Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Will FC change any pvp level ranges?

And I thought I could communicate in english... so much for me. I will try again, in fewer words.

The point is not, has never been, to change the "power gap" between twinks and leveling toons. This wouldn't make any sense.

But to allow leveling toons and twinks in the same level league to fight with/against one another, in pvp occurences that got their fun and challenge back by erasing from the equation the most obvious and unbalanced extremes of the nowadays range. Basically, give back the fights to the range they belong, not to those 2 leagues and a world further.
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

I say, make self contained ranges at title levels.. a TL6 can't attack a TL5, a TL5 can't receive heals from higher title levels while flagged for PVP. Do it for all TLs..and:

Problem solved, twinks are happy, everyone is happy, except those that maintain a e-peen by cheating and abusing mechanics all the time.

Hell, we will even make level 200 twinks for both NW and S7..so much fun.
    Last edited by Ocene; Nov 5th, 2010 at 10:22:32.

TL5 NW has been dead for 2+ years.

It's all due to op'd low tl7's being pocketed by tl7's.

Both sides do it equally.

Obtena and ppl like him/her/it has opposed any changes to ranges during this whole period. He/she/it is suggesting that there is nothing wrong with the ranges but it is the players fault that tl5's have gotten zero love while tl7's have gotten a boatload.

We told Obtena and the others back 2 years ago that tl5 nw would continue to be dead and that is exactly what happened (!)

TL5 NW will continue to be dead until FC changes the ranges.

Obtena will continue to maintain his/her/it's position that is the playerbases fault until the game servers shut down.

The playerbase has spoken and they have said exactly what we said they would: We are not prepared to reroll 150's to avoid 207 twinks, and even if we would we would still face 174's with tl7 pockets which would put us in an even worse position.

And no, we don't fancy bringing a level 120 to level 220 army to be able to kill a 150 CT because it's NO FUN.

Go ahead, maintain that it's the playerbases fault. The result is the same: DEAD TL5 NW for a few more years.

/noobius

ps. For anyone that missed it there is a simple and great solution to the problem that keeps tl7's out of tl5's hair and will also prevent tl7->tl5 pocketing: Make it so that you can only pvp your own title level, one below and one above. This is in ADDITION to the already existing level check, both would be in effect. It will only affect tl5 vs tl7 which is exactly where change is needed.

As for the ppl who are yet again opposed to this change due to reasons of there being "no bigger fish". Well... We now have s7 which is giving us many level 200 twinks. These will be in range AND can be pocketed by tl7's still.
    So there you go, that problem is solved. It will stil be ****ed up and you have your bigger fish. It's just that in this case it actually IS a bigger fish and not a killer whale.
    Last edited by Noobius76; Nov 6th, 2010 at 00:22:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    As for the ppl who are yet again opposed to this change due to reasons of there being "no bigger fish". Well... We now have s7 which is giving us many level 200 twinks. These will be in range AND can be pocketed by tl7's still.
    So there you go, that problem is solved. It will stil be ****ed up and you have your bigger fish. It's just that in this case it actually IS a bigger fish and not a killer whale.
    No, if they change title levels 175-199-tl6 and 200+ TL7

edit:
    now Funcom has to implement noobius suggestion and this new title level range and everyone will be happy.
    Last edited by Darkirbiska1; Nov 5th, 2010 at 14:12:57.
    First level 1 soldier with BOC in Anarchy Online<---[CGS] project
    Owned and killed tl1/2 NW for months, time to leave and give chance to clan "twinks".
    First trader with 100% JAME ql 141 at level30 at rk1
    Clan PVP org[1-220] in one line
    [Questra]: well i hate omnis having side xp [Questra]: but i'm afraid to spoil your fun i'm only gonna plant neutral bases at tl2 now, so you'll have to piss the neuts off if you want to zerg lowbie sites
    Darkirbiska/Darkirbis/Marburg1111/Mavherick/Irbiska/Ultimater2/Ultimater/Ilubtower and some froobs....wtb more slots [retired]

Now to make bets when this change will come
    Deathmaster1 220/30/70 Dmsengi 220/28/70
    Dmstanker 220/30/70 Dmsdoc 220/25/70
    Anarchic1 126/15/35 Dmsfix 220/30/70
    Imakeyouoe 164/22/42 Imakeyouoe2 85/9/21

BM of Dark Front - We are recruiting. darkfront.org

My tl5 doctor has just leveled past 175, so I'm hoping sometimes next week. But maybe that is a tad bit too optimistic
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] *220 bureaucrat*: Starting 12man, need Enfo, Doc, Keeper, reflects."
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] *220 doctor*: Looking for crat/keep/enf for 12m pst "
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] *220 soldier*: still need doc/enf for 12 man. pst
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] LF enfo , crat , doc and soldier's for ipande / pst [220 doctor]"

Quote Originally Posted by Josephina View Post
    My tl5 doctor has just leveled past 175, so I'm hoping sometimes next week. But maybe that is a tad bit too optimistic
    It is simple fix, but it seems that they have problems with easy solutions, it can take let say one week, but they discuss first 3 months about it, then next 2 months they are trying to find better solution and after failed brainstorming they leave it broken and forgotten.
    Welcome to AO.
    Owned and killed tl1/2 NW for months, time to leave and give chance to clan "twinks".
    [Questra]: well i hate omnis having side xp [Questra]: but i'm afraid to spoil your fun i'm only gonna plant neutral bases at tl2 now, so you'll have to piss the neuts off if you want to zerg lowbie sites
    Darkirbiska/Darkirbis/Marburg1111/Mavherick/Irbiska/Ultimater2/Ultimater/Ilubtower and some froobs....wtb more slots [retired]

I bet it never comes. I realy doubt that it makes sense for FC to apply their resources to 'revamping' level ranges in PVP, just to appease TL5 noobs that can't multiply some numbers and figure out what level range they have to make their twinks.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

This is the reason i dont have a pvp twink for tl5. A pvp toon with over 4 title lvls of pvp twinks to worry about is a bit much. For those who are gonna say 4?wtf is he talking about. a lvl 170 twink can be hit by tl4's tl5's tl6's tl7's. yes i know there are not many or any 130-149 twinks but it still counts.

I believe PvP has a lot of flaws in this game. From fixyourself post above mine^^, the laddering, to OUTSIDE healing/buffing, to twinking to where you can have almost twice the stats of an average joe at TL 3/4/5.

I truly believe FC has a lot to change in PvP, and little is done. I said in another post if another expansion comes out that is like AI in power, I can see the average joe and average pvp'er just being crushed by twinks.

Anyway, I know Obtena has called this idea "boring"...but it is straight, clear, precise. Make level caps in PvP that match their battlestation counterparts. Example- levels 101-150 can ONLY attack each other in PvP. This would go for NW, duels, etc. This way, everything is clear and cut. Nothing is left to question, you fight the people in your range. This way like Fixyourself said, that 170 isn't being attacked by TL 4s and 207 Mongo raging players (gap much?)
    Ctrlaltwin. Man. Legend.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    I bet it never comes. I realy doubt that it makes sense for FC to apply their resources to 'revamping' level ranges in PVP, just to appease TL5 noobs that can't multiply some numbers and figure out what level range they have to make their twinks.
    What if these "idiotic noobs" don't want to make twinks, but would like to do open pvp with their decently equiped leveling characters? Not everyone plays like you, I find your playstyle of powerleveling to a fixed level and then leaving the character their stagnant for the rest of the character's life to be very boring.

Also, why are you so opposed to this? Allowing players to engage in open pvp again between low tl5 and mid tl7 doesn't affect you. Tl5 is pretty dead right now. If in the future it becomes possible to pvp in the full tl5 and tl6 levelrange, then simply don't come. Nothing will change for you.
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] *220 bureaucrat*: Starting 12man, need Enfo, Doc, Keeper, reflects."
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] LF enfo , crat , doc and soldier's for ipande / pst [220 doctor]"

Now people hating on twinks? really? There's some people in the game that have multiple 220s and turn to twinks for enjoyment. It's actually better than tl7 in my opinion. It's not meant for everyone, but please don't call it retarded. Else we will have no choice but to start flaming how retardly easy tl7 pvming is

What if these "idiotic noobs" don't want to make twinks, but would like to do open pvp with their decently equiped leveling characters?
    What does that have to do with PVP level ranges? Nothing from where I sit.

If you want to do open PVP with leveling characters, DO IT. Nothing stops you except your tolerance for dying to twinks all the time.

Grats. You just called 90+% of the playerbase noobs.

It's been explained a hundred times by now that low tl7 overpoweredness due to super love over teh last few years is the reason of the death of tl5 NW. But you just refuse to listen and you don't give a rats ass about if this range conitnues to be dead or not.

It's beyond me how they can allow people like you be pro's.

What does that have to do with PVP level ranges? Nothing from where I sit.

If you want to do open PVP with leveling characters, DO IT. Nothing stops you except your tolerance for dying to twinks all the time.
    You're pretty dumb for a person calling everyone else idiots. A pve character at tl5 can easily equip persisting symbs and a decent ql combined/other good armor. Persisting versus vigourous is not that big of a difference, ql225 combined is not hard to equip for the right breeds either. A leveling character who actually bothers getting equipment still won't be as good as a true twink, but they won't be completely harmless either. Unlike your medsuit+xp pistol future twinks ofcourse, maybe you should actually try equiping some stuff while leveling and actually do some pvp on your leveling characters. Then you'd be able to see yourself that these "idiotic noobs" that don't play the game like you do, can make significant contributions that go beyond an increase of the active pvp'ing populations.

It's beyond me how they can allow people like you be pro's.
    If there is one thing that this thread has made painfully clear, then it's this.

You're pretty dumb for a person calling everyone else idiots. A pve character at tl5 can easily equip persisting symbs and a decent ql combined/other good armor. Persisting versus vigourous is not that big of a difference, ql225 combined is not hard to equip for the right breeds either. A leveling character who actually bothers getting equipment still won't be as good as a true twink, but they won't be completely harmless either. Unlike your medsuit+xp pistol future twinks ofcourse, maybe you should actually try equiping some stuff while leveling and actually do some pvp on your leveling characters. Then you'd be able to see yourself that these "idiotic noobs" that don't play the game like you do, can make significant contributions that go beyond an increase of the active pvp'ing populations.

If there is one thing that this thread has made painfully clear, then it's this.
    I approve this post.

Agreed. A bit of teamwork between a few decent leveling toons can make a huge difference in the outcome of a tl5 and under war.

You know that.

I know that.

Most ppl know that.

But some so called pro's are clueless. Or at least act like they are.

Grats. You just called 90+% of the playerbase noobs.
    Seems like it if you read the forums. proof? People crying about being ganked by 207's when THEY rolled the wrong level.

A leveling character who actually bothers getting equipment still won't be as good as a true twink, but they won't be completely harmless either.
    Like I said, if you want to do PVP, go ahead. Nothing is stopping you except you. Seems like you just want to hear yourself complain. About what I'm not sure.

so just because some people take time and effort to twink their toons, they should be punished so ppl who expect fc to hand them everything deserve better than them? sounds great

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast