Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: More health for the Atrox, and more nano pool for the Nanomage

<-- /me arches an eyebrow at Yazule's white boy/solitus metaphor

I'm amazed that there are actually people who're unhappy with this change.

This is a far greater boost for the 'trox than the 'mage. Reason being, nano pool makes little difference to me, as a soli Doc. I very seldom run out of nano, ever. I use no carbo or bronto armor at all, & I don't have nano pool implanted anywhere. Even still, I always have nano in abundance.

It's all good though, 'troxes needed a boost. Their ability caps are terrible... this is what makes the 'trox gimpy, not their lousy nano pools. There are troves of items out there that can give even a 'trox a half decent-sized nano pool.

Wambly, chill. Trust me on this one: Soli Docs are still going to outshine any other breed... just now, only marginally so.

Which is just perfect if you ask me.
    Lucas "Madhava" Graves || Gear
    Level 203 Chief of Staff Surgery
    Advisor of Synergy Factor

Chakra "Accessory" Red || Gear

I really must ask these complaining nanomages a question:

Have ever been looking for a team and recieved a similar conversation?

"160 NT LFT!"
    "Come to Tir Grid" long pause "Oh wait, you're nanomage, we need a tank. Sorry."

Is this common?
    Enri - Adventurer
    Paxton - Bureaucrat
    Proud Member of Clan Anarchist Syndicate

START SEEING the difference between a player and game designer

Forum Education!

Originally posted by Paxton
    I really must ask these complaining nanomages a question:

Have ever been looking for a team and recieved a similar conversation?

"160 NT LFT!"
    "Come to Tir Grid" long pause "Oh wait, you're nanomage, we need a tank. Sorry."

Is this common?
    Hey Paxton,

How aside from the pt is this? Why not respond to be the actual arguments being discussed, as opposed to randomly shooting off your mouth?

The question is about game balance, not about whether or not a given breed is totally unviable.

Levelling in AO is retardedly easy -- you could go 1-200 in social clothes, e.g.

Everyone knows that both Atroxes and NMs were comparably bad to the other races.

Now, Atroxes are better than all the others, and NMs are really no better off.

As everyone who can read knows, except for docs, perhaps, who can convert btwn the two readily, health is a lot better than nano pool.

Specifically, at some pt., getting more pool has diminishing returns -- it just does nothing. I never run out, and I am an NT. So, it is basically a pointless change.

Getting more health is ALWAYS good -- AO is all about dmg for the most part.

So, this is a terrible fix -- if you want to run your mouth, why not address the issue?
    Regimental Beastie

Easy math:
    whiners = bad players

Rhetoric is useful because... before some audiences not even the possession of the exactest knowledge will make it easy to produce conviction. For argument based on knowledge implies instruction, and there are people whom one cannot instruct. Aristotle, 1355a20-27

To sum: the Atrox get a lollypop and the nanomages are pissed off that their lollypop isn't as good. They want the Atrox lollypop.

you too

No. That is not the issue either.

I dont begrudge the Atrox, they have sucked as bad as the NM, and they need fixing.

But this is a very clumsy fix. Yes, since we are talking about what is balanced, it obviously involves comparing relative strengths. So if you are not reading carefully, you might perceive this as a little jealous whine...

But it is about balance -- NMs are terrible, relatively, atm. And this is a bad fix.

Who would not want the buff, " double your health while halving your nano pool?" But this is very close to the difference btwn Atrox and NMs at the moment.

Given that FC is proposing a fix, I am explaining WHY it is such a bad fix.

Instead of responding to my arguments (and others), Shub, you just went ad hominem.
    Regimental Beastie

Easy math:
    whiners = bad players

Rhetoric is useful because... before some audiences not even the possession of the exactest knowledge will make it easy to produce conviction. For argument based on knowledge implies instruction, and there are people whom one cannot instruct. Aristotle, 1355a20-27

Nanomage

Originally posted by Shubalubdub

And what's the deal with comparing a nanomage w/out GPH to a solitus with one? You're saying, "this guy with an uber item is better than this guy without an uber item," and trying to pass it off as an argument, rather than the truism it is.

An easier argument: no one's running out of nanopool anyway, so who gives a (oh no, what can I say without seeming to be circumventing the swear filter?) chicken? Maybe NTs.

P.S. If you really don't want those 9 nanoskills, I'll take them. I'm sure I can put them to use someplace. [/B]
    You can't discuss those "Uber items" because they don't exist for 99% of the players and therefore don't effect general breed status at all. That's like saying Adventures are unbalanced because they can Green Knight gear =p but how many can? These things only matter to people who want to be an "Ubergank" so they can be proud of killing people coming back from their missions.

Oh and my nanomage doesn't have a 9 point skill lead because he isn't getting capped. He has a 1 point lead, and I'd gladly trade that for all your extra HP that you don't want in exchange.

I don't view this as a fix from Funcom (technically it is because they're making it work like it is supposed to), but rather just fulfiilling their promises. However, to people like me keeping your promise is very important and Funcom should do it more often.

I guess your sig says it all though Shub. You don't need to understand you just like to argue. Please use it on something else, Atrox and Nanomages need balancing just like the Fixers used to.
    Last edited by Sallust; Oct 12th, 2002 at 23:39:45.
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

Re: Nanomage

Originally posted by Sallust

I guess your sig says it all though Shub. You don't need to understand you just like to argue. Please use it on something else, Atrox and Nanomages need balancing just like the Fixers used to.
    OMG! i was going to say the same in another thread... lol...

plz dont lisent to this guy he is a flamer, he gets a kick out of it or something....
    Jamesdum President of Ragnarok
    Jamespond Member of Ragnarok
    Jamespond2 Member of Ragnarok

Want to join Ragnarok?

Quote on BrutalThug
    Because we have spy's in EVERYONE's guild so we can plan the attack while you sleep !! yeah ! hmm we clearly need to rename the guild to "nordic echelon"

Thumbs down

when I asked for a nanobreed fix I wasnt asking for more nano.. currently nano is dripping out of my ears .. what I need is HP.. considering even leveled creatures critt me for half to 2/3 of my HP and hit me for a general 1/5 isnt very nice.. and I like evryone else has decent Armor to my level.
    my Adventuerer wich is a Solitus and 35 level lower than my NT got 400 HP more than the NT as of now.

if the mobs wherent hitting so insanley at higher levels Nanomages might have stood a chance.
    but im happy to know that i might have been able to fire of 10 nukes instead of 7.. if I had survived the mob that is.
    Operation impending doom 2 seems to have started with patch 15.6.5
    12.6 first contact, 14.6 second attempt, 16.6 Invasion of the gabber bots ?
    Old and bitter player, currently playing: Justincase GA4 wearing phix0r
    Originally posted by Cz
    I already saw this thread, but refrained from answering due to the pleasant show of confidence from Lumin.
    Sing a song for FunCom

Red face

You didn't answer my question... but apparently it really pissed you off
    Enri - Adventurer
    Paxton - Bureaucrat

Forum Education!

No I didnt answer your question, as I said, it was aside from the pt.

Apparently you still have nothing meaningful to say
    Regimental Beastie

Easy math:
    whiners = bad players

Originally posted by Lumin
    when I asked for a nanobreed fix I wasnt asking for more nano.. currently nano is dripping out of my ears .. what I need is HP.. considering even leveled creatures critt me for half to 2/3 of my HP and hit me for a general 1/5 isnt very nice.. and I like evryone else has decent Armor to my level.
    my Adventuerer wich is a Solitus and 35 level lower than my NT got 400 HP more than the NT as of now.

if the mobs wherent hitting so insanley at higher levels Nanomages might have stood a chance.
    but im happy to know that i might have been able to fire of 10 nukes instead of 7.. if I had survived the mob that is.
    First off what level characters are we talking about? At my level NTs are not getting critted for 1/2-2/3 of their HP under normal conditions. I take it you are doing missions approximately twice your level or so? If your nanomage was solitus you'd be able to take 1-2 more hits before you died.

BTW adv will always have an advantage with HP over a NT even if they are the same breed. My level 195 solitus crat has 6500ish HP with no buffs (same dark blue body dev as NTs). If I was a nanomage I'd have approx 5700 or so HP.
    Rebbeca Omni Tek President
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

"Technological progress has merely provided us with more efficient means for going backwards."
    -Aldous Huxley

Originally posted by Routeen
    No I didnt answer your question, as I said, it was aside from the pt.

Apparently you still have nothing meaningful to say
    You gave me a page long rant. I am flattered, but if it is so irrelevant why did you devote a page to me?
    Enri - Adventurer
    Paxton - Bureaucrat

Forum Education!

Paxton, i understood you question. Now what is your point?

First off what level characters are we talking about? At my level NTs are not getting critted for 1/2-2/3 of their HP under normal conditions. I take it you are doing missions approximately twice your level or so? If your nanomage was solitus you'd be able to take 1-2 more hits before you died.

BTW adv will always have an advantage with HP over a NT even if they are the same breed. My level 195 solitus crat has 6500ish HP with no buffs (same dark blue body dev as NTs). If I was a nanomage I'd have approx 5700 or so HP.
    Those 1-2 hits would be all nice, cause then the mob would be dead (unless my proggie black-holed)

when doing a 50% mission I having some trouble completing it (yes I use my calm, I use layers and all the extra "goodies")
    problem is that the mobs are hitting too fast compared to how fast I can launch my nukies, and my progs are doing below min dmg for 2/3 of the time. and considering I have to cast the calm 3-4 times for it to kick in it doesnt help.

now, when I selected to be a nano breed I knew I was sacreficing HP for Nano Pool, but when your only way to outsmart your oponent is to have more HP then im not too happy about getting more nano. when I selected Nanomage I was hoping to be a bit better than the rest in casting these nano-programs aswell, not just being able to cast more of them.

but again this shows that the perfect anything is an Atrox, but only because its all about the HP. for now.
    Operation impending doom 2 seems to have started with patch 15.6.5
    12.6 first contact, 14.6 second attempt, 16.6 Invasion of the gabber bots ?
    Old and bitter player, currently playing: Justincase GA4 wearing phix0r
    Originally posted by Cz
    I already saw this thread, but refrained from answering due to the pleasant show of confidence from Lumin.
    Sing a song for FunCom

Originally posted by Paxton

You gave me a page long rant. I am flattered, but if it is so irrelevant why did you devote a page to me?
    It is simple. You were the representative moron. Can't respond to all of them.

Thank you.
    Regimental Beastie

Easy math:
    whiners = bad players

in AO is retardedly easy -- you could go 1-200 in social clothes, e.g.

u should tell this to scumbug....he's still going on and on about wanting a ql200 STR/STA based skinchip....and a big nono to wearing anything lower ql because it's not RP-friendly.
    Blue Steel(TM)

E 86% - S 60% - A 33% - K 20%
    http://www.andreasen.org/bartle/

SL upgraded oct 10, 2003

RK2 - Derek"Rayfield" Zoolander
    RK2 - "Umeshiso" Maki
    RK2 - Sylvester "Code187" Vallone

The difference between Atrox and NM will not be 700 hp. As of now the difference is 700-800. After the Atrox hp boost it will become 1400-1600, which is VERY much.

NM will of course have more nanopool, but we will have the same nano-recharge (HE or nano rechargers). "HP-recharge" is any healing profession, or in solo, first aid.

I would gladly trade my increased nanopool for more hp as I would fight just as good with 2/3 of my nano (I rarely go below 1/3 of my nano, but I still occationally die..)
    Corianin - TL6 NT - eqp

It is simple. You were the representative moron. Can't respond to all of them.
    Har! You're not very good at answering questions ya know. The funny part is that I'm piss drunk and still know I'm right. I'll explain it in plain english: You're still playing the game, you're still getting invited to groups, you're still playing as intended; No one cares about your small disadvantages (which you only notice because you are bored and need something to blame).

I am almost feel bad for making you so emotional while I'm laughing my ass off. Send me your address and I'll send a hug-a-gram and a violin player to play a sad song for you.
    Enri - Adventurer
    Paxton - Bureaucrat

Forum Education!

Thumbs up

This is a good overall change that helps to set apart the breeds. In my opinion, solitus and opifex have a decent advantage currently.

After 14.6, atrox will be the breed for those who want a fair hp boost, nanomage will be for those who would rather cast than be a meatshield, solitus will STILL be the average breed with no huge advantage or disadvantage, and opifex will of course have a speed and overall cheap ip breedcost.

Now I have played all four breeds to at least level 130. I chose solitus to be the breed of my highest character because it is average and I can just carry a bag of temp implants and wear any armor type I want. All this change does is slightly enhance each breed in 1 area (except for solitus which has no strengths or weaknesses) so new players will have to choose carefully at character selection.

I only wish I could be around for the next few months when AO is starting to get fixed. Due to personal reasons I have to quit until at least next summer (only 9 days left on my account) We are almost out of beta now so if Funcom stays in business I'll probably be back next fall.
    Baloneypony - 205 Trader
    Metapony - 146 MP
    Baloneymon - 88 Keeper
    Ducksooop - 158 Doc
    Baloneydeath - 127 Advent
    Bureaupony - 89 Crat

---< Better Idea >---

Instead of just adding to nanopool. they should raise the trickle down effect that intelligence has on nano skills. that would be useful and fair, since there is really not any advantage to being a nanomage as of yet.

If they raised the trickle down effect, it may give a advantage to professions allowing them to cast higher nano's at a early stage (the ones not level capped at least...)

*note: i did not read the 7 pages, so this may have been suggested...?

Oh, i got another idea. make the nano breed have a natural resistance to hostile nano's. Sort of how elves are resistant to magic in other RPG's...

This would add an advantage to being nanomage, while also supporting their race description, ect.
    Last edited by Luxferro; Oct 13th, 2002 at 15:09:09.
    Luxferro

"We will look into it"

Yeah right..lol

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast