Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fix the nanomage breed!!

Fix the nanomage breed!!

(Sarcasm)w00t we get more nanopool!!! wow now we are fixed, im soo happy!!!(/Sarcasm)

Why should i be happy with more nanopool, when I:

A. Cant recharge my nanopool more than 2000, between fights...(PVM)

B. Dont live that long, that I can use half my nanopool, because I have no hp at all.(PVP)

"The Nanos were constructed especially to control Nano-bots, and in that department they perform extremely well. "

This should be the real fixes.....

Give us a nanodelta that we can feel, even in battle...

Give us nanomage only rechargers that give us 4000 np points, that requires 650 treatment and TS, and has the same disadvantages as the normal recharges...

Give us more NCU(look at my quote)

The real problem is that nanomages have no HP, and also is the breed that does the least damage... thats not balanced, nanomages should be the best damage dealers(not only NTs) because we half the time of any other breed to deal this kind of damage...

Nanomages miss with guns because of lower attackrating, but do atroxes fumble more nano programs??

but nanomages gets nanos early than Atroxes... yes thats true, but how is that gonna justify, that I have 1000+ in nanoskills, and the atrox have 1000, when the only usefull nanos require less than 900?

Its not an advantage on highlvls....
    Jamesdum President of Ragnarok
    Jamespond Member of Ragnarok
    Jamespond2 Member of Ragnarok

Want to join Ragnarok?

Quote on BrutalThug
    Because we have spy's in EVERYONE's guild so we can plan the attack while you sleep !! yeah ! hmm we clearly need to rename the guild to "nordic echelon"

I dunno I consider nanomages to be fixed with the changes to their nanopool. The nanomages will be the best breed for healers, especially in pvp where you can't just sit to recharge your nano. As for nanodelta, the higher your max nano, the higher your nanodelta.

I also don't really buy the arguement that nanomages have the worst weapon skills. They might be a few points lower due to breed caps but you guys have the best INT for nanoskills. Also your str (464), agi (464), stam(448) cap way higher than an atrox int/psy/sen (all at 400). If anything, atrox are the ones that need to be balanced, not nanomage.

Being a nanomage is better for some breeds more than others. Healing class who can turn nano into health have an advantage. Also, as a crat, being a nanomage and getting those nifty items (we are talking high level right?) give you a clear advantage to being able to cast higher nanos. Not everyone can cast mochies and have 1k+ nanoskills.

The nanomage breed was supposed to be a tradeoff in health for more nano and edge in nanoskills due to higher breedcaps. I know alot of atrox and nanomages that really like these changes to their respective HP and nanopool.
    Rebbeca Omni Tek President
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

"Technological progress has merely provided us with more efficient means for going backwards."
    -Aldous Huxley

You want a real test, make a high level nanomage adventurer.

We can heal great but our nano pool sucks and honestly if we are so uber at nano casting, our nano costs should be at least 15% less then any other breed.

Well after next patch the nano adv will have an edge in nano pool so they will be able to get off more heals, and with the right equipment have a nice advantage with nanoskills too. Sure they'll have less health a bit less weapon skills due to lower breed caps, but that's the tradeoff you make.

If nanomage get -15% nano cost, then atrox should get +15% damage when hitting people with something heavy, opifex +15% to all evades, and solitus +5% to everything across the boards as we are generalists.

Right now breed affects your HP/body dev, nano/nano pool, and the color of your attributes + what they cap at. As soon as you introduce things like additional NCU or -nano cost to one breed, you must give something to all breeds.
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

"Technological progress has merely provided us with more efficient means for going backwards."
    -Aldous Huxley

Re: Fix the nanomage breed!!

Give us a nanodelta that we can feel, even in battle...
    This is, quite simply, not going to happen. I'm currently a level 77 nanomage doc, so I'm ecstactic about the extra nanopool I'm going to be getting to help keep my team alive in bad add situations. To get a nanodelta that would be useful to me, however, it would have to be more powerful than a superior humidity extractor because when I'm spamming heals to keep the tank alive I only get off one or two more heals before I'm dry with SHE on me. (CrunchCom helps a lot more than HE) I don't think the developers are going to even consider giving nanobreeds a nanodelta anywhere near as powerful as a ql99 NT nano and I can't imagine anything less would be even useful to a higher level character.

On the other hand I agree that complete heal should be tweaked to make sure that it is, indeed, a complete heal and that nanorechargers should be looked at. Perhaps Nanomages should get a 33% boost out of using nanorechargers to offset their now 33% larger nanopool? Likewise for Atrox and treatment labs.
    Last edited by Daerkannon; Oct 11th, 2002 at 17:07:28.
    DrDaer: Doctor for Hire, Daerdevil: Speed Addict,
    RevDaer: Prophet for Profit, MaestroDaer: Salesman of DOOM (tm)
    ... all part of the collective conciousness know as Daerkannon
    Squad Commander of the Rogue's Gallery

These fixes help a few nanomage professions yes - it's the nanomage MP that doesn't benefit from it, which is what I think (and agree with) is James' real complaint.

Fiveskin

Guys, the breeds really arn't supposed to be that different i don't think. The nano mage is a little smarter, the Atrox is a little stronger, and the Opifex is a little more agile, and that's about it. I've no problem with this.
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    Thugdoom - lvl 80 enforcer
    EmissaryDoom - lvl 75 Crat
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP
    Nursedoom - lvl 57 Doctor

Arrow The way I see it...

Originally posted by BoomDoom
    Guys, the breeds really arn't supposed to be that different i don't think. The nano mage is a little smarter, the Atrox is a little stronger, and the Opifex is a little more agile, and that's about it. I've no problem with this.
    Hello BoomDoom

The way I see it Anarchy Online is all about Hit points and a minor nano poll buff wont help nanomages at all. ( but yes it will help to keep the breeds apart )

Remember that at later levels there are almost no more 'out of nano' problems - besides that 1 nano point != 1 hit point. So (for example) a Atrox NT will have ~1,5 k+ more Hp then a NanoMage NT, with the same damage both characters can do who do you think will die first?

Furthermore the nano poll buff will make recharge times longer... (better HE for NT's?)

Fun Com should think of another way to make Nano Breed a vailable choice! This breed was build to interact with nano-bots and cant leave Rubi-ka. A natural nano delta and / or -5% nano cost reduction should help.

Just my 2 cents.

Demona66

Re: Fix the nanomage breed!!

Originally posted by Jamespond

B. Dont live that long, that I can use half my nanopool, because I have no hp at all.(PVP)

The real problem is that nanomages have no HP, and also is the breed that does the least damage... thats not balanced, nanomages should be the best damage dealers(not only NTs) because we half the time of any other breed to deal this kind of damage...
    ok... your complaints seem to be more of a profession than a breed problem...

you see a NanoMage enforcer doesn't really have either of these problems... neither does a nanomage soldier... except for fewer hit points (but they weren't designed for a tank class either)

The fix was to make a little more diversity to the breeds... at the breed caps on the Atrox has a significantly low cap in any skills the rest are fairly even and result in only a FEW points difference in ALL SKILLS... yes, this includes attack rating.... An atrox MP doesn't have much of a higher attack rating...

What you should be asking for is new Nanos like the NanoTechs got... Nanos that require every last ip point and implants by a nano mage to cast... that should be the diversity...

An atrox NT would have serious difficulties ever casting the Pest Nanos...

If you want improvements your issues seem to lie in breed differences within your proffesion. An MP has a problem with this because of the significant Nano Skill Buffs they have. Especially now that Atroxes will cap at 700 more hit points.

I think the breeds are finally in a state more where they were intended... your issues seem to be more that an Atrox MP gets better armor, more hit points, and can still cast everything you can at the same speed you can...
    Last edited by Czarina; Oct 11th, 2002 at 20:13:06.

Unhappy Higher nanopool useful for?

Problem is the only thing that even more nanopool is going to be useful for is team heals. When soloing my advent he never comes close to dying because he runs out of nano (with Nanopool 2/3 of what it could be), but rather because he can't cast heals fast enough (Yes, those Nanopool IPs go into Nanoinit).

Look, after playing my Nanomage MP I've felt forced to make every character an Opifex. Like 80% of the players I see are either Opi or Nanomage. So I've got 6 opifex characters and 1 nanomage.

I'd like to make more nanomages, but they're just too gimpy....
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

Re: The way I see it...

Originally posted by Demona66
    Remember that at later levels there are almost no more 'out of nano' problems - besides that 1 nano point != 1 hit point. So (for example) a Atrox NT will have ~1,5 k+ more Hp then a NanoMage NT, with the same damage both characters can do who do you think will die first?
    Holy total wrongness, Batman! It's 900 HP, not 1500. Of course, after 14.6 they'll have 1500 more HP, but you'll have about 2000(!) more nano.

Running out of nanopool is more a profession issue than a breed issue-you'd have to give a nanomage NT twice PNH to get a nanodelta he can "feel" in battle, whereas a nanomage enf with that kind of nano regen would be incredibly powerful. I don't think I'm the only one scared of chain rage and mongo for 10 minutes.

The big, big problem in these breed discussions is that people keep misidentifying profession issues as breed issues. Consider the effect the breed fixes you propose would have on other professions.

yes in some ways its proffesion specific... like soldiers dont really use np in battles.... but as a NT, Doc, MP and crat np does matter... but the real problem is that we only got 5 sec in between mobs in a mission to recharge them... thus making our huge nanopool useless because we can at max only recharge 1900 np between mobs...

just to show my point... I was in a team today without a healer... only soldiers and 1 enforcer... it was a pain in the ass because we had to sit and wait a few minutes between each mobs, and with the atrox superior hp that takes a long time... like it would with a nanomage mp or nt, to recharge his np...

this u dont do when u got a healer in team so its just of to the next room killing... hardly got time to recharge ur nanopool 1 time between fights... so it dosent matter if u got 2k np or 6k...

cant u see that???? the issue is that u can only get new nano by recharging and thats a max of 2000 np if u got buffed treatment...
    HP gets healed all the time even under battle...

Want to join Ragnarok?

Quote on BrutalThug
    Because we have spy's in EVERYONE's guild so we can plan the attack while you sleep !! yeah ! hmm we clearly need to rename the guild to "nordic echelon"

i really cant belive that so many are so simple minded, that they believe that a bigger nanopool = more heals for the team and more nukes for NT/CRAT/MPs... Your right about this in the main room in the mission and when u start the hunt in the camp... but after that, ur heals and nukes rely only on ur nano rechargers, and not on how big ur nanopool is... so u have to sit down just as often as an atrox, and will never get more than 3k nanopool...

Note that ur advantage of ur bigger nanopool only is about 1/100 of the time, that ur using on a mission and hunting ground... the only place it would be an advantage would be in pvp... but u would already be dead before u use half ur nanopool...

Want to join Ragnarok?

Quote on BrutalThug

I understand where you are coming from with the MP + nanomage combo and how it just doesn't work very well at high levels. Of the main nano casting classes (NT, crat, engie, MP, doc) a nanomage makes the least sense for the MP using the current game mechanics + the proposed changes.

The nanomages do have an advantage over their counterparts, however, MPs do not notice this as they are able to self cast their nanos regardless of breed. I was looking through the MP nanos and their reqs and saw that their nanos required about the same nanoskills as the other professions I listed above (with the exception of the creation lines that no MP uses.. or at least I've seen use). To see it from our point of few, try to self cast all your nanos using only general buffs. Now you'll see why you get constant tells for buffs

It just seems to me that the problems that the MP + nanomage combo is facing is more profession based and not breed based. As the game stands now, a nanomage doc makes alot of sense. Nanomage crats, engies, and NTs also have the edge in being able to self cast their nanos... especially over an atrox who will hold a major HP advantage over a nanomage once this hits live. Sure the items needed are hard to get, but it is still an advantage. What MP's need is to have nanos added to them that push their nanoskills to the limit. Stuff that they are unable to cast w/mochies until they are well into TL6. What those nanos should be I have no clue really as I am certainly no expert on your profession.
    Last edited by Rebbeca; Oct 12th, 2002 at 06:29:25.
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

-Aldous Huxley

but but i was told that nanomage was the best choice for MPs.. FC told me that... noone could correct them at that time since there were no mps above lvl 10...

and i do agree that mps should have som new nanos that push our skills to the limit... as a mp being able to self cast all nanos since lvl 125 is no fun at all... especially since our high ql nanos was made for use on lower lvls, which makes them useless at highlvls....

I actually think they should make some nanomage only nanos, like they make atrox only weapons... it should be general nanos (not specific proffesion nanos)

Want to join Ragnarok?

Quote on BrutalThug

Originally posted by Jamespond
    but but i was told that nanomage was the best choice for MPs.. FC told me that... noone could correct them at that time since there were no mps above lvl 10...

And crats were told that they'd be the masters of crowd control.. however all the new mobs that are immune to most anything I can throw at them make me feel useless

Probably be better to call this thread "Fix the gimp classes of Rubi Ka"
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

-Aldous Huxley

Unhappy Nanomage

Letah crunched the Nanomage number changes for us

a 600 nanopool difference for nanomage after the changes at level 200. That's 1 heal for a doc, 1 nuke (and not one of the highest end ones) for a NT.

Plus 9 nanoskill point difference. That's generally irrelevant, there are plenty of common items that will enable you to buff for that amount. Plus the nanoskill advantage doesn't even materialize at all until after level 160.

Nanomages need a real advantage (they've already got the disadvantages to pay for them) from level 1-200. I don't think many of the suggestions for NanoDelta, NCU, nanocost, etc unreasonable as these are fairly balanced across almost all professions.

I'm also curious how may of you complaining about Nanomage have actually ever played one yourself?
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

Re: Re: The way I see it...

Originally posted by Shubalubdub
    Holy total wrongness, Batman! It's 900 HP, not 1500. Of course, after 14.6 they'll have 1500 more HP, but you'll have about 2000(!) more nano.
    We are talking here about the changes, arent we "batman"?

Besides that a slighlty higher nano poll (600+ acording to Letah) gives nano mages a minor advantage only at the start of the fight... but thats not a real advantage at later levels. Afkors it will also make recharge times longer.

In my opinion Nano mages need more to be a vailable choice.

- NCU / Nano Delta / Cost Reduction... its up to Fun Com

Good job on ignoring my main point.

You can't compare your HP to an Atrox's and then compare your NP to a current nanomage. Compare nanomage NP to Atrox NP: nanomages will have 2000 MORE NP. That's quite a bit more than one heal or one nuke. Don't forget the 112 int advantage, too.

Originally posted by Demona66:
    Remember that at later levels there are almost no more 'out of nano' problems
    Originally posted by Demona66:
    Afkors it will also make recharge times longer.
    If you're not running out of nano anyway, having 600 more nano should have zero effect on you at all.

Originally posted by Shubalubdub
    Good job on ignoring my main point.

You can't compare your HP to an Atrox's and then compare your NP to a current nanomage. Compare nanomage NP to Atrox NP: nanomages will have 2000 MORE NP. That's quite a bit more than one heal or one nuke. Don't forget the 112 int advantage, too.

If you're not running out of nano anyway, having 600 more nano should have zero effect on you at all.
    Ok im not to good at talking with ignorant people.

You didnt understand my post from the begining so lets leave it that way.

Maybe other players will be willing to explain my point of view more clear to you.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast