

Klod, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waacof2saZw

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    I love the trollers.. they make you think you're a true evade prof..and you don't deserve it.

.. it's just some evades we're talking about here.

It's less evades than NTs who also aren't an evade prof.

I guess we will revive this discussion when the NT document is out^^.
    NTs are semi-evaders. If you take away an NT's evades, they drop pretty quickly (inb4 NT QQ), if you take away a soldiers evades um... they can still have godmode for 1:20.

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    NTs are semi-evaders. If you take away an NT's evades, they drop pretty quickly (inb4 NT QQ), if you take away a soldiers evades um... they can still have godmode for 1:20.
    God mode as you call it, is not really god mode in the face of NSD,Tripples,Doubles, (fights the urge to quote Lonely island -We Like Sportz " http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEVdca9U9LM "), Weak NR, and the primary point... Why is the shield supposed to be strong? If you averaged defenses over time, the shield itself was supposed to make up for the over all short coming of a poor static defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    0:40, more like it. With 0:40 downtime as well.

That means less uptime (nerf), lower amount of reflects (nerf), same downtime (in light of the other two, I'll chalk this up as a nerf as well). I'll let you judge for yourself what that's going to mean.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by Vurtuoso View Post
    Sounds like some people in here haven't played mmo's where you can be 100% self sufficient. >
    Well, this is not a MMO where you can be 100% self sufficient, unless you are an adv. Just accept that fact and STFU.

More fitting for you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd30JESdb9o

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    Well, this is not a MMO where you can be 100% self sufficient, unless you are an adv. Just accept that fact and STFU.

More fitting for you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd30JESdb9o
    Klod, I accept the fact that this game has a store that will have purchasable levels up to tl6 shortly, alone with token packs, and vp packs, yes there currently is a single tl7 req on access of these options when compared to a fully purchased account of 199's with full sets of ofab, I would say over all, it makes you pretty independent. I also, understand your name is "Not" Kintaii, nor is it Means, and you telling me what is, "is" irrelevant. Now, go knit me a sweater.

Oh and yeah, I didn't even mention the buff cans. 131 in a can anyone? Ah yes.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast