Thread: Anarchist orgs in Booster Pack

Anarchist orgs in Booster Pack

Some of the other players and I where looking to set up an anarchist org. During our discussions some speculation came up as to how the anarchist org form will be incorporated into the Booster. Specifically, we were hoping that the Booster wouldn't simply look past the fact that anarchist orgs are supposed to be leaderless. Will the "leaders" in such organizations still have the same abilities as those of the other types, or will their role be stripped down to accurately reflect the non-hierarchical nature of anarchism?

Thanks for any info.

Interesting question. As I recall, there is still a 'leader' of sorts, someone who can perform all the org functions - so maybe they can do the 'leader' things... who knows, maybe Cz can enlighten us?
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

bump, enlighten me about this plz... buja!

Anarchies

Greetings All,

Just a quick note on "Anarchism" org types...

As it stands right now, any member of an anarchy-based organization has the abilities that a typical org leader has.

That includes renaming, recruiting, and setting org types. There are no promotions, as anarchies are flat org types. Essentially you have to really trust those in the organization with you; as any member could change the org type and assume control at any given moment.

The only thing that you can't do, to my knowledge, is get access to the Org Leader's chat channel; anarchies don't have this as an option, for some reason. Have to check it out with our org on live and see if that's changed, though. :-)

Hope that helps a bit.

- Velek
    Velek
    Test Server
    Disciple of Leet-Fu

Thanks for the info, I have had a very hard time digging up info on how an anarchism form of org works. Did you figure this out by experimenting with it yourself, or is there some website you could refer me to?

Of course my question about how anarchism fits into the booster seems all the more relevant now. Will everyone in the org have access to the tower aspects that only leaders get in other orgs? Also, is the ability for anyone to change the org at any time (without a vote procedure or such) the intent of the design or have anarchist orgs just not been worked out properly yet?

Hello Again,

I'm glad to hear that the earlier info shed a bit more light on your questions, Takvir. You do raise some good ones in your follow up, as well.

To answer you though, first -- no, I haven't been able to find any information on anarchism organizations, on the net, either. My experience in such comes from being a member of Leet-Fu. Our org type has been an anarchy since its inception, and has worked well for us. It does, though; as I mentioned, require a great deal of trust in your fellow org mates.

The fact that anarchy-based org's don't have leader chat, and are left open for all members to control, do seem to be design-intended issues. At least, that's my take on it. The only time, at present, where a majority vote is needed in an anarchy, is when a member needs to be removed. I don't recall the exact procedure for this; but I believe that once the issue is put forth, at least two other members of the org have to /org remove the individual for that person to be gone.

Back to your questions, though, you raise a very interesting question about tower control, for anarchies, as well. I'd be curious to hear the answer to this one, myself. Any information that we could be given on this would be greatly appreciated.

- Velek
    Velek
    Test Server
    Disciple of Leet-Fu