Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Will FC change any pvp level ranges?

Very well condensed wolve

Bump for fun and active TL5 NW

I'm telling you, just up the defenses of the towers, make it more difficult to kill towers below t7, and NW would change dramatically. No need to change pvp ranges at all.

"Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff."
    Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

Quote Originally Posted by jutlin View Post
    I'm telling you, just up the defenses of the towers, make it more difficult to kill towers below t7, and NW would change dramatically. No need to change pvp ranges at all.
    So tl5 wars would be filled with tl7 toons. Which would be no change at all ^^

Nothings been removed so far, but let's keep the topic on the topic and not on each other. Personal opinions do not have to lead to personal conflict...
    Guardian Venachar
    Public Forums Moderator - Deputy Team Lead | Professionals Liaison
    Forums Team | Community Relations Department | Advisors of Rubi-Ka

I am not 100% sure of this but from what I hear is PVP levels have been changed b4. I think chaning them would be a start to revive tl5 towers. Pretty sure I have heard back in the day lvl 75's were attackable by lvl 200's. So to all the nay-sayers just wanna say they have changed it before and by the looks of how stupid overpowerd it is for a tl7 to attack a tl5 I think it will be changed again.

Quote Originally Posted by fixyourself View Post
    I am not 100% sure of this but from what I hear is PVP levels have been changed b4. I think chaning them would be a start to revive tl5 towers. Pretty sure I have heard back in the day lvl 75's were attackable by lvl 200's. So to all the nay-sayers just wanna say they have changed it before and by the looks of how stupid overpowerd it is for a tl7 to attack a tl5 I think it will be changed again.
    I wasn't around back then but I think so yes. And after that 220's could attack down to level 150. So 150-219 was pointless. That was changed and tl5 flourished and ppl like myself had a great time for a few years in rather big battles without point bots. It was an alternative for those who enjoyed making toons a bit quicker than 220/70/30 toons and it was great fun.
    Then came along a few people with extremely small scrotums and rolled tl7's for easy kills on tl5's. At first they weren't that prolific so they were more of a nuiscence but eventually there were a few who would always show up, with corresponding 220 pockets. And that was the end of tl5 NW as we knew it right there. It still happens but the activity is minute compared to what it was. And during this time tl7's have gotten much more powerful and in so making tl5's even more helpless.

Until the ranges are fixed tl5 NW is nothing but a memory.

There is also a another aspect of tl5 that I think some ppl forget or aren't aware of. And that is how it can help build morale that can spread to tl7. When clan took over tl7 last time we had been kicking omni arse at tl5 for quite a while. I don't claim this is the only factor that helped clan take tl7 or even that it's a large one but it did help with morale for some of us for sure. Winning sometimes really helps. I think it gave omni, who were tired from dealing with griefing and such for several years a small sense of what was to come. Clan morale wasn't down in the dirt anymore. Incidentally we did mount a few (unsuccessful) attacks even with our lowbie bot on tl7 towers. And also incidentally was that the first ql 250 ct to survive the night was planted by my own, lowbie nw org.

Now tl5 can't be a way to boost morale simply because low tl7's are everywhere, and yes, ppl adapted their tl5's to tl5 bs. So it just won't happen at all and that's sad. For both the dominant faction and the underdog because it means no action and no fun for all of us. 207 owners included.
    Last edited by Noobius76; Mar 28th, 2011 at 10:17:16.

Quote Originally Posted by fixyourself View Post
    The part that people are ignoring is that the past changes always ensured that the ladder leveling rules were adhered upto at a certain level so that up to a level, you could safely make twinks within that guideline. The final change now ensures the ladder leveling is relevant right up to 220. The consequence of this approach to change is that anyone who was following the guideline did not have a twink that became irrelevant after each fix to the level was made.

Conversely, now that the guideline is properly applied at 220, what is being suggested is a change that DOES have the possibility to make twinks irrelevant to accommodate those people that did not follow the guideline. FC should not be breaking these guidelines at the expense of people that DO follow them to concede to those that DON'T, especially considering that it would be a reversal of their intentions to expand it by properly applying the ladder leveling right up to 220.
    Last edited by Obtena; Mar 29th, 2011 at 22:18:16.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

you can always have help from 1+ level higher unless game zone is locked from people out of certain level range.

be it 172 fixer getting help from 196 doctor
    or 219 artox with 220 bureaucrat.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Conversely, now that the guideline is properly applied at 220, <snip>
    That's where you are mistaken.

The "rules" of you can engage PvP with a char XX% higher than your level works correctly up to 200, but they count levels after 200 in the same way than levels before 200.

Except that you can raise skills from 3 to 5 times more per level, and you gain 1 perk per level instead of one per 10 level.
    rescale levels from 201 to 220 to 201 to 300, and reapply the PvP range rules, and you ll find something much more coherent.
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

There is no mistake. The rule is applied to 220, correctly from the application of simple arithmetic. I'm not going to deny that there are multiple equivalent RK levels in a single SL level but that's not a factor in how the ladder leveling rule is applied, nor is it a reason to ignore it. The guideline is no secret and if anything, this scaling of SL levels should have been an even stronger indicator that certain PVP levels carry significant risk at TL5. Apparently people's math skills aren't advanced enough to determine what those levels are.
    Last edited by Obtena; Mar 30th, 2011 at 15:02:21.

There is no mistake. The rule is applied to 220, correctly from the application of simple arithmetic. I'm not going to deny that there are multiple equivalent RK levels in a single SL level but that's not a factor in how the ladder leveling rule is applied, nor is it a reason to ignore it. The guideline is no secret and if anything, this scaling of SL levels should have been an even stronger indicator that certain PVP levels carry significant risk at TL5. Apparently people's math skills aren't advanced enough to determine what those levels are.
    Yea right, you are the only one with advanced math skills here and you are also the only one on forums who is right (excluding ppl with 207 twinks).

P.S.: Sorry Haquihana, I had to...

Have all the deluded fantasies you like. Tl5 is dead and has been for years.

You may be happy to leave it this way until the game dies, but the rest of us aren't.

It's a fact by now that even you must have picked up that the community doesn't want to go through hoops and bring armies of TL4 and TL7's do to TL5 NW. Just quit it. You may like that but the lack of NW is proof that not many other do.

So. FC needs to change or this just won't happen. End of story.

I'm not fantasizing. I know it's not as active as it was. Stupid fixes like you suggest that anticipate the death of the game isn't how any problem should be addressed. FC need to change it? Not really. You want more active TL5 wars that bad, swap sides. It's not twink killers preventing activity, it's apathy. Your association with dead Tl level ranges at NW and twink killers is a fallacy.
    Last edited by Obtena; Mar 30th, 2011 at 23:53:37.

I'm not fantasizing. I know it's not as active as it was. Stupid fixes like you suggest that anticipate the death of the game isn't how any problem should be addressed. FC need to change it? Not really. You want more active TL5 wars that bad, swap sides. It's not twink killers preventing activity, it's apathy. Your association with dead Tl level ranges at NW and twink killers is a fallacy.
    Believe what you want. The status of tl5 NW is evident to anyone. You can try to blame the playerbase for not doing something they dont find enjoyable. But it doesnt change a thing.

That's right. The status is evident and it's not different than when various other TL's were dead during other times in AO's NW history on any server even before TL7 twinks existed. FC didn't intervene then and they don't need to intervene now. People not doing TL5 NW does not lead anyone to conclude that FC needs to nerf some aspect of NW.

That's right. The status is evident and it's not different than when various other TL's were dead during other times in AO's NW history on any server even before TL7 twinks existed. FC didn't intervene then and they don't need to intervene now. People not doing TL5 NW does not lead anyone to conclude that FC needs to nerf some aspect of NW.
    Except that's not true. Tl5 and under was much more less dependant on tl7 than it is now. When omnis had tl7 last on rk1 we attacked pretty much every week AND retained a few tl5 fields throughout most of that time. We could do that simply because 207's were a rare thing then.

If omni tries to do the same thing now and if they somehow manage to defeat our tl5 what happens next (if they haven't come alerady) is that a group of 207-214 toons with corresponding pockets turn up. Then it's over. There is just no way you can take down a field facing that. Certainly some ppl do have twinks around 126, but logging those means that they won't be able to play their tl5's. Which in turn means that 150 ish defenders, which are far more numerous will easily eat them backed by other tl5's.

People don't do tl5 NW now because it's just no fun relogging and trying to outmanouver the enemy. It used to at least have an element of numbers, quality,organization and general skill. Now it's all about lame tacticts. And that is why the playerbase is rejecting the whole situation. FC can either try to rectify this or ignore it and make sure it stays as dead as it is.

I'm not sure what you are referring to when you say 'IT'S' not true. There are situations in the past where TL5 was dead and that happened before AND after the last change to the ladder leveling rules and well as before AND after the existence of 207 twinks as well. You can't simply and only attribute the lack of TL5 NW to TL7 involvement. That's nonsense. If anything the presence of TL7 in TL5 is a strategic enhancement in NW and those that embrace it will be successful.

Furthermore, FC either intended to have this TL7 involvement at TL5, or they suffer from the same lack of arithmetic skills as everyone QQing about it. Either way, the fixes suggested in this thread are not inline with an objective process.
    Last edited by Obtena; Mar 31st, 2011 at 16:12:21.

How are you successful in a game if noone wants to play it?

Depends how you define success doesn't it? Again, you don't seem to comprehend or want to acknowledge that there are other reasons that TL5 NW is inactive and that this big nerf you are proposing could be completely ineffectual in making people come and fight you in TL5 NW. You want to get all philosophical on me? If a game isn't played, how do you win it? If a tree falls in the forest, does it make a noise?

No thanks. Let's stick to something real, like the mechanics of the game.
    Last edited by Obtena; Mar 31st, 2011 at 19:28:50.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast