Thread: The Notum Wars: my two credits

The Notum Wars: my two credits

well well well... the booster certainly looks good. perhaps a little overpriced, but all the new features should make up for that (i hope...).
    out of all the new features, the one i shall be mostly using is probably the new vehicles. they look great, and i can hardly wait to get one. only thing is, how much will these vehicles cost? they look as though they will be extremely expensive, and if they are i think we should be able to sell back our old vehicles as said on a previous post to get enough money for them. whats the point of having two yalms when you only need one? the same goes for the mantas, they seem to me to be like a kodiak only bigger, better looking and with weapons. all good stuff, but i'll bet the weapons addition will make them cost much more in stores than a kodiak. for those of us who want a manta but already have a kodiak, i think we should be able to trade them in to get the cash back to allow us to save up for a manta (if they are gonna be expensive, then 50k is hardly gonna help out but still.. the principle is there).
    oh, and i hope the vehicles are gonna be bigger than the current ones... take a look around Rubi Ka and you will see that the vehicles people use are much much smaller than they are supposed to be (compared to the various Yalms and Kodiaks dotted around in parking lots and the like).
    one last thing, i think that some engineer changes are long overdue... i'm hoping that they will be included in the booster. i know for a fact that will calm down a lot of people on these boards (me for one).
    stay safe.

--Nexus

I'm gonna catch flack for this but oh well...

I really hope the vehicles are tremendously expensive. The game needs a cash sink, and a large one. As in most of these games, credits are becoming worthless. There is essentially an unending supply. If something is not done, the economy is going to become soley dependant on extremely rare items. After the duped credits scandal this summer, we're already heading that way. Many people will complain that making these vehicles expensive is a bad thing as new players won't be able to afford them. However, in the long run, this works in everyone's favor, as you won't need to have X amount of pieces of Dragon Armor just to purchase your shiny new gun/armor/what have you.
    Johnny "Hydeo" Toxic
    Level 212 Fixer
    Veteran of Midnight Reveries
    Horrible Person

Ouch... very controversial Hydeo. you have a point though, but it will limit people able to have vehicles to only the higher levels... and not everybody is a higher level. You are right, there is a limitless supply of credits to those who want them, it just takes a hell of a long time to get them unless your above level 100 (which is when you really need them) so there is a compromise already in place.
    i can't say i agree with the idea of ludicurously expensive vehicles... having a vehicle is pretty much mandatory to get aroung RK once you get above level 50 (when the missions start to get harder and futher away from the big cities), and if nobody can afford one then, your gonna have a lot of very angry Rubikans...

Nexus out...

I agree in part with what you're saying, but I doubt they'll raise the price of normal Yalms. Let's face it, nobody has trouble getting a yalm even at low level (which is really the only time you need one, since you don't need to fly from NLC to BS and back). You either save it up or get it from friends. 5 million credits isn't much at all. This is what guilds are for, and if you're guild can't scrape together 5 mil to get you a yalm, you're in trouble Anyway, my point is, that people will still be able to afford normal transportation, but the new and presumably uber vehicles, are going to be for the dedicated players, not the low levels. If you want the kewl toyz, you've got to work for them.
    Johnny "Hydeo" Toxic
    Level 212 Fixer
    Horrible Person

ahhh, now i see where your coming from.
    dont you agree however, that we should be able to trade in our current vehicles in order to help out with the cost? as i said before, there is no point in having two yalms. perhaps the people who already have a yalm when they install the booster would be able to trade in their current vehicle for a nice shiny new one? just an idea.
    presumably only the dedicated players would actually be bothered to work for the new vehicles and the benefits (if any other than looking extremely cool) they give anyway though. i wouldent than them to be extremely difficult to get, simply because i want one. lol, but i'm not bothered about having to work a bit for the privilage first. it would make me and everyone else who gets one appreciate it more.

Nexus Out...

everyone seems to forget that the towers look like they are going to be one big money sink

Yeah, but some people won't participate in tower PvP, and there's a money sink for them in the new colored Yalms/ground vehicles.

The people who will participate in neither are a pretty minimal portion of the player base, I suspect.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

I'd be fine with removing the NODROP tags from vehicles. If the new ones are suitably expensive people are not going to randomly dump them on thier alts. So, yeah, I'd be in favor of being able to sell your old yalm for a bit o' cash for the new one.

/me Sets up a Used Car Dealership Tower.
    Johnny "Hydeo" Toxic
    Level 212 Fixer
    Horrible Person