Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Still no word from CoT

Re: Re: Snarfyworld, the new entertainment park

Originally posted by Darksnake

And mother earth (Gaia), Aye... She is dead. She died when her children moved from her...

And she cryes.
    hmmm just wondering... how can you use the therm "and she cryes"...if she is already dead?

And Snarf... well i have to give you right about we need some real NMPCs we can talk too :O)

and Chatan... u must understand, Snarf is AtroX ;O)

Post She is dead

Earthmother Gaia is dead, but her spirit and soul lives on.
    Hope lives on.

Wink Snarf is right...kind of

Fist of all Gaia is more than jus an earth entity to say that something like that is dead you have to first understand that you are talking abou a concept. For a concept to be dead it i lost. The concept is not lost and thus the idea that it embodys is not gone. This has nothing to do with the matter at hand however. I belive that NPCs must be role played and used to further a plot. NPC stands for non player character. KEY WORD = character. A character is a member of a plot line that (through interaction) furthers the plot or story to allow for a final theme to be explored.

In this instance I think it is safe to say that the NPCs do not exist in the way Snarf was thinking. He meens that they do not interact as characters being directly invovlved in the story. Insteed they are a part of another story. The movies and the FC planed events that players have no influence over. These are meant to furhter the plot andthe expierience for the players. However in many instances they may as well happen in another world, a sort of Rubi-ka 3 where no players have any power. These are the infalable parts of storys that drive the game. In this sense, in the rubikka 1 they do not exist.

This is not to say that they do not have some influence on the story but rather that they being the only influence on it take away much of what role playing is. The big difference between role playing and story telling is that the GM allows the players to shape and be a part of the whole theme. In this instace is seems that we are living in a world where there is a story being told and we are meerly incorpreal (sp) bystanders who look on and are ocasionally lucky enough to veiw a byproduct of an envent on this rubika 3.

my plea would be to let us in to rubika 3 please. Let us do things that GMs will notice and will change the world we play in. Even if it meens a patch a week i say go for it. Let the Role playing begin...

I am open for coment and would apriciate any and all critizism on a mature level. (and yes im aware my spelling sucks try to look past it for meening )

-Thanks for your time
    > Twillite <

Smile Good idea.

I think it would be a good idea to have a Roleplaying only RK3, but the chances that it will happen are very small, it would mean even more patching from FC, first update all servers with the normal patch then the special patch for RK3, but if it would happen if would be great fun though, if only role-players showed up that is. No more of that 'I only play this game to get real high level' thing

Ugluk !
    General of Night Assault Legion.

Smile Omni-Emune and TNC pulls through

Seems the initiative of Omni-emune and TNC has now shown positive results. The reactions of CoT, the clarifications from OT officials. All ad up to what went on at the protests in Tir.

Thanks for the guilds and individuals that supported us.

Chartan

PS: Yeah I know Arila, Im a bit out on the edge when with expectations for an atrox like Snarf, but Im like that, I dont give up hope, even if its hopeless...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12