Page 1 of 18 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Will FC change any pvp level ranges?

Will FC change any pvp level ranges?

Could you please let us know ahead of time if you have any ideas for a range share before we might make any new twinks? Thanks

this basically shows that i make the best threads ever. 18 pages. I beat means. mmm ya. take that.
    Last edited by Anarchic1; Apr 15th, 2011 at 22:27:05.
    Deathmaster1 220/30/70 Dmsengi 220/28/70
    Dmstanker 220/30/70 Dmsdoc 220/25/70
    Anarchic1 126/15/35 Dmsfix 220/30/70
    Imakeyouoe 164/22/42 Imakeyouoe2 85/9/21

BM of Dark Front - We are recruiting. darkfront.org

What you got planned now? 207 trox fixer?

Here's how it works, you play the game, FC changes it, you deal with it.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

or you moan and cry until fc changes it in your favor and then everyone else has to deal with it.

lol. Way to add nothing productive to the conversation as per usual. You guys should really be proud of yourself for boosting your retard post count on the most important online forum. Tell your mommy about it when she tucks you in later tonight

Didn't FC mention they would look into this?
    I hope this will happen soon.

We want like Tl5 NW to not need backup from TL6 or Tl7 cuz its kinda idiotic that like one low TL7 nt with a tl7 doc on follow can wipe out a large raidforce oh TL5 ;P I mean... Not even Eisenhoover had to relogg his troops to win a war...
    Last edited by Fungalina; Nov 2nd, 2010 at 20:00:45.

^^ Wow this again? Seriously, if you rolled a TL5 twink into TL7 gank range and then QQ about it, your an idiot, The end.
    Last edited by Obtena; Nov 2nd, 2010 at 21:13:12.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

aren't professionals suppose to be professional so like not using insults at people? Or are you exempt from those rules Obtenna.

But really the deciding factor obtena is that there isn't much a tl5 range that can't be touched by a tl7 else u have to roll 162 and below. Which restricts tl5 to 12 levels. Now if you have a 200 twink pocketed by 220s, you have to roll 158 and below, which is 8 levels. How many professions are viable at 158? A lot fewer.

On a personal note, i have a 164 trader, so none of this really effects me as much since most twinks are rolled at 207 atm. THere's only 1 200 nt twink that comes to war too.
    Last edited by Anarchic1; Nov 2nd, 2010 at 23:48:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchic1 View Post
    But really the deciding factor obtena is that there isn't much a tl5 range that can't be touched by a tl7 else u have to roll 162 and below. Which restricts tl5 to 12 levels.
    I don't see anything wrong with that. And actually it's more than 12 levels. You can hit TL5 towers with a range of TL4 twinks as well.

BTW, the rules don't apply to me. I'm that awesome.

tl5 range is 40 lvls and it's only acceptable to make a twink in the first 8 lvls without having to do deal with 220 pockets

post count on the most important online forum.
    For the record, there are no post counters here.

As for the OP:
    I'm hoping they'll be transparent with major game mechanic changes such as you describe, too.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

obtena is a professional?
    Hellrule 220/30/70 - Your future Crat Dictator
    Secretly Clan

^^ Wow this again? Seriously, if you rolled a TL5 twink into TL7 gank range and then QQ about it, your an idiot, The end.
    No, what happens is that people roll TL7s in the range of TL5s, like 207s etc.

Yes, that's what she's talking about. Don't make characters within range of 207s.

207 is not what matters here. The fact that the 207 has a pocket 220 doc which can't be attacked by a 170 is the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Means
    Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal
    So my question for you, Means (...):
    As we had a lot of threads about 207 killing TL5 twinks, will you also change level ranges outside BS?
    We have had some discussions here about the “laddering” that currently goes on at tower wars and we do intend to examine the issue more closely. With everything else going on I can’t commit to a timeframe on this one.
    So, in theory, yes, there will prolly be some changes; and this whether or not Obtena brands as a retard anyone that dared think he could get some fun from pvping with his/her leveling toon. About time FC gives a good kick in the ballz of that misconception that PvP belongs to self-proclaimed Pvpers only.

In practice though, the lack of timeframe shouts for something that ain't likely to happen anytime soon, so I wouldn't hold my twinks if I were anyone caring enough.
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    207 is not what matters here. The fact that the 207 has a pocket 220 doc which can't be attacked by a 170 is the issue.
    So, you bring your tl7 and deal with it.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubberyman View Post
    get some fun from pvping with his/her leveling toon. About time FC gives a good kick in the ballz of that misconception that PvP belongs to self-proclaimed Pvpers only
    There will be some itemization work included in the balance update. This will likely include some lower level player concerns. There is no plan to close the gap between well made twinks and normal players.
    Is this what you're talking about? What you're talking about, isn't what we're talking about.

Where has a PvPer ever told you that you wouldn't be able to PvP as long as you're there? I mean like, really, I've never heard most of these things these PvMers try to name PvPers with.
    Last edited by Notnotnotnod; Nov 3rd, 2010 at 13:28:06.

tl5 range is 40 lvls and it's only acceptable to make a twink in the first 8 lvls without having to do deal with 220 pockets
    So do that. What's the problem? Your not saying anything new here ... all TL's have laddering.

Quote Originally Posted by Notnotnotnod View Post
    Is this what you're talking about? What you're talking about, isn't what we're talking about.
    Nope, itemization has nothing to do with it. My quote of Nogoal’s question and Means’ answer match exactly what is talked about, namely the prospect (or lack of) of changes to pvp level ranges.
    Saying that a well made/geared toon should outshine a "normal" toon at about the same level is stating the obvious. And there's no denying or even questioning twinks > leveling toons in most circumstances, as should be.

What's questionable though is seeing someone consider as idiotic that leveling toons could expect to participate more than by being 4 shots cannon fodders to twinks-killers 2 Titles over theirs.
    Or as idiots leveling toons who dared put a toe in the very 3l33t world of NW or city pvp.
    Or that a decent access to full pvp content should be conditioned to your ability at not leveling and resorting to a/several highbie(s) to gear you up.

Contrary to what some may think, dedicated pvpers are a minority (if a noisy, rude, and swollen-headed one) that should never had been left with the keys of the penthouse, and any step taken to screw the bouncer and democratize pvp to a larger part of the playerbase is a step in the right direction. And it certainly will have to be through a revision of level ranges, or more exactly of TL ranges.
    So, idiot as I may be if I ever start a toon anew and level him up, I sure hope FC will take measures to turn what would be now a complete waste of time into a potential source of fun.

Edited my edition, drugs are bad hmmkay...
    Last edited by Shrubberyman; Nov 3rd, 2010 at 17:09:47.
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

Page 1 of 18 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast