Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deflection Amplifier

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    Most people who hate the scheol quests did them before you got any significant amounts of XP/SK for doing them.
    The xp reward might make it a bit more bearable, but that doesn't change the fact that jobe scientists is still a badly designed piece of crap. 95% of the the time you spend on the quest is still repeatedly running back and forth between upper and lower scheol. Worst quest design I've ever seen bar none

Quote Originally Posted by Xenotric View Post
    True, back then it was a bit naff, but now if you do it at the right level you can get I'd say at least about 5 levels from it, if not more (some friends got 10-15 levels from it, but I suspect shenanigans).
    No shenanigans. I started it on my crat at 195, and ended up about 3 220-hard mobs from 203. Was certainly less painful than the previous two times I've done that quest, before large rewards were added.

A lot of what makes that quest so horrible is the way NPCs screw you around by just sending you to other NPCs, sometimes bouncing you back and forth between NPCs you've been to before. It'd be nice if some of that could be looked at and modified.
    <Lazy> who knew ao f*rum denizens were such homophobes?

Lordstage Free to do anything
    Byracka iddqd
    Battlespork Eats what he kills
    Bloodforbaal Utter bastard
    Pinealgland Too weird to live, and too rare to die
    Dagenham Radioactive courier
    Fascinated Elderly nature enthusiast

would rather have to run back and forth across scheol (not so bad once you have key) then have them all next to each other and the objectives for there quests.

Going around, killing some things on the way while getting annoyed at these damn scientists not telling you everything at once and making you run around > having them all stood next to each other meaning its just basically:

Talk to number 1
    Talk to number 2
    Talk to number 1 again
    ???
    Profit

Where's the fun in that? sure its faster but you may as well just have a big button that says "Free stuff" to press.

Who says you have to talk to all those guys umpteen times? Make it shorter but harder, with some nice challenging fights scaled to the users level...

Just finished this for the 1st time, and , yes, it was as bad as I had heard. I would say combine the 2, add 1% reflect (4% total) and allow it to go in any slot. THAT would be worth losing the AR.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

I do scheol with friends, and I have a blast.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    Just finished this for the 1st time, and , yes, it was as bad as I had heard. I would say combine the 2, add 1% reflect (4% total) and allow it to go in any slot. THAT would be worth losing the AR.
    So you basically would like to have one of the best pieces of equipment in game allowing you to get 100% reflect (aka no dmg at all) vs any dmg type used by every sold all the time in his career, that comes from quest chain that is targeted towards tl4 players and gives other professions as marvelous rewards as sheol map (advy), summoned weapon that is easily ODed by howlet (mp), taunt tool that has no uses (enf), nano that makes your pets smaller so … they are smaller (???, engi), a shield that you can put in offhand so you cant use weapon in main hand (keep) etc. Now that is a totally balanced and well thought idea, I support this!
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciekafsky View Post
    So you basically would like to have one of the best pieces of equipment in game allowing you to get 100% reflect (aka no dmg at all) vs any dmg type used by every sold all the time in his career, that comes from quest chain that is targeted towards tl4 players and gives other professions as marvelous rewards as sheol map (advy), summoned weapon that is easily ODed by howlet (mp), taunt tool that has no uses (enf), nano that makes your pets smaller so … they are smaller (???, engi), a shield that you can put in offhand so you cant use weapon in main hand (keep) etc. Now that is a totally balanced and well thought idea, I support this!
    *yawn*
    (All)Reflect items are going away. And, yes, I get !points for ur responding to an ironic post.

edit: Make that a "bitter" post.
    Because we said so.

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    You will probably get 2% AAO buff on it, for compensation.
    Whats 2% of 3600? I might just take that. Good idea!!
    Because we said so.

Percentage based stats in AO are usually based on skill without equipment, perks, etc... See MA NR buffs.

So, a 2% AAO buff would probably be 2% of your IP'd skill.

Too bad you can't IP AAO
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

2% heal every 5 seconds will just have to do then

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12