Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Still no word from CoT

Exclamation Still no word from CoT

Still no word from CoT
    It has become clear that several clan factions are not supporting CoT, who has still not spoken up about the Dust to Dust. If the clans are truly this disorganized, it could mean that negotiations between the CoT and OT is of no value.

At a before-diaster meeting, where several factions were invited, the seriousness of the situation became more and more clear.

The prominent people were among others : Pomka, Subcore from Heirs of Russians, Darkmenace, Random23 from 3305 Local, Spinzer and Chartan from Omni Emune, Sunraven, Rarius from Ragnarok Incorporation, Rederon from Knight of Sacrifice, Jamespond, Arila, Gulbaek2 and Batla from The Nordic Conspiracy.

The meeting started out well, with order and respect, but soon developed with clan people leaving in protest. The purpose of the meeting was to maybe find a last solution to the Dust to Dust problem. No news was received by the CoT and not everybody understood why a direct denouncement of Dust to Dust is necessary.

First speaker Spinzer pointed out that some clan people might know of some local ICC personnel that could get the ball rolling. Rederon commented that he had already contacted a local ICC for this purpose and again sharply pointed out that CoT did not represent many clans. One can wonder why he choose to become clan then and not neutral. The discussion turned a corner with discussion of who could be behind the Dust to Dust and Arila mentioned that it couldn’t be Redruum, he was too dumb for such and was merely a puppet if anything. Rederon agreed on this. Chartan tried to explain what the conflict was all about (the resources of the planet), but when it became clear for Rederon that this meant he was a criminal, Rederon left the meeting in protest. Rarius tried to use diplomacy and suggested : What if enough clan guilds signed an official site-message, that they did not in any way support the Dust to Dust. Chartan replied that he could not promise that would be enough for everyone, but that it would not hurt to try. This was the last of the meeting. You could almost feel the sad kind of distrustful and worrying feeling among most present when they left the secret meeting room.

Aftermath: When I came out from the meeting, Arila was laying on the ground, seemingly shot down by an unknown clanner. Is the war coming?

Arila was shot down after the meeting yesterday which didnt result in a new peace, and tonight (9pm GMT) The Nordic Conspiracy, Omni Emune and several other omni guilds will go to Tir to recieve the words from CoT, if not, we have decided to declare war

> we have decided to declare war

About time. We decided that 4 months ago.

Cheers to war,
    Snarf
    Snarf: Level 165 Atrox NT

"At one time you were maybe a little useful Snarf. Now you're just being annoying." -- Hawkman

"Well one guy said Atrox was the worst breed for the NT. The other guy said......'You tell that to Snarf....he'll kick your arse!' You are a NT Rockstar!" -- Hemicuda

"Snarf, Snerf, Nerf. It's YOU that brought nerf to NT's you you!" -- Rhayden

"Snarf cuts to the core of the problem like a chainsaw to a bunny rabbit." -- Deaddreamer

Why should the CoT respond? You gave an ultimatum of 72 hours,or you'd attack, then you attacked after 10 minutes. You're already at war. The council has no reason to respond. In fact I dont think they SHOULD give in to demands of terrorists like the OT factions who went on a killing spree.

There is no CoT.

Get over it.

"At one time you were maybe a little useful Snarf. Now you're just being annoying." -- Hawkman

"Well one guy said Atrox was the worst breed for the NT. The other guy said......'You tell that to Snarf....he'll kick your arse!' You are a NT Rockstar!" -- Hemicuda

"Snarf cuts to the core of the problem like a chainsaw to a bunny rabbit." -- Deaddreamer

oh yeah.

Clarification:

The 72 hours was uphold. There was no attacks by the official organizers or supporters in that timelimit. We are aware that there was renegades, but that was to be expected, as there always are. We can only take a distance to such and try to avoid it.

And Snarf... CoT is present, the ruler of the clanners, and the only hope for peace. There currently are no other who can negotiate for the clanners. Support them or not, just hope they will keep supporting you (why they do that, I personally dont understand).

Chartan

The person who attacked happened to be the one who spread the word about the protest in the first place. Besides, as has already been stated numerous times, you have no authority to demand an appology, only Philip Ross and his superiors do. Ask Mr.Ross to take the issue up with Radiman durring their next chess match if it's so important to you. IMHO you're protesting the wrong side.

> And Snarf... CoT is present, the ruler of the clanners, and the only hope for peace. There currently are no other who can negotiate for the clanners. Support them or not, just hope they will keep supporting you (why they do that, I personally dont understand).

Present where? In that oblisk building with no doors in Tir? And who are "they"? It's RUN by the heads of the most influential clans? Really? Pity no clans I've ever even HEARD of are on it. And pity it never meets. And pity it never says anything. And pity it doesn't DO anything. You have a funny definition of existence.

The CoT does not exist. The closest thing ever to the CoT was Lorekeep's CCL. The CCL *DID* exist, and therefore IMHO had more authority than any hand-waving lets-play-pretend CoT.

Snarf

If you don't like playing pretend, you might want to try another gaming genre than ROLE PLAYING games. The council does do stuff BTW, read the news. Ever wonder why clan guards offer amnesty to any Omni that passes by? If you don't like the council, kick them out. You are the mayor of Tir right?

> Ever wonder why clan guards offer amnesty to any Omni that passes by?

They offer amnesty because it was easy for Funcom to code.

> If you don't like the council, kick them out. You are the mayor of Tir right?

I never said I don't like the council, I said that they don't exist. I try not to become hostile to non-existent entities; it's bad for the mental health.

If the CoT met once a week, it would exist. If some clans were involved in it, it would exist. If members of the CoT were EVER seen, it would exist. But alas, none of these are the case, and therefore it does not exist.

At least you can see this so called "fake" Mayor running around, building a clan, killing things, posting messages, and making a lot of noise. That's a lot more real than the CoT is... isn't it?

Hell, Captfallout IMHO has more authority over Omni-Tek than this so called non-existent "omni admin" does. I can see him, I can hear him (ok, so I cant, since he's /ignored), and he exists.

NPCs MUST STILL BE PLAYED BY SOMEONE. If you don't talk, act, crap, and eat breakfast, then you are NOT an NPC or NPC organization. They are supposed to be played by the dungeon master, the GMs, the people who are running the world... the virtual gods. But no one is even making an ATTEMPT to play or facilitate the CoT, omni-admin, the cyborgs, or any of these other so called parties in Rubi-Ka.

They do not exist because Funcom has failed to make them exist.

Snarf

I get your point, but this has little to do with this thread. Post this under it's own topic. I think it's merits deserve discussion.

This thread is about the lack of response from the CoT, not whether it exists or not. It exists in a roleplaying sense, and that's what this section of the forums is for: role playing. Telling us to "Get over it" provides nothing constructive to this thread.

Let us have our fun discussing the imaginary Council's actions or lack thereof. By your reasoning Omni-Tek's executives don't exist either. Go post about that too if you want, just not here.

Who exists?

Snarf your *****ing about Funcom and what they do, this has nothing to do with the roleplaying we do here. Please go to appropiate forum thread to do that.

By your account, even mother earth dont exist...

If you guys read the outcome on the surrounding of the CoT building Lev says he didn't even invite a rep to arrive... i talked to a GM and he didn't even know what i was talking about

> By your account, even mother earth dont exist...

You've really got to stop talking to the trees.

Snarf

Mother Earth? LOL, I bet you think there's a God too huh? ROFL

Lev?

Lev???

Lev didnt have anything to do with the planning of that event. He incidently came by... He is quite good at shouting though, so he did get noticed. So much that several people expressed that they didnt want this to escalate to a war. Lev won that part...

and Snarf... get real.. defend yourself, like a man..

Mother earth is a way to describe the first planet of the federal systems. How did anyone get this to be trees and gods??? Weird...

You still don't get it. If you think there's a need to role-play a planet, you've got issues. The whole point is that entities which we need to communicate with must be role-played by SOMEONE.

If you really believe that the planet of Earth needs to speak, move, and attend meetings, then yes... you've got to stop talking to the trees.

Snarf

Snarf, if youi think he was talking about role-playing mother earth, you've got issues...

Snarfyworld, the new entertainment park

Mike... its ok.. Snarf obviously lives in his own terrifying world that noone else understands. Let him. If for nothing else, its fun for the rest of us...

Re: Snarfyworld, the new entertainment park

Originally posted by Chartan
    Mike... its ok.. Snarf obviously lives in his own terrifying world that noone else understands. Let him. If for nothing else, its fun for the rest of us...
    I understand him, and fully agree with him.

If nobody plays the NPC´s, no REAL interaction between NPC and non-npc can be held.

And mother earth (Gaia), Aye... She is dead. She died when her children moved from her...

And she cryes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast