Thread: Latest Adobe Update

Latest Adobe Update

The latest Adobe update not only tries to stealth-inject a trial version of McAffee, it tries to launch some side/sub app that requests your IP and proxy information. WT Bloody F?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

I haven't let adobe update in a while, I tend to frown upon anything that tries to update anything without asking me and turn them off. My pc, my rules, not some random programmer who think he knows best for my pc.

Which adobe product was it?
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Yeah this adobe updater is starting to wear thin on me. Makes me happy my photoshop is slightly not authentic.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    Yeah this adobe updater is starting to wear thin on me. Makes me happy my photoshop is slightly not authentic.
    There's an authentic version?
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by If6Was9 View Post
    The latest Adobe update not only tries to stealth-inject a trial version of McAffee, it tries to launch some side/sub app that requests your IP and proxy information. WT Bloody F?!
    Photoshop, I've done my darndest to block it from the internet ever since I said "Okay, update then." ... and it installed a trial for Corel. No, mister adobe, I want photoshop, not some other stupidly expensive crap. -.-'
    Kaelde ~ Gimpy engi of doom
    Ecrisi ~ Even gimpier than Kaelde

Thingymawhat of Paragon

Quote Originally Posted by cbus97 View Post
    DearAdobe.com

You are not alone.
    Dear Adobe,

Please release a goddamn 64-bit version of your Flash Player again so those of us with a 64-bit browser aren't stuck without Flash.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

I found out how to fix it. Get a Mac.
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
    -Buddha

Quote Originally Posted by CastarasOfPie View Post
    Photoshop, I've done my darndest to block it from the internet ever since I said "Okay, update then." ... and it installed a trial for Corel. No, mister adobe, I want photoshop, not some other stupidly expensive crap. -.-'
    is this a CS5 thing, coz I've never had any issues with CS4, and no stealth installation of McrAppee?
    Scene :: Meta-Physicist :: 220/30/70
    Scenetoo :: Trader :: 204/28/52
    Scentinal :: Enforcer :: 165/22/33
    Scenato :: Keeper :: 136/16/25

AO Universe - by players, for players :: former general of Omni-Pol

I've only had up to CS3 on my old PC, with no problems - and both CS4 & CS5 on my Mac, with obviously no problems either.
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
    -Buddha

Mac

Found your problem.

Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post
    Mac

Found your problem.
    I think you might have a problem with literacy. If you'll take the proper time necessary to read the entire thread, you'll notice that the folks using PCs are having trouble, whilst I (on my Mac) am not. Though I also stated that I never had problems with CS3 on my PC either.
    -Buddha

You don't have problems with virus' on macs either.

your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by CastarasOfPie View Post
    Wait, while photoshop was updating it stealth installed a competing product on your PC? Which idiot in Adobe thought THAT was a good idea?!

"Hey Dave, you know a really great buisness plan? Let's make our costumers hate our product while giving them free trials of our competitors' products!"

"Damn John, how do you come up with such genius plans? With this crowbar lodged in my skull all I could think of today was eating my own hat."
    Hello and welcome to The Internet. Please leave your common sense, decency and humanity with the doorman. Have a nice stay.

Squad Commander and resident Shade of When I Grow Up

Is your GUI getting in the way of playing AO?
    Do you want to be able to take screenshots quickly and easily without hotbars, wings and chat windows getting in the way?
    Are you getting tired of that blue colour scheme?
    Try using my Uncluttered GUI!

WTB Up-to-date version of Adobe Reader Lite. And Nero Lite, for that matter.
    Because Race Yalm

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    There's an authentic version?
    yes, it's called GIMP.

as for Adobe and other Malware, install linux or a virtual machine.
    you can still use windows applications with the use of WINE but it'll be in an isolated instance that is highly improbable to spread system-wide
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader