Thread: Engineer's Pets and their Damage Type

Engineer's Pets and their Damage Type

Either put a new line of nanos or some type of customized weapon pods so we can change the damage type that Engineer pets deal out. Let us have a choice of damage types like Chemical, Fire, Cold, Energy, Radiation just to name a few.

Do you think that'd have a significant effect on the amount of damage a pet deals? I'm thinking it would only add 10-50 damage per hit in most cases. Personally I would like to see more ways to increase the pet's attack rating since you can't really tank if you're missing all the time. Prologic did a test a while back and determined that a ql 200 slayer's attack rating is around 650. Compare that to anything else at lvl 200, I feel that their attack rating should be at least 800 or so.
    Ionicdude - In it to win it no matter how you spin it

Giving a QL200 pet the equivalent of a dark, dark blue attack skill... I'd like to have a chat with whoever implemented the attack-algorithms of those slayerdroids.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

It isn't meant to boost damage really. It's so when you're fighting a mob who has a boosted ac against melee, your pet isn't worthless. Unlike weapons, you can't change a pet's damage type (unless you're a crat I suppose.)

Isn't that kinda the reason why some mobs have boosted ACs in certain area?

Lich × Finalizer × Dictator × Vanguard × Techno Arch-Wizard × Godfather × Eternalist × Saviour × Deity × Guru

'People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use' - Kierkegaard

Crats can change their pets damage types? Well that's new to me really unless you are talking about charms. Those are highly overrated btw unless you want to solo
    Rebbeca Omni Tek President
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

"Technological progress has merely provided us with more efficient means for going backwards."
    -Aldous Huxley