Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: who cares about ballance

Quote Originally Posted by AndTheHeroIs View Post
    lol@ joining this month. no right to speak.
    Just want to point out tht just because the date under their name is 2010, it doesn't instantly mean he's a noob. I could mean:

1.) a new accnt which doesn't mean he's a noob
    2.) he didn't setup his forum accnt to post but still read the forums before hand until recently

All the cool cats are 2010, sup.

Anyway if I managed to understand that wall of text I would have to say:

1. I actually agree that they need new content/mechanics a lot more than a new engine. People don't play AO not because it looks like a 2001 MMO, but because it plays like one. I don't know how sweeping this rebalance is going to be, or if what is necesary is even possible with the underlying server code etc. but if they want actual new players they gotta do something about the slow leveling, questionable physics and arcane combat rules.

2. Umm, what? Yeah okay, whatever...

3. Account transfer is illegal and stupid, but maybe they could add in a character transfer system like what CCP did with Eve-Online. Must be done for credits and not real money of course, though naturally FC can charge real money to effect the actual transfer itself. Like CCP (and apparently possibly now FC) moving into the powerlevel/RMT world, I'm not a huge fan of this sort of thing but on the same token if people are going to do it--which seems likely--I'd rather the one profiting be the developer and not some random wanker in Shanghai.

Quote Originally Posted by CppThis View Post
    1. I actually agree that they need new content/mechanics a lot more than a new engine. People don't play AO not because it looks like a 2001 MMO, but because it plays like one. I don't know how sweeping this rebalance is going to be, or if what is necesary is even possible with the underlying server code etc. but if they want actual new players they gotta do something about the slow leveling, questionable physics and arcane combat rules.
    Hah, so true.

"Hey guys, remember that grindy oldschool MMO that you stopped playing years ago? Well, it's still grindy and dated, but we tweaked some spells and made the engine shiny! Don't forget to buy some XP stims at our handy online store!"

I didn't read the post but I care about rebalance because it's not so much rebalance as it is changing the whole damn game.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12