Page 1 of 13 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Petition To Keep Improved Precognition For Soldiers

Petition To Keep Improved Precognition For Soldiers

For anyone who has not already noticed, or read, Improved Precognition - a self only evade buff that soldiers had, has been removed. This is a significant hit to the few of us soldiers who do infact use defensively geared equips and absolutely require this nano in order to have a good enough defense rating to make even a full-out equip effective.

There are many sacrifices to this equip, from being considerably lower HP (19105 currently as an Atrox!) to losing substantial attack rating (most soldiers run around with 3650 or more, I have 3257 right now as Assault Rifle.. and lets not even mention how much Ranged Energy and special AR I've lost in the process.) You also give up over 100 heal delta (no foot or left arm Heal delta!) in order to make the setup effective.

So between lower HP, lower attack rating, lower heal delta, etc, we do give up quite a bit. Which is totally fine, sacrifices are fair. But for no reason Improved Precognition has been removed which will completely destroy any chance of the defensively geared soldier setup to work, even with all the sacrifices available.

Barely Breaking 3k dodge, and 2.9k evade close is not OP at all when you consider all the things given up, its merely a playstyle choice that is being removed without any explanation or clear thought.

This is a petition to keep Improved Precognition for soldiers.

Petition Supporters
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. Marinegent
    2. Ocene
    3. Vurtuoso
    4. Anarchic1
    5. shamenOTC
    6. Gunfytr
    7. Loucretia
    8. Autohead
    9. Boltgun
    10. Justinsane4
    11. Kitesfear
    12. Sultryvoltron
    13. Phargus
    14. Zorxer
    15. Doniger
    16. Tharss
    17. Animistic
    18. Kirnash
    19. Brampfine
    20. Walkingdeath (posted via soldier forum section)
    21. Nevo-RK3
    Last edited by Marinegent; Dec 2nd, 2010 at 18:49:39.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

/signed
    Deathmaster1 220/30/70 Dmsengi 220/28/70
    Dmstanker 220/30/70 Dmsdoc 220/25/70
    Anarchic1 126/15/35 Dmsfix 220/30/70
    Imakeyouoe 164/22/42 Imakeyouoe2 85/9/21

BM of Dark Front - We are recruiting. darkfront.org

/signed
    Shamen 220/30/70 soli/solja
    Izgimmerjoo 220/30/70 nm nt
    Roycegracie 200/30/68 opi ma
    keeledjoo 171/23 atrox/advy
    fixsham 150/16 opi/fix
    shamsenf 95/10 atrox
    shamensmp 86/9 opi
    shamography 213 engie tradeskiller
    samydavisjnr 116/10 trader

TSW
    Dragon "Isham" hammer/chaos/shottie on Daemon
    Dragon "Starzy" assault rifle/blade on cerberus

/signed
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

/signed
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

I see no reason to cry. /Lol'd
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    I see no reason to cry. /Lol'd
    http://forums.anarchyonline.com/show...0&postcount=20 nuff said >.>
    Shamen 220/30/70 soli/solja
    Izgimmerjoo 220/30/70 nm nt
    Roycegracie 200/30/68 opi ma
    keeledjoo 171/23 atrox/advy
    fixsham 150/16 opi/fix
    shamsenf 95/10 atrox
    shamensmp 86/9 opi
    shamography 213 engie tradeskiller
    samydavisjnr 116/10 trader

TSW
    Dragon "Isham" hammer/chaos/shottie on Daemon
    Dragon "Starzy" assault rifle/blade on cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by shamenOTC View Post
    how did u found it?!!
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

I can't sign Marine, evades for a soldier are like high attack rating for doctors or high health for MAs/fixers. They never made sense to me.

Hate to say it, R.I.P evade trox without WIT dodge/dodge buff, 2010-2010.
    Ctrlaltwin. Man. Legend.

Quote Originally Posted by tharss View Post
    I can't sign Marine, evades for a soldier are like high attack rating for doctors or high health for MAs/fixers. They never made sense to me.

Would still be possible post balance as opifex for the perma 100 aad buff, or even solitus using sphere for spike AAD.

Nothing wrong with allowing soldiers to have decent evades when you consider all the sacrifices made above.
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

soldiers are clearly an evade profession.

clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatess View Post
    soldiers are clearly an evade profession.

clearly.
    You can go without the trolling.

Not being a dedicated evade profession is fine. Making sacrifices to be somewhat viable as such is part of what makes Anarchy Online the game it is. One with CHOICES. I would like to KEEP those choices for soldiers.

Not only is improve precog removed, all evade nanos have been removed. They don't fit in with the overall design of the soldier and what the dev team feels they should be. However, nothing is set in stone at this stage, so if you have a well-thought argument as to why they should stay, post it here and I'll pass the message along.

High HP and heal delta seems to be the focus now. While you can make a huge sacrifice to create an evade soldier, it's not really what the soldier concept was intended to be - I'm not sure why we had the evade buffs we did had in the first place. Losing them is a blow to everyone, not only fully geared def soldiers, as they helped to mitigate critical hits.

At the end of the rebalance, though, given the changes to perks and items and nano costs, virtually every soldier is going to need a full IPR to be effective so we can fully use the new options open to us. It's not as if only the few soldiers in a full def setup are going to have to rework their equipment and IP - we all will.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Quote Originally Posted by tharss View Post

I got to agree here. Evades aint for soldiers.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old maintainer and hoster of Helpbot, Xyphos, AO Minecraft Server, AO Devs
    Old dictator on Atlantean

Marine's soldier can't perk people with MR and dies in less than 1 AS recharge to Engis. Now it all makes sense... "evade" Soldier. Hahahaha! Rk2 is always great for a laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    You can go without the trolling.

Not being a dedicated evade profession is fine. Making sacrifices to be somewhat viable as such is part of what makes Anarchy Online the game it is. One with CHOICES. I would like to KEEP those choices for soldiers.
    I believe (and I hate trolls too):

Weapons should have a choice.
    Hud/utility/deck slots should have choice.
    I think armor should have a choice.
    Even a few implants.

Evades for a profession built on the basis of AAO, DAMAGE, heal delta, health, and reflects?

I should have been clear earlier Marine, I think you are one bad ass dude for coming up with an ORIGINAL build on a profession that is often times super cookie cutter with Assault Rifles and big health. You deserve that at least.

But you have to explain how evade buffs or even evade setups made LOGICAL sense. I don't want you to be cookie cutter, and maybe with re-balance there may be a little wiggle room. I just think soldiers serve a strong purpose in this game, and having original builds isn't one. They are heavy damage, with utility, decent tankability, and an important role.

And evades? Even taking a hit for it (you only could pull it off as trox due to Mongo Rage), it still didn't make sense to make such a setup viable. As I said before, it would be like seeing strong Attack rating docs, or fixers/MAs trying to roll around with 16k+ HP in pvp. It seems weird, and almost wrong. Maybe they want to break cookie cutter too, but this game really speaks for itself.

14 professions.

Cookie cutter loses its weight when each profession should play a role in itself that isn't cookie cutter compared to others. Are soldiers like any other profession in PvP? That should be another honest question to look at.

Edit: I am not signing, but I am also not unsigning. Either way it turns out, evades will seem "funky" for SOLDIERS.
    Last edited by tharss; Nov 13th, 2010 at 12:23:26.
    Ctrlaltwin. Man. Legend.

Page 1 of 13 12345678910111213 LastLast