Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Will FC change any pvp level ranges?

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    It's beyond me how they can allow people like you be pro's.
    Hey, I voted him and he won ~Troll professional~ and he shows us every day that he deserves his title.
    First level 1 soldier with BOC in Anarchy Online<---[CGS] project
    Owned and killed tl1/2 NW for months, time to leave and give chance to clan "twinks".
    First trader with 100% JAME ql 141 at level30 at rk1
    Clan PVP org[1-220] in one line
    [Questra]: well i hate omnis having side xp [Questra]: but i'm afraid to spoil your fun i'm only gonna plant neutral bases at tl2 now, so you'll have to piss the neuts off if you want to zerg lowbie sites
    Darkirbiska/Darkirbis/Marburg1111/Mavherick/Irbiska/Ultimater2/Ultimater/Ilubtower and some froobs....wtb more slots [retired]

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Seems like it if you read the forums. proof? People crying about being ganked by 207's when THEY rolled the wrong level.
    And once again you choose to completely ignore the fact that if you do choose to be out of SL level range you will get eaten by higher tl5's pocketed by tl7's.

No doubt you will now "counter" that argument by saying that if we want tl5 NW we should bring a small army of 220's to take care of the low tl7's and once more we will remind you that it's no fun and the community isn't prepared to do that.

The result is dead tl5 NW as proven over the years. Or are you trying to deny that too?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkirbiska1 View Post
    Hey, I voted him and he won ~Troll professional~ and he shows us every day that he deserves his title.
    You can vote for pro's?

Can you also vote them out?

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchic1 View Post
    Now people hating on twinks? really? There's some people in the game that have multiple 220s and turn to twinks for enjoyment. It's actually better than tl7 in my opinion. It's not meant for everyone, but please don't call it retarded. Else we will have no choice but to start flaming how retardly easy tl7 pvming is
    For the loleth time, the trouble is not twinks existing, it's people like Obtena considering NW is the property of twinks only and should stay as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena
    People crying about being ganked by 207's when THEY rolled the wrong level.
    This just proves the entire point that it is high time range are reviewed to snatch NW from the elitist hands of the "right level" lobby.
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

And once again you choose to completely ignore the fact that if you do choose to be out of SL level range you will get eaten by higher tl5's pocketed by tl7's.
    I'm not ignoring it .. i just acknowledge that laddering is a valid NW tactic. It happens at all TL's. YOU are ignoring this fact.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

I'm not ignoring it .. i just acknowledge that laddering is a valid NW tactic. It happens at all TL's. YOU are ignoring this fact.
    no hes not ignoring the fact, how can he be when hes asking for a change of the said fact.

tl5 tower sites should be restricted to tl5, if not i saw a thread which said change them all to tl7.

Actually each org should just have a Tl7 tower field which is un attackble by anyone else, there all the care bears are happy. in somewhere like a private serenity island gaff, we org mates can all meet up and admire there towers

then change the current nw mechanics to previous suggestions mentioned.
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

No,...that's called abusing poor game mechanics.. it has nothing to do with mass-PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    No,...that's called abusing poor game mechanics.. it has nothing to do with mass-PVP.
    Let's be fair Ocene, it's not the worse abuse of game mechanics, nor will it ever be until true balance hits. Just another hole in the mass PvP hole.
    Ctrlaltwin. Man. Legend.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    It's funny you think laddering = poor game mechanics. Honestly, you think laddering is just a really terrible side effect of PVP level ranges? I don't. I bet it's a completely anticipated effect of the laddering FC put in place ... and I bet FC like it that way, otherwise they wouldn't have rolled it out from 75 to 200 and finally to 220. I think everyone at FC knew it would happen with that system and it's so simple a fool could figure it out ... it would be almost stupid not to see that coming.

... and yes, laddering has alot to do with NW PVP. It's an integral part of choosing what twink to bring to a battle.
    Last edited by Obtena; Nov 8th, 2010 at 05:17:14.

It's funny you think laddering = poor game mechanics. Honestly, you think laddering is just a really terrible side effect of PVP level ranges? I don't. I bet it's a completely anticipated effect of the laddering FC put in place ... and I bet FC like it that way, otherwise they wouldn't have rolled it out from 75 to 200 and finally to 220. I think everyone at FC knew it would happen with that system and it's so simple a fool could figure it out ... it would be almost stupid not to see that coming.

... and yes, laddering has alot to do with NW PVP. It's an integral part of choosing what twink to bring to a battle.
    you've probably heard this before, but:

You're annoying.

You're annoying.
    Aw be nice.. I wouldn't say annoying!

I'd say stupid.

You're annoying.
    no need for that mcknuckle, just because someone is consistantly wrong about everything does not make them annoying, and if it annoys you then maybe the problem isnt him.
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

Aw be nice.. I wouldn't say annoying!

I'd say stupid.
    If that's your best, you need to work harder. Me being stupid isn't a compelling reason to make FC change TL5 laddering rules so you can take your billion-credit, thousand-hours-played, BS-optimized sweetheart to a NW tower battle without suffering the consequence of being the wrong level for that PVP situation, which was always like that.

The real irony is that the application if the laddering to 220 actually reduced the TL7 level range that could hit TL5's, but that's a fact that is apparently eluding you.
    Last edited by Obtena; Nov 8th, 2010 at 17:03:55.

I'm not gonna underline again the fundamental flaw of a game content for which there are more "wrong" levels than "right".

It's better I think to repeat that the Game Director acknowledged that laddering needed to be looked at, which I reckon is enough to conclude that even if it was implemented that way by another team of developpers, the nowadays team agree at least on the principle that it might have not been for the best back then.

Laddering isn't gonna be removed in any way, but if FC really finds the time to tackle the issue, it's certain laddering will be slowed down and limited by a tightening of the ranges.
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT

That's a fair position. The hyperscaling of SL levels w.r.t. RK levels is a problem and if FC remain true to the laddering concept while restricting the ability of a TL7 to attack TL5, there is still a real possibility that TL5 toons will STILL see higher TL5/6 pocket healed and TL6 ganks. Only an absolute cap on the max PVP level for TL5 will change those things and I think that will be an unfortunate situation for FC to put the players in. Engaging PVP only exists because of it's diversity. Caps kill that and you can see it in lowbie PVP and to some extend in BS where good profs can suffer due to the artifical limits locking out some of their tools. Laddering does provide the necessary equilibrium for PVP twink levels, even if it's not balanced. It did before and it was worse ... there is no reason to think it's different now. It's a really shortsighted thing to think that these fixes to the ranges are simple and end with a pleasing outcome.
    Last edited by Obtena; Nov 8th, 2010 at 17:52:36.

It's certainly not an easy issue to tackle, however, I'm convinced that a tightening of ranges to slow down laddering and avoid TL leaps will fix the level part of the problem.
    It won't fix the "pocket" part though, and it's indeed a completely different story which would prolly require not modified, but new mechanics.

BUT (yes, it is a big but), reworking at least the level part of the problem would go a great length to make NW more appealing to a wider part of the game population.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubberyman View Post
    It's certainly not an easy issue to tackle, however, I'm convinced that a tightening of ranges to slow down laddering and avoid TL leaps will fix the level part of the problem.
    It won't fix the "pocket" part though, and it's indeed a completely different story which would prolly require not modified, but new mechanics.

BUT (yes, it is a big but), reworking at least the level part of the problem would go a great length to make NW more appealing to a wider part of the game population.
    It will fix the 207 being healed by 220 problem as well as the 174 being healed by 215-219 problem just fine.

Sure there will be tl6 twinks now that S7 is here and ofcourse they will be pocketed. But taking out a 200 is way way way easier than a 207-214 simply because the 200 has no shadowlevels with uncapped skills, don't have the extra perk from each level and also won't have any of the overpowered gear that is 201+.

All in all a 200 being pocketed by a 220 will still be lame ofcourse.
    But 200's will be far fewer in the battlefield than pocketed 174's.
    We could live with this and I'm certain that tl5 NW would blossom again once the 207-217 twinks are out of te tl5 hair.

If that's your best, you need to work harder. Me being stupid isn't a compelling reason to make FC change TL5 laddering rules
    I never claimed it was, did I?

so you can take your billion-credit, thousand-hours-played, BS-optimized sweetheart to a NW tower battle without suffering the consequence of being the wrong level for that PVP situation, which was always like that.
    I've told you a hundred times that this isn't about me. I have personally no less than FIVE tl5 "twinks". Not all active atm but I do have toons that are out of reach for the 207 and up toons this thread is about.

Again I've told you this isn't about me. I've got it covered personally.
    It isn't even about my org. It's about the good of the whole game.
    We've owned pretty much all tl5 fields for years now. It's boring and while some omni on rk1 try stuff sometimes they are hampered by the fact that clan is dominating tl7. Just as clan was when omni owned tl7.

The end result is well known. Dead tl5 NW. I'm not happy about this and I want it changed.

As opposed to you who have no ideas and no will to change. The only thing you want to do is yap here and tell the community that it is stupid for "overleveling".

I doubt you will be able to grasp the concept that someone might be arguing for the good of the game now since you never did before.
    But hey, I tried.

While 200 will be easier to kill than 207, they are still much more powerful than anything you can make at 165. I can't wait to see your QQ on how laddering needs to be nerfed because of 200 twinks.

While 200 will be easier to kill than 207, they are still much more powerful than anything you can make at 165. I can't wait to see your QQ on how laddering needs to be nerfed because of 200 twinks.
    So what you are saying is: Instead of fixing 90% of the problem, let's do nothing!

Stupidity in it's purest form right there in the best case.

Egocentrism in the worst.

Or a combination.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast