Thread: Idea to get some fun back in Camelot..

Lightbulb Idea to get some fun back in Camelot..

Either make it 0%, perhaps that maybe a little radical....

Or, change the code that spawns new dungeons at 60ish people to be side based.

So the new dungeon would hold 20 clan, 20 Omni and 20 Neutrals (is there that many?). Not like it takes more than 6 people to kill tar.

The 21st clan/omni/neut would spawn a second dungeon for example but other sides would still zone in to dungeon 1 until they hit their 20 limit and then zone in to dungeon 2.

That way we can have a fight and neutrals can form tactical alliances with one side or the other for a share of loot, or go for it themselves. Be nice if warps were stopped in to full playfields too.

Then one side, ex. clan, would flood the place with omni alts so the real omnis can't get in.
    Yagyu for life

All unique mobs are 1 of . tara 3....
    Make it one to start with.

Well, how about putting a level lock on it then? Funcom is already talking about level locking dungeons.

Think it might be a little harder to flood a gs with 125+ or 150+ alts I think. Combined with a limit per faction, and it might work.

Current system is silly. Clan just keep packing in so the minute omni dies, omni can't get back in to gs. When I have level 74 or less clanners holding vicinity conversations with me in Camelot, I kind of have to wonder if clan isn't already practicing the flooding strategy.

Originally posted by Peisinoe
    Well, how about putting a level lock on it then? Funcom is already talking about level locking dungeons.

Think it might be a little harder to flood a gs with 125+ or 150+ alts I think. Combined with a limit per faction, and it might work.
    The level lock would probably be 80-130 though, the majority of mobs in Camelot are aimed at much lower players, even Tarasque its self isnt hard.

Another sound proposition from the Voorg This thread needs to be moved to Game Mechanics probably, and not get buried

It could perhaps be team based also, where a limited number of clan, omni and neutral sided teams (say two of each) are allowed to enter each GS. once the capacity has been reached the next GS opens up. Perhaps there should be even more than 3 playfields that are possible to be opened under these conditions. However anyone returning from reclaim needs to be able to access the correct GS to rejoin their team.

This would ensure a balancing of factions inside the Dungeon, allow for strategic cooperation between factions (involving Neutrals for once), or at the least a return to some fair battles in Camelot rather than the usual 60 Clan and 4 omni (for the first 10mins of raid before then get blocked out of the playfield).

More instances of the Dungeon would be great, spawn time calculated from when the first team enters rather than the old 18hr business. But long enough to give time for proper battles to take place.

Of course I think this is probably way to complex from FC to consider implementing, but giving dungeons to small groups of players to enjoy in their own way would really give some customer satisfaction. How much time is wasted on the various boards just debating Tara situation? Over and over again - damn thats one big waste of energy that would be better directed in just playing the game and having fun.

The benefits I would see are more happy FC customers, less animosity ingame, removal of this issue from the forums - its getting old, better access to one of the last remaining PvP zones, more oppertunity to gain loot actually based on ones own merits, and hence a decreasing of the outrageous prices Tara drops go for in the market - well over priced considering the strengths of these items. Please no one complain that more items of Tara loot ingame would be some kind of problem .. tnx

Make it like SD ( *shudder*) where there is no time when all the dungeons are full, more just open up. So a new Camelot would just open up to the next 2 clan/omni/neutral teams to come along. Would open up possibilities for guild events, PvP tourneys, Dungeon crawls ( W00t !) and allsorts that just cant happen there now.

Organised systems just become too bland after a while and some anarchy needs to return to certain aspects of the game. There needs to be a structure to ensure this sure, but given the right conditions it can happen.

Heh........I just looked in Antiguardians, and there are only 10 lvl190+ Neuts on RK1. And only 35 lvl150+. Only 56 lvl125+(the cutoff for Tara). Getting 20 out of 56 would be impossible, I'm sorry to say........due to time zone differences, chars that aren't played anymore, and I see at least 2 in that list from the Vandelmar Consortium(RP-only chars).

Sooo....thanks for thinking of us, but I'm afraid there will NEVER be a competitive Neutral presence at Tara. I *do* go from time to time, but if you see more than 3 Neuts there at once I'd almost have a heart attack LOL

The times that I *have* gone, I'm more a liability than an asset; I have to go well in advance so that I can go through the Box room and down to the T room before the fighting starts. I'm lmited to being affiliated with the side origionally holding the Box/T rooms that way.....trying to be on the "raiding" side isn't an option, I'd just draw fire from the side I'm trying to help. I'm basically just another body to fill the GS for the side I'm affiliated with. I've never lived long enough yet to even *see* Tara, but if I did, I sure would jump in to help kill it.

I've gone there with both Clan and Omni before. I have to say, that Neutrals SHOULD NOT be allowed to change affiliations during a T spawn, as some people fear. I've never done that, and never will. That's not right. Going to DIFFERENT T spawns with the other faction should be okay though i.e. affiliated with Clan on Tuesday, then Omni on Thursday. I also will not "spy" for the other faction......just like mission teams, once I'm with you, I'm all yours.

Then there's the fact that Camelot is 25%......I'm a sitting duck WAITING to be attacked. And because I have friends on BOTH sides, I'm loathe to even defend myself when I *am* attacked. I suppose I should at least TRY to defend myself.......but can you see a Neut Mongoing at Tara??? LOL I'd get spanked by 30 different people all at once, Clan AND Omni. Same with 2ho...why go there when Mongo would have the whole place on me? Also, don't forget I'm most likely self-buffed, as someone would have to leave their team and team with me to buff me.

Sooo....I may still go from time to time. But overall, Neutrals and Camelot mix like water and vegetable oil.

edit: maybe there should be a pop-up box for Neuts at Tara, asking which side they're affiliated with? Picking Omni, for example, would temporarily(during the time I'm in the GS) actually change my affiliation to Omni, thus taking me off Omni's Tab. I could then become a fully-functioning asset for the side I'm affiliated with.....and lock it, so Neuts wouldn't be able to switch affiliations during that particular spawn. Would have to be done carefully though, this "temporary" affiliation shouldn't kick me out of my Guild, for example.
    Last edited by Nealandbob; Oct 11th, 2002 at 20:29:45.
    Nealandbob Headbasher Burninsword-RK1
    Deathfyst Tonofbricks -RK2
    Tonofbricks Nealandbob -RK Test embracing my inner Brat
    Finally back from Iraq
    Enforcers ONLY vote here!
    WoW-Pahani, Skywall/Horde and Barthilas/Horde
    "A good Enforcer dies a lot"-Deng
    "FC didn't create Enforcers, Deng did" -Tza

excellent suggestions... one of the biggest problems with tarasque is the number of people allowed in a dungeon. If it is a PvP area then one side should not be able to shutout the other side by showing up 1 hour early with 60 people... many times.. including server up... clan will own one dungeon and omni another... or recently clan has just overwhelmed all dungeons with 100+ people at tarasque every outing... force PvP by limitting the number of each side allowed in the dungeon at a time...make people fight for their loots. With 3 GS's you have enough for 90 clan and 90 Omni to show up.. this same groups takes three tarasques for 3 times the loot is pretty silly. Right now over 90 clansmen show up to tarasque.. they could fill up their dungeons and then only omni resistance is needed for 3 dungeons full of PvP!.... a neutral can just fill a slot neither clan nor omni until one side fills.. if 30 clan then neutral takes up an omni spot...

So the new dungeon would hold 20 clan, 20 Omni and 20 Neutrals (is there that many?). Not like it takes more than 6 people to kill tar.
    Actually, a better figure would be 27 each of Clan/Omni, and 6 Neut......6 Neutrals would still be a tall order, but maybe possible with some planning ahead of time. To put it in perspective: I've been in less than 10 all-Neut teams in over a year. Probably closer to 5.
    Finally back from Iraq

i don't go to tara cause of the lag, now am i understanding this right...

the lag is caused because that dungeon can only hold 60 people at a time, and it's getting flooded by people getting beacon warped in there?

i don't know if this still happens, but thought i heard that some players would log their engi's in there so when they logged back on they were already there and could start warping. um, when i log off after completing a mission but i'm still in boss room, next time i log back on i'm outside (in bs of course heh).

why not make camelot sorta like a mission dungeon ? after tara is killed the dungeon is "reset" sorta like a regular mission. i mean no more new mob spawns in that particular dungeon, and if you log off inside, when you come back on you're back outside.

course, since i don't go there dunno if that is good idea or not, just a suggestion.

Voorg's idea gets a big BUMP from me
    Finally back from Iraq

Bump But.. IT could be hard to implent 0% anyway.. And it would be more complaining then agreeing =/
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

Limit tara to 1 dungeon. If it's full, you're **** outta luck, try to be there for the next spawn. I've seen (on rk2) that clan and omni end up cooperating, trying to spawn as many dungeouns as possible to harvest the loot. Imo, this turns over to the edge of exploting. Tara is supposed to be unique, make it unique.

Lich × Finalizer × Dictator × Vanguard × Techno Arch-Wizard × Godfather × Eternalist × Saviour × Deity × Guru

'People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use' - Kierkegaard

Originally posted by eaze
    Limit tara to 1 dungeon. If it's full, you're **** outta luck
    Then you'd get people crying about people camping and warping in, not giving them a chance in. If its full, you're kinda **** outta luck anyways (lag).

Originally posted by Voorg

The level lock would probably be 80-130 though, the majority of mobs in Camelot are aimed at much lower players, even Tarasque its self isnt hard.
    id like to see an 80-130 team take down tara

edit* and even though the mobs are around ql130ish they still hit like a ql180 mob
    BettyRoss (A) dont ever turn yer back on a shady motha backstab4lyfe
    Gwend (A) The original complete healing engineer
    wtts :: prof ring quests

the "i dont need punctuation" army