Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Will FC change any pvp level ranges?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Problem solved ... 220's can't attack 170's.
    But can heal the 207 who is fighting the 170.. Duh!

Like, yeah, so what? That's not news to anyone ... or it shouldn't be.

BTW, aren't you the guy that doesn't care?
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Like, yeah, so what? That's not news to anyone ... or it shouldn't be.

That's what we want to see fixed.

Bump for TL5 wars without TL7 involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Animistic View Post
    Bump for TL5 wars without TL7 involved.
    I second that.
    After all, there are no tl5 wars on rk1 at all for that reason.

It's okay guys. I mean it played out exactly like myself and others said years ago that it would. Obtena was there too then and told us it was the community's fault for overleveling.

Well. The results of Obtena's reasoning are in now. No real tl5 nw for as long as I can remember and zero sign of change on the horizon. In fact it's only getting more and more quiet.

There you go. Zero NW. Good job!

ps. Two towerflagged 150's griefing some tiny site somewhere isn't real nw.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    It's okay guys. I mean it played out exactly like myself and others said years ago that it would. Obtena was there too then and told us it was the community's fault for overleveling.

Well. The results of Obtena's reasoning are in now. No real tl5 nw for as long as I can remember and zero sign of change on the horizon. In fact it's only getting more and more quiet.

There you go. Zero NW. Good job!

ps. Two towerflagged 150's griefing some tiny site somewhere isn't real nw.
    I wouldn't blame players but the system. It simply is flawed, pvp ranges are set wrong cos for some reason FC didn't take different IP, perk (and equip) scaling of SL levels into consideration. Should have been fixed loong time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottik View Post
    I wouldn't blame players but the system. It simply is flawed, pvp ranges are set wrong cos for some reason FC didn't take different IP, perk (and equip) scaling of SL levels into consideration. Should have been fixed loong time ago.
    Hey no argument from me there. I agree completely. In fact I've been saying the same thing for 3+ years now. There are some others that still believe that it's the communities fault though.

Hey no argument from me there. I agree completely. In fact I've been saying the same thing for 3+ years now. There are some others that still believe that it's the communities fault though.
    Sure, you could blame the community, but we are talking about a "gamer's community".
    And a gamer's community will always have a proportion of players that will use whatever the system allows to take advantage. (I m not talking about exploit, but what the system legitimately allows, like 207 hitting on 165 and so on)

It's almost impossible to have all the players saying : "ok, this is wrong, let's do TL5 tower wars with level XXX max toons" and noone bringing a 201+.

What the system doesn't impose, the "community" will no do.
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

It's a good example of "the customer is always right". The whole community has signaled for years that it will not engage in the type of laddering fests that tl5 nw has been over the last few years. It just sucks. And yes that means that the community is also not willing to bring 220's to kill the 214's pocketing their 170's that are killing the uber 150's you brought!

Ah, I though you agreed with Obtena. My bad, sorry

Did you and others reroll 150 twinks to prove me wrong? Nope? OK, then you haven't proved anything except you want to rehash old nonsense. All this has been covered already so if you aren't bringing something new to the table, you don't really have a point. If you aren't smart enough to deal with the strategy part of the NW, FC shouldn't be tasked to hardcode it in for you and you don't have grounds to QQ about it.
    Last edited by Obtena; Mar 24th, 2011 at 14:22:58.

What would rerolling to 150 achieve ?

150s vs 170s is hard, but it's "normal"

150s vs 170s pocketed by 205+ is impossible.
    // Break time //

Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale

There are other levels for twinks at TL5 wars that make that particular laddering tactic completely irrelevant. Like I said ... smart enough to have strategies, willing enough to try them out. HINT: QQing on the forums is not a NW strategy.
    Last edited by Obtena; Mar 24th, 2011 at 14:59:55.

You ignore the realism of the situation here ... If you are so outnumbered that someone can pocket 170's with 207's and have 220 support to boot, you weren't going to win that anyways. In addition, there are other levels for TL5 wars that make that laddering completely irrelevant. Like I said ... smart enough to have strategies, willing enough to try them out. QQing on the forums is not a NW strategy.
    Oh, I didn't notice this topic is about NW strategy. I should take off my sun glasses next time.

On the serious note - no matter what you do to lessen or avoid this gap it doesn't change the fact pvp ranges since 201+ are not scaling properly thus they are wrong or broken in common sense. Although I agree all of these points have been said multiple times already.
    Last edited by Scottik; Mar 24th, 2011 at 15:08:35.

There are other levels for twinks at TL5 wars that make that particular laddering tactic completely irrelevant. Like I said ... smart enough to have strategies, willing enough to try them out. HINT: QQing on the forums is not a NW strategy.

Please enlighten us ?
    // Break time //

Froob for 3 years :

Sloob since 2009 :

Judging by you signature, I think you can do it, unless you haven't learned how to multiply yet. I don't think it's completely random coincidence you rolled twinks at those levels. I will leave it as an exercise for you to figure it out because it's not magic, you just need to try harder.
    Last edited by Obtena; Mar 24th, 2011 at 15:21:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottik View Post
    Oh, I didn't notice this topic is about NW strategy. I should take off my sun glasses next time.

On the serious note - no matter what you do to lessen or avoid this gap it doesn't change the fact pvp ranges since 201+ are not scaling properly thus they are wrong or broken in common sense. Although I agree all of these points have been said multiple times already.
    Well, yes it is related to NW strategy. Choosing the right levels for your NW twinks and using them in the right situations is a strategy and it's clear that far to many people are ignoring it. No, they don't scale properly. That's true. That's why you should avoid them by rolling proper level twinks.
    Last edited by Obtena; Mar 24th, 2011 at 15:23:20.

I think you can do it, unless you haven't learned how to multiply yet.
    If you are so sure about your "strategy", how about you cut the bs and expose it for discussion instead of saying "I m smart and everybody else is dumb" ?
    // Break time //

Froob for 3 years :

Sloob since 2009 :

How about you cut the BS as well? You're telling me you can't figure out what levels avoid pocketed 170 twinks? If you can't, maybe I have assumed too much about your arithmetic abilities. Back to school with you.
    Last edited by Obtena; Mar 24th, 2011 at 15:22:34.

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast