Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Will FC change any pvp level ranges?

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    Dont be ridiculous... Ok, Noobius showed he was a paragon of irony,
    Ever had a burger at macdonalds and and then told someone you think macdonalds make crappy burgers and should change?

Ever driven on a road and then complained that the roads suck?

Does that make you a paragon of irony or does it prohibit you from voicing your opinions about those things? No? I thought so.
    You are being genuinely dishonest about this much in the same way as obtena is about everything he does on these forums. You're being ridiculously immature. Same thing goes for Muck. Really cheap attacks and I wouldn't have thought this of you. You know full well that we (Eq) do tl5 at tl5 and have been for years. DESPITE you guys bringing multiple 207-214's (like you did yesterday for instance. You had way more tl7's than you had tl5's).
    We don't really need anything else. And now after years and years I kill ONE toon on my 207 and suddenly that makes me a paragon of irony in your eyes.
    How stupid and how immature can you get? But okay then. The gloves are off. Since you are going to penalize me/us for doing what everyone else ha done for years then I will do it as well as often as I can. I mean why not, I'm getting accused of doing it already so why not actually do it?

but that doesn't remove the issue. (btw, how can you get 45 kills out of 8 peoples in 3 fights ?)
    I said 35. And there were small fights in between the fights as well. It's not scientifically recorded btw. Say it was 30 or 25 then. Still a 25 to 1 ratio, no?

The fact remains, level 201+ have acquiered much more power they had at the time when FC changed the PvP levels. And this should be addressed.
    Period
    I agree fully as you know. But you know what. I have the same reason and rights as everybody else to use whatever toons I like. Guess what, that doesn't change my stance on the problem one mm. Except maybe to some kids unable to comprehend what is being said while looking to make cheap and stupid points on a forum.
    Last edited by Noobius76; Apr 14th, 2011 at 10:21:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    Ever had a burger at macdonalds and and then told someone you think macdonalds make crappy burgers and should change?

Ever driven on a road and then complained that the roads suck?

Does that make you a paragon of irony or does it prohibit you from voicing your opinions about those things? No? I thought so.
    Well, depends a lot if there 's a better burger place like 10 meters away or if there's a nicer road going to the same place.

It's about choice.

You are being genuinely dishonest about this much in the same way as obtena is about everything he does on these forums. You're being ridiculously immature. Same thing goes for Muck. Really cheap attacks.
    u mad ? You can attack/insult me or Muck all you want, what you did, in the circumstances of this battle, *was* ironic.

I said 35.
    My bad.
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Well, depends a lot if there 's a better burger place like 10 meters away or if there's a nicer road going to the same place.

It's about choice.
    So you're not allowed to give your thoughts then if you weren't happy. Good to know, thanx.

u mad ? You can attack/insult me or Muck all you want,
    Not mad. More surprised that you are this childish and that you just don't get it.

what you did, in the circumstances of this battle, *was* ironic.
    Oh yeah. I should've NOT killed that lone NT at the ct, waited 1 min to relog and hope he was still there when I got there and tried to kill him with my soldier which incidentally has no defence vs nt's. All because I am for a range change. Is that really what you are saying?

ps. If you really must know why I chose not to relog it was because you had that 220 fixer there (in sneak) (yes I could see him in sneak). I wanted to find out if my gimpy non twink could kill the nt and get away with it even with a 220 on my ass. And I got my answer.
    Last edited by Noobius76; Apr 14th, 2011 at 11:15:54.

Oh yeah. I should've NOT killed that lone NT at the ct, waited 1 min to relog and hope he was still there when I got there and tried to kill him with my soldier which incidentally has no defence vs nt's. All because I am for a range change. Is that really what you are saying?

ps. If you really must know why I chose not to relog it was because you had that 220 fixer there (in sneak) (yes I could see him in sneak). I wanted to find out if my gimpy non twink could kill the nt and get away with it even with a 220 on my ass. And I got my answer.
    Were we even at the same battle ???

The way I recall it, Omni CT was up, omni were (quite stupidly) waiting for clan rush at the nearby CT ... while being tower flagged >< and you came and gank one NT, then tryied another flagged toon, and meeped (without a 220 near, and not flagged yourself) All this while your friends were logging back on to rush the CT.

You wanted a real TL5 fight ? easy... wait for your friend, rush the CT, and kill defender's rush ...

I m not saying what you did is the end of the world, but you could admit it was ironic ... (well, I wonder if you can actually).
    // Break time //

Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale

I m not saying what you did is the end of the world, but you could admit it was ironic ... (well, I wonder if you can actually).
    It's actually not ironic. Unless you want to get so "technical " about it that it borders on being computer-talk. Let me explain.

It would be (a little bit) ironic if Noobius said that it was WRONG of people to do it.. and then he did it once himself..

But he didn't say that. He simply said it would be BETTER for the activity of tl5 NW if level ranges were looked into so that this tactic became inviable. He's just saying the tactic is hurting NW. He is not saying people are WRONG for using it.

Just like the SB+OS issue. It's not ironic of someone that used it to want it changed. This is NOT how irony works.

General comment:
    Noobius has done nothing wrong so don't try and corner him into confessing he did something wrong. If you wish to disagree about what needs to be done for TL5 NW at this time then disagree all you want. But keep in mind that Noobius has the best interest of the GAME at heart here and that's worth a lot and should be respected for what it is.

Childish (and uninformed) attacks should be deleted as the trollings that they are.
    Last edited by Wrangeline; Apr 14th, 2011 at 12:30:59.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

It was cheap attack from my side, and i admit it. I waited good 3-4 mins before i decided to press submit reply button. Call it trolling or not, im not really famous by trolling forums, it s more sorta frustration. I have not said a word after first battle, but getting sick and tired of tells after 2nd one, i guess it s kind of easy to get so annoyed and do such thing.

First battle we had there, there was no single 200+ on omni side, except my org mates who dont have tl5 to fight, so they simply came on their 220 to protect us in case clan 200+ gankers show up. Completely fair from our side. There was no need at all that day for any 207+ people there. You wiped us pretty good with tl5 force. If it ended up on it, nobody would say a word.

I am not saying anything about 2nd battle. Another omni org decided to bring full team of tl5 gankers, nobody asked for it, and it was not planed omni raid or anything, i wasnt even aware they are there until i got told by clans, yet i got all flames and trolling about it. So i had to be rude to people who im usualy not to. However, in this sorta scenario, it s completely understandable and fair that clans bring 207+ as well.

What annoys me the most, and it s not really related to this topic, but it is related to most things said here so far is all the "TL5 NW is dead, so lets just destroy it completely" bulls*it. You can tell me whatever you want, but all i see there is "We like our towers and contracts, we like power of complete dominance, and if we dont do everything we can every time when somebody decide to attack some tl3+ towers, we may lose the power".

I am glad to see that you have spoken to somebody from FC Noobie, and i am glad to see they are at least aware of level ranges being broken, but i dont believe anything will happen in the next 2-3 years. It is perfect moment for them to change these things before balancing and new engine, and while population is still low, than going for such major change after it. And what are we going to do in the next 2-3 years while waiting for change? Keep saying TL5 NW is dead?

And just for a note, i dont agree with any single word Obtena said here.
    President of Mayhem (OTC)

Quote Originally Posted by Muckota View Post

What annoys me the most, and it s not really related to this topic, but it is related to most things said here so far is all the "TL5 NW is dead, so lets just destroy it completely" bulls*it. You can tell me whatever you want, but all i see there is "We like our towers and contracts, we like power of complete dominance, and if we dont do everything we can every time when somebody decide to attack some tl3+ towers, we may lose the power". .
    Good post Muckota. Just wanted to make a "quick" comment on this quote. I honestly used to think the same thing. I saw clanners being bored and wanting NW to be active again, yet whenever omni tried something, clan would kittenstomp them with bigger number of people.

But then I actually saw what the alternative was one day and I at least understood the mentality behind it. At least the mentality for those people I played with.

If Clan has to tell half the people that wants to join in on rare NW battles, to stay away because they don't want to destroy omni morale or because they want a fair 5 vs 5 fight (or both), then that's not really fun NW battle for clan. That's like playing hide and seek with a small child when you are an adult. The child hides in plain sight in the middle of the living room and you have to walk around pretending not to know where that child is. I'm sure it will seem fun to the kid but the adult is just pretending that the actual hide and seek game is fun.

Not trying your best and basically "faking injury" is a detriment to having fun in NW. Because what makes NW exciting is the whole circus of it being your whole faction versus their whole faction. Everyone involved fights as hard as they can and when the dust settles.. whoever won, won.

But if clan fakes injury (and let's be honest in that case) GIVES omni a tower or 5 for "free". Then we may as well not have showed up at those fights at all and just let omnis take towers willy nilly. Then, when omnis start to realize that clanners aren't doing anything to protect towers, they will eventually take most of them.

Then what? Now we had no NW at all and now omnis have the towers, that they didn't "win". Now clan bring out numbers again and take the towers back.

I guess clan could do that if that sounds fun but it's not the first "fix" to NW pvp that comes to mind. (and just for the record, I do believe that most clanners would choose "more NW and less towers" over "all towers and no NW" if they had that choice, without having to "fake injury".)

Basically, if both sides don't try their best then the whole thing becomes a farce and we may as well actually just do BS all day long as PvP in AO

Now, Muckota, this was just an explanation of how I personally have learned over time to view the situation. So take it for what it is. With a grain of salt if necessary
    Last edited by Wrangeline; Apr 14th, 2011 at 13:34:55.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

I completly agree.

It only shows one thing. It's up to FC to enforce "fair fights".

/edit : if such a thing is even possible.
    // Break time //

Froob for 3 years :

Sloob since 2009 :

It's completely ironic ...

The crusader for eliminating TL7's from TL5 NW ... goes and uses a TL7 at a TL5 war? Great stuff. If that's not irony, then what is? And No, it's not a /thread and it's not really relevant, but joking aside, how much merit do you give someone who is basically a hypocrite? Think about that and how it relates to a person's motivation for changes.

In addition, someone mark that day ... finally a TL5 battle on RK1 after what? 3 years? Can we finally stop hearing that BS from people now? The truth is that as a faction, Clans want to keep their towers more than they want to PVP for them and that's not unreasonable. NW is a war.
    Last edited by Obtena; Apr 14th, 2011 at 15:16:36.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    It's completely ironic ...

The crusader for eliminating TL7's from TL5 NW ... goes and uses a TL7 at a TL5 war and claims it's a 207 'buffing' toon on top of that? Great stuff. If that's not irony, then what is? And No, it's not a /thread, but joking aside, how much merit do you give someone who is basically a hypocrite? Not much IMO.
    We already explained that. It's your choice if you want to agree with (or read) it or not. But if you don't then that's just a decision you can make for yourself. I have no problem with Noobius' "merit". To be honest, I would have thought you would give Noobius more merit, not less, for being willing to sacrifice a potential usage of a tl7 char for what he thinks is for the good of the game as a whole. This gives his argument MORE weight. Not less.

But seriously, why on earth are we still trying to talk sense into you? >.<
    It's not like we gain anything from it.

From now on I'll just talk to the more reasonable people around here. At least they listen even though they don't always agree.
    Last edited by Wrangeline; Apr 14th, 2011 at 15:18:26.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    To be honest, I would have thought you would give Noobius more merit, not less, for being willing to sacrifice a potential usage of a tl7 char for what he thinks is for the good of the game as a whole. This gives his argument MORE weight. Not less.
    I don't see the 'sacrifice' he made ... he brought that toon to a TL5 battle (the only one in the last 3 years remember?) and used it to kill TL5 twinks. He doesn't even acknowledge that there was anything wrong with that and tried to justify it by classifying it as a 'buff' toon and 'only' killing 1 person with it. I doubt it was the first time either, but of course, since there is only 1 TL5 NW battle on Rk1 every 3 years, then he's probably batting 100% with that 207 character from that single battle.
    Last edited by Obtena; Apr 14th, 2011 at 15:26:14.

Lol Ob, way to totally lose control on your stance in a debate...

In one breath you champion the use of TL7 and now your berating a player for using one...thats quality!

I don't think anyone in this thread, let alone Noobius, has ever disputed that TL7 'twink killers' are being used at tl5 fights. I don't see why you think it's so shocking that players that would be in favor of dis-allowing TL7 twinks attending tl5 fights are also players that have these tl7 alts.

This adds more weight to the arguement in favor of restricting TL7 access to tl5 as these are the players that have used and seen first hand what a TL7 toon, even a buff toon, can do to TL5's during NW. They are the ones that do stand to lose that option but are prepared to do so for the good of the game.

It would take a pure saint not to use TL7 twinks at TL5 NW at the moment...that doesn't stop you agreeing that they arn't good for the enjoyment of the game.
    Last edited by Tanana; Apr 14th, 2011 at 17:19:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanana View Post
    It would take a pure saint not to use TL7 twinks at TL5 NW at the moment...
    Or someone lazy enough not to roll one.
    // Break time //

Froob for 3 years :

Sloob since 2009 :

Quote Originally Posted by Tanana View Post
    In one breath you champion the use of TL7 and now your berating a player for using one...thats quality!
    I'm berating him for being a hypocrite, not using a TL7 twink. I'm glad that he's finally decided to embrace the mechanics of the game.
    Last edited by Obtena; Apr 14th, 2011 at 17:38:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    I'm berating him for being a hypocrite, not using a TL7 twink. I'm glad that he's finally decided to embrace the mechanics of the game.
    how is he being a hypocrite ?

So because he has a 207 he is not allowed to think they are OP against tl5 ? get a grip.

There's monkeys with more mental capabilities for comprehension, they can understand that the circular object fits the circular whole and that the cube fits through the cube whole. Amazing, yes ?
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

whole ? hole ?
    // Break time //

Froob for 3 years :

Sloob since 2009 :

Quote Originally Posted by agentwolve View Post
    how is he being a hypocrite ?

So because he has a 207 he is not allowed to think they are OP against tl5 ?
    I already explained it and very simply in a previous post.
    Last edited by Obtena; Apr 14th, 2011 at 18:39:35.

Bump for tl5-6 NW.
    Hometown
    Pockiee
    Stompbox
    Ransom
    Bcomplex
    Provocative

The funny part of this is, if it were the other side of the argument you'd be screaming "hypocrite", good ol mob mentality.

As a 3rd party observer to this debate, not really agreeing to either side; simply owning, and continuing to own a 207 with the intentions of NW in mind is hypocritical. You can give your semantics as to why it's "not", but if you really hated it with all your being, you wouldn't have it right now.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Notcrattey View Post
    The funny part of this is, if it were the other side of the argument you'd be screaming "hypocrite", good ol mob mentality
    What does this sentence mean? I mean, could you add some more information so we can see exactly what you are talking about?

What is "the other side of the argument" in your eyes (who believes what, who has a 207 and so on)?

(I'm just asking out of curiosity because I didn't understand what you were trying to say)

Quote Originally Posted by Notcrattey View Post
    but if you really hated it with all your being, you wouldn't have it right now.
    This sentence doesn't actually mean anything. Sorry. Not on any realistic level at least.

"Hated it with all your being" doesn't really connect with anything in question here. People here are having an opinion on what effect tl7 twink killers have on tl5 NW. That doesn't really mean you either want to have sex with it or "hate it with all your being".

Again, gotta use that SB+OS example again. Did we dislike and even strongly dislike what it did to NW? Yes. Did we use it? Yes. Does that make us hypocrites? No.

I have said this before and I guess I will just have to say it again. If a person says OTHER PEOPLE are wrong for doing something, while secretly doing it himself, them he is a hypocrite. Noobius didn't do this. He is commenting on the issue itself.

Also, Noobius didn't even make a 207 char with NW in mind so I guess you weren't even referring to him anyway.
    Last edited by Wrangeline; Apr 14th, 2011 at 22:27:44.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast