notcrattey
    every can use reflect graft´s

pps.
    i hate shade stun´s

Quote Originally Posted by Brampfine View Post
    ps.
    notcrattey
    every can use reflect graft´s
    Why settle for bad reflects? I want to be able to buff near the equivalent of the top OSB!
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by notcrattey View Post
    Why settle for bad reflects? I want to be able to buff near the equivalent of the top OSB!
    What? And your a professional...

/facepalm

Yabut, you never had nano support for it (due to randomness of the dev team, that is).

But, anyways... By all means, give them back their IP, but remove that new HoT they are getting.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Vurtuoso View Post
    What?
    Exactly, your arguments have that same effect.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Oh come on...
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    Yabut, you never had nano support for it (due to randomness of the dev team, that is).

But, anyways... By all means, give them back their IP, but remove that new HoT they are getting.
    I will be impressed the day I come to an Anarchy Online page, and one of your posts is remotely positive in a debate, where you aren't rolling your eyes, acting childish, or have sarcasm loaded in your replies.

I suggest you to check debate definition.

P.S.
    You are doing it 'rong.

A debate, in the classical Greek style, is two sides respectfully arguing a point so they can meet on middle ground in an attempt to find truth.

Almost everyone on this forum is doin it rong.
    Last edited by Berinda; Nov 26th, 2010 at 21:18:33.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Exactly, your arguments have that same effect.
    Damn... and they made you a prof?

Who's next? Klod?

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Damn... and they made you a prof?

Who's next? Klod?
    I had to decline. Sorry.

I had to decline. Sorry.
    You rock, we knew it.

It ain't all that bad, does suck though, I don't see why soldiers would lose such a buff if it didn't effect them as much as it would other professions. Seems the idea is to start a team effort though, which in some cases, specially this one, is just a straight lost because not everyone is going to want to hunt for RI or other evade buffs to replace that lost. Specially since they will be considered OSB'd in duels :/

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    A debate, in the classical Greek style, is two sides respectfully arguing a point so they can meet on middle ground in an attempt to find truth.

Almost everyone on this forum is doin it rong.
    haha wonder if I'm doing it wrong, I tried at least ^^ Its a bad thing that soldiers lose their self buffs, but it's still there, just another profession has it xD
    Last edited by mdk00420; Nov 29th, 2010 at 08:26:53.

I still stand by my argument that it doesn't fit in the soldiers toolset and thus after rebalance should not be there, just like other peoples random buffs are getting removed.

Doubly so as its a defensive buff that effects all the profession not just those building around it, even if the effect isn't huge its still an effect.

Couple that with the fact that the actual evade classes are loosing in some cases more evade buffing then the soldiers had themselves cements this.

You are not going to get your 110 evades buff back while those that rely purely on evades are loosing up to 250 themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Siegetank View Post
    I believe (and I hate trolls too):

Weapons should have a choice.
    Hud/utility/deck slots should have choice.
    I think armor should have a choice.
    Even a few implants.

Evades for a profession built on the basis of AAO, DAMAGE, heal delta, health, and reflects?

I should have been clear earlier Marine, I think you are one bad ass dude for coming up with an ORIGINAL build on a profession that is often times super cookie cutter with Assault Rifles and big health. You deserve that at least.

But you have to explain how evade buffs or even evade setups made LOGICAL sense. I don't want you to be cookie cutter, and maybe with re-balance there may be a little wiggle room. I just think soldiers serve a strong purpose in this game, and having original builds isn't one. They are heavy damage, with utility, decent tankability, and an important role.

And evades? Even taking a hit for it (you only could pull it off as trox due to Mongo Rage), it still didn't make sense to make such a setup viable. As I said before, it would be like seeing strong Attack rating docs, or fixers/MAs trying to roll around with 16k+ HP in pvp. It seems weird, and almost wrong. Maybe they want to break cookie cutter too, but this game really speaks for itself.

14 professions.

Cookie cutter loses its weight when each profession should play a role in itself that isn't cookie cutter compared to others. Are soldiers like any other profession in PvP? That should be another honest question to look at.

Edit: I am not signing, but I am also not unsigning. Either way it turns out, evades will seem "funky" for SOLDIERS.
    Funny that you think Marine came up with that build... If you were around shortly after the release of AI almost all soldiers went evade builds... It worked wonders back then, but recently I must say aswell I really like the new turn soldiers are taking by the looks of the rebalance docs and whatnot. Evades are not for soldiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Juzzif View Post
    Funny that you think Marine came up with that build... If you were around shortly after the release of AI almost all soldiers went evade builds... It worked wonders back then, but recently I must say aswell I really like the new turn soldiers are taking by the looks of the rebalance docs and whatnot. Evades are not for soldiers.
    I've never claimed to be the original evade soldier.

But in it's own right, today's pure evade setup is far different than the post-AI evade setups. If nothing else, I revived a dead breed of soldiers.

But anywho, as that's really not related to the topic., and I have nothing new to say right now that I have not already thoroughly explained, I will just end with "Holding onto to the buff still isn't breaking anything and it only promotes variation."
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    I've never claimed to be the original evade soldier.

But in it's own right, today's pure evade setup is far different than the post-AI evade setups. If nothing else, I revived a dead breed of soldiers.

But anywho, as that's really not related to the topic., and I have nothing new to say right now that I have not already thoroughly explained, I will just end with "Holding onto to the buff still isn't breaking anything and it only promotes variation."
    But this new rebalance, if you want to achieve balance... Everything wont be as balanced if you want soldiers whose toolset rely on high hp, steady regenerating and reflects, if you allow for evade builds to be operative or effective. That would mean they have to deduct or reduce something else in your arsenal...

But I'm not a soldier, however in my mind why does evade setup even work? Because you can MR/wit? Is that it?

Still won't dodge / evade that much anyways? And well loss of AR is really detrimental

Quote Originally Posted by Juzzif View Post
    But this new rebalance, if you want to achieve balance... Everything wont be as balanced if you want soldiers whose toolset rely on high hp, steady regenerating and reflects, if you allow for evade builds to be operative or effective. That would mean they have to deduct or reduce something else in your arsenal...

But I'm not a soldier, however in my mind why does evade setup even work? Because you can MR/wit? Is that it?

Still won't dodge / evade that much anyways? And well loss of AR is really detrimental
    I recently put out a pvp video showing my soldier in action. The setup does quite well, i don't use MR the entire video. I do use wit, it helps a fair amount. Definitely gives the setup some power, but it is effective without it as well. I could always go opifex post patch and the setup would do just fine with the opifex breed perk.

If the setup was useless I wouldn't be vesting the time into use it let alone fight for it post-balance (read: ruin the game as it is currently playing out).

As far as your concern for balance, the trade off of all the offense, static HD, among other things (listed on the first post if you would have read it..) is what would and DOES keep it balanced and a viable, fun option.
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

However, loosing the (self)buff still doesn't "break" evade soldiers, so this thread is pointless.

However, loosing the (self)buff still doesn't "break" evade soldiers, so this thread is pointless.
    It does for anyone who prefers to self sufficient. This cannot be debated. Lose the buff, lose the ability to play by yourself. Hampers yourself both in pvp and pvm. There are enough sacrifices made to justify keeping the buff, and in an equip that does not focus entirely on evades the buff is not even noticeable to any profession even remotely equipped at 220.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast